Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SQO Review - 1 year Player

Hey, lets start with the good shall we?

1) A good Idea, with a bigger player base, this will go far

2) A few goals to aim for, so you know what to do.

3) Multi Clienting available, and multiple Avatars, meaning you can play 2 different alts (characters) at one time, be it 1 Starfleet, 1 Civilian, or 2 Starfleet or 2 Civilian (can be more than 2, depending on your Computer

4) Can actually walk on planets and inside ships, player owned planets/systems, player owned buildings

that is all i can think of, next is the bad,

1) Not much to do after a while or before a certain point

2) Not much fighting last time i checked

3) Takes a long time (depending on distance) to get from A to B

4) a major bug that needs to be fixed, but i bet they are working on it

Next up is the forums

Good:

1) A large amount of people here, who help others readily, be it new or veteran or beta

2) Good RP, and a good place to keep up on recent events (so if you stopped playing until they add a certain thing, it will/should be listed here)

3) CAN BE friendly, and can be brutal, RP and OOC

Bad:

1) Fighting on forums a lot, starts as RP but may turn to OOC unless Mods get on top of it

2) Most people Forum play, rather than play in the game, keeping their titles as Minister, or w/e yet contribute in no way to the games upkeep (IE so rich or supplied etc that they dont even need to log in)

3) Can be inactive some times, or can take a while to get a response if no one wants to know about that post

www.castlethornsoftware.com

^ The link that began it all...

www.runescape.com

^ The link to end it all xD

Comments

• Astra-mastaAstra-masta Member Posts: 5

Ok i got another thing to add...

The admins work hard, and major bugs have been wiped from the game, so performance in battle has drastically increased. Also with the new Buildings for colonies it does make another thing to do, because you need the buildings to get the colony happy, so it makes it a little more challenging to get a colony.

Also with the new shuttles and Fighters coming soon, it will be an amazing addition to not only the fighting/combat side of the game, but also the Civilian side, where you can fly in a small shuttle to make things faster to Test chemicals etc. But the fighters will enable New players to be able to go in and shoot the enemy without much risk (apart from dying) and loosing a fighter, easily replacable.

The admins continue to add new stuff to the game, and to fix the Bugs in the game. Been a year and 2 months, and i am still LOVING the game, i recommend it to all RPers (or just people who like Sci-Fi/Space MMOs) with the helpful Forums, and the 'need' for new recruits, you will be adored for your first month in the game.

If you want to join, and want to play with people, or want to get taught how to play, rather than the (rather simple) Tutorial, then you are more than welcome to PM me (on SQO forums as i rarely log on here) and join the Independent Coalition of Systems (see another topic titles Independent Coalition of System's (above this topic somewhere) and follow that Forum link, and ask to join, I am always recruiting, and will be more than happy to help you get started :) )

www.castlethornsoftware.com

^ The link that began it all...

www.runescape.com

^ The link to end it all xD