Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Since the announcement of FF XIV thinking of trying XI out finally.

solocronosolocrono Member Posts: 173

I've always been on the fence about FF XI.  I've always loved FF games since the very first one, but for some reason never got myself to try it... now I'm thinking of trying it out to get a feel for what I'll be in store with in XIV.  Would this be advisable to someone?  Plus I've really really been looking for a different MMO, I'm so burned out on WoW.  I love grouping, and not rushing like wow is now, so I've been thinking I may really enjoy it.  Any advice? 

Thank you all in advance

Comments

• linrenlinren Member Posts: 578

Well, you can probably spend some time in FFXI, but the problem is you that it is extremely slow paced.

With recent updates it is now easier to level than ever, but FFXI's fun point have never being about leveling.  It as always been about a difficult game where people have to work together and defy the overwhelming odds.  Then after you get use to it, it is all about obtaining rare and powerful items, and maxing your character so it becomes useful or poweful.

This game have plenty to offer, but only after you play enough sadly.

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

Since you're not really hung up on WoW, the whole "keeping an open mind" thing doesn't really work. Tons of stuff to do, and you don't have to be high level to do it all.

If you happen to start up on my server Kujata, give me a holler and I'll help you get started.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• GameslaveGameslave Member Posts: 130

I wouldn't say by playing XI you'll know what to expect from XIV. I think with the new implementations of XIV you'd be able to jump into with everyone else and pick up just as well. If you've already played any MMO and you're looking for something different, I think XIV will be that game. In the meantime, it certainly couldn't hurt to take advantage of some free trials out there. I'd also suggest playing DDO, just for kicks.

Abraxas [365]