Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After waiting for the expansion....

I played LOTRO for two years and after the highly anticipated expansion came out, i was sorely dissappointed.

The whole premise of a new weapon system, and the whole everything new thing was a sad dissappointment....

I mean I followed the whole LOTRO system and into the expansion, and the expansion was just 10 more levels of the same crap!!!!.....

Agreed?

Comments

• Silverthorn8Silverthorn8 Member UncommonPosts: 510

Maybe worth expanding on these statements, all I have read so far concerning Moria is the zones are awesome and the legendary weapon system rocks!

P.S I'm not a player, so have no frame of reference other than player posts.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by tubaplayertx

I played LOTRO for two years and after the highly anticipated expansion came out, i was sorely dissappointed.

The whole premise of a new weapon system, and the whole everything new thing was a sad dissappointment....

I mean I followed the whole LOTRO system and into the expansion, and the expansion was just 10 more levels of the same crap!!!!.....

Agreed?

Nope...I really enjoy the MoM expansion and this game is a hell of a lot better and has a great amount of content compared to how it used to be.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• LaginaLagina Member Posts: 26

I really like MoM.  Best expansion in any game I've played.

• DoggarthDoggarth Member Posts: 22

Nope,  MOM provided a lot of different enviroment and did a lot to further the story line.  The weapon system took me a while to grasp, yet now i like it.  With the new fellowship quests,  leveling was not a grind at all.

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

I disagree.

Mines of Moria added a ridiculous amount of content... it's by far the best expansion for an MMO I've seen.

Sure it has some issues... like radiance gating... but that's just down to each person's style.

Legendary weapons are by far the best idea I've seen in an mmo in a while.

Turbine is constantly listening to the playerbase and is updating and expanding it's ideas.

I'm still playing casually (I don't have time).... and can't wait for Riders of Rohan :)

..Cake..

• thorwoodthorwood Member Posts: 485

I disagree.

I loved the dungeon crawl in Mines of Moria while I explored.  The area inside the mines was huge for a single expansion that raised the level cap by 10.

I mastered the last two tiers of crafting and my equipped traits reached the cap.

The quality of the crafted items for the last tier was disappointing.  Most of the crafted items were not as good as the items from quests and drops.   I would also have liked endgame content for solo play as the maximum level experience seemed focused on the group instances and raids.

Overall, there was more than enough content to make the expansion worth every cent.  Best fun I have had in ages.