Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

quitting sb

TMcCTMcC Member Posts: 218

How in the hell do you quit this game if you lost ur password....? I signed up for three months and quit because I had no time and ofcourse when that 4th month came I was billed......its like if I signed up for 3 months I signed up for that and that only.

Comments

• Otto_ManicOtto_Manic Member Posts: 202

Those assholes at Ubi are renowned for that crap. I'd have to say that they're the only company that's dropped lower than SOE. Although most games make it a little difficult and hide the quit buttons from you, they're at least THERE. I don't know WTF Ubi puts their quit links, I had the same freakin thing happen to me a few months back, so I wrote them and told them that if they didn't cancel the account ASAP, I was going to call up my bank and block them from charging it / call a fradulent transaction on them. Heh, I got an e-mail the next day with a cancellation confirmation.

Edit: BTW, SB was the worst freaking MMO of all time.

Otto!

I'm looking for some friends that I lost contact with over the years...

EQ: Horlain (Firiona Vie)
    DAOC: Kaizur (Guinevere)

• thatolchestnthatolchestn Member Posts: 31

Noticing your surroudings 101

When starting up the game you will notice there is a MY ACCOUNT button upon the patch, next to the config and support button.

You click the my account button type in your info and hit cancel.

Without the info youll need to just tell your CC company not to allow the charge to go through.

• HirzikHirzik Member Posts: 57

Originally posted by Otto_Manic
    Those assholes at Ubi are renowned for that crap. I'd have to say that they're the only company that's dropped lower than SOE. Although most games make it a little difficult and hide the quit buttons from you, they're at least THERE. I don't know WTF Ubi puts their quit links, I had the same freakin thing happen to me a few months back, so I wrote them and told them that if they didn't cancel the account ASAP, I was going to call up my bank and block them from charging it / call a fradulent transaction on them. Heh, I got an e-mail the next day with a cancellation confirmation.

Edit: BTW, SB was the worst freaking MMO of all time.

Have you recently tried Ragnarok or Ultima Online? Its more of a pain in the rear to get rid of them than SB (same for StarWars Galaxies). If you had eyes you might realize that its directly infront of you on the patcher (as noted by the post just above mine) and if you look under "Game Info" on the Sb Chronicle's main page, about halfway down the page it mentions a link titled "Account Manager" which thus far is still the easiest way to get to your billing info aside from the link on the patcher. Glad you guys don't do anything important with your lives, else we'd be screwed by your carelessness in dealing with financial or other matters (think if this guy worked for NASA... where do you think we'd be?).

• demon-surgedemon-surge Member Posts: 67

Welcome to the I quit SB club

• FE|TachyonFE|Tachyon Member UncommonPosts: 652

LoL I have an entire guild of "I Quit SB'"ers

Try cancling your FFXI account or SWG's. I had to get my CC company to Charge Back SOE, because I cancled on the 21's, and on the 22nd They REbilled me. They responded that their system hadn't updated the changes I had made, and refused to refund the payment. Another Reason SOE sucks arse. They are ONLY about the BUCK.

• theuglytheugly Member Posts: 3
    Why not read what you are paying for before you sign up? It says right there you will be billed every 3 months. Why not use the same user name/pasword when you signup for stuff if your too stupid to remember. If you login to your account you can cancel anytime with the cancel link. I love people who cause their own problems and then blame others for their own ignorance and or stupidity. I have cancelled multiple times myself witthout any problems. Complain about the game but don't complain when your the problem.
  • GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    Cancle or put a stop on the credit card you used.
  • LypheusLypheus Member UncommonPosts: 82

Originally posted by Geeky
    Cancle or put a stop on the credit card you used.

Of course, you'll want to notify mom and dad to do this ... ;) ...

• ManilixManilix Member Posts: 29
    ehmm.  i dont even understand wtf ppl are complaining about?  It says in freking front 400 that its a reacurring bill every 3 months or 1 or whatever you choose.  And its hard to quit ???  are you joking? All you do is login press cancel, press yes im sure and badabing. your done ?!? is that really all that hard.. ?