Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most Illuminating Thing Regarding this Game.

WizGamerWizGamer Member UncommonPosts: 402

The developers have unseen confidence in the mmo industry. I've never seen a company that simply doesn't care about the NDA. Sure they emplaced it out of convention but they really aren't sticking to it. In fact, the developer Sebastian e-mailed me a couple days ago regarding suggestions I had submitted a long time ago.

Smart Beta Process:

• Let people in now with a bare world and nothing turned on (kind of like what Darkfall did except Darkfall didn't have anything to turn on -> let's hope MO isn't the same)
  • They have successfully demonstrated that features are simply being turned off for stress testing and it allows them to test each feature delicately and they can backtrack and easily spot the errors each week.
  • Let people in blocks which will not overwhelm the servers but also kill the vaporWAREZ people
  • Also, some people were able to fight special npcs such as minotaurs according to the devs

OF COURSE it could all be a major scam...but I doubt it. I just hate how damn overcast the weather is (from Official Videos and SCREENSHOTS). It's so dismal :( and too dramatic lol. 

Comments

• adralaadrala Member Posts: 148

When I saw leaks few hours after beta client release I was kinda worried but then ppl started to get hyped from this vis.

If you check now the vids on youtube you will see that the general opinion is that MO looks great and ppl are excited about it.

So right now I think SV is being smart letting the leaks act as a marketing tool to get more ppl interested in their game.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

I really dont get all the NDA scare.

I mean I get it if the game sucks, and you want to hide that fact.

But when developer takes NDA so lightly , it means they are confident in their game. And they know its good.

And that by itself is the best marketing tool

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

But when developer takes NDA so lightly , it means they are confident in their game. And they know its good.

Companies don't have NDA just to hide the potential fact that the game sucks. It is also used to protect innovative ideas and such from their competitors.

• FariicFariic Member Posts: 1,546

It's not about the game being bad or good.

Competing retail chains don't want each other to know what kind of adds they are running prior to the adds releasing.  If a store knew what thier competition was putting on sale with advanced notice they could create a sale to match or undercut thier competition.  Some stores, during times like black friday, will put thier employees under an NDA in regard to thier black friday adverts.  Some places forbid you from talking about what's going on sale and will fire you if you tell customers about the add; for no other reason then they don't want it to get back to a competitor.

I also wouldn't want a developer from another studio getting into my beta and then releasing really bad videos in an effort to make the game look bad.  Or if they like what they see, taking it to impliment into thier own game.

An NDA has a lot of uses.

PS:  I have absoluletly no clue what the point of this thread is. 

I have no idea what the OP is getting at.

• SigilaeaSigilaea Member Posts: 317

This is just my opinion, but I think another reason devs want to cloak the game is for that wow factor. They want you to be blown away and impressed with novelty of their design choices.

If all of their features are old news by the time the game launches then fewer people will be curious enough to buy it.

• GladeousGladeous Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by Fariic

It's not about the game being bad or good.

Competing retail chains don't want each other to know what kind of adds they are running prior to the adds releasing.  If a store knew what thier competition was putting on sale with advanced notice they could create a sale to match or undercut thier competition.  Some stores, during times like black friday, will put thier employees under an NDA in regard to thier black friday adverts.  Some places forbid you from talking about what's going on sale and will fire you if you tell customers about the add; for no other reason then they don't want it to get back to a competitor.

I also wouldn't want a developer from another studio getting into my beta and then releasing really bad videos in an effort to make the game look bad.  Or if they like what they see, taking it to impliment into thier own game.

An NDA has a lot of uses.

PS:  I have absoluletly no clue what the point of this thread is. 

I have no idea what the OP is getting at.

So this couldn't happen if there was an NDA right?

• UbieUbie Member Posts: 185

My thoughts exactly, when a company drops the iron curtain on the beta, especially if they keep it till launch, you can bet beta had alot of problems.