Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Multiboxing Allowed?

Just a quick question... (seems like i cant get the search thingy to function, and for some strange reason I cant access the Lotro forums right now)

 

Somewhat bored after getting a couple of characters to max lvl in this amazing beautiful fun game, I have started to setup a "multibox" session. Is multiboxing allowed in LotRO? Im doing it only for the challenge(Only PvE questing), no PvP, no farming or such things. Im using Inner Space + isboxer(no alt+tab, just click and go). I run three accounts on one computer, working great... but with very low graphics.Only macros is shortcuts /follow and /target leader and stuff like that, no automated boting macros.

 

Got a CPT,HUN,LM (great combo so far.. a little weak tanking maybe.. but doesnt got hvy armor yet) to lvl 15 now and start to get a hang of it... fun stuff... great challenge... reflexes of lightning ftw. But it struck me today... is this against some rules??? Dont wanna get banned just because I got a little bored... :D

 

 

Now Playing: LotRO:MoM Waiting for: Earthrise, The Warhammer 40k mmo
Collecting dust on my shelf: Ultima Online, EverQuest, Dark Age of Camelot, Shadowbane, Lineage II, SWG, EQ2, D&D Online, Vanguard:SoH, Tabula Rasa, PoTBS, AoC, WAR

Comments

  • SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

    I really don't think so, but I sure do not know for sure.  As it is, I see quite a few people with one or two others following right behind them quite often, same game/unguilded.  

  • alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

    If you are paying and using 3 accounts I dont think it's a problem, you can have 3 players on the same house, each one with his own account and it will be no diference.

    If you found a way of using 3 characters on the same account at the same time, its probably against the rules, I shouldnt do it anymore.



  • NeosaiNeosai Member Posts: 401

    I am a firm believe in not multi-boxing.  it is basically the same as using hacks, except when the games allow it in design then I have no problem with it at all.

    Nope, I don't think you can play LotRO with multiboxing, at least legally.  A friend was talking about that with me the other day, but I am not sure if he is right or not because I don't play LotRO.

  • NiimNiim Member Posts: 46

    Thanks for the quick answers. I tried to google it... and found one link with a answer(probably)... but it link to the lotro forums... and I cant access it.

     

    I pay for 2 accounts and got 1 founder account with life sub...

    Now Playing: LotRO:MoM Waiting for: Earthrise, The Warhammer 40k mmo
    Collecting dust on my shelf: Ultima Online, EverQuest, Dark Age of Camelot, Shadowbane, Lineage II, SWG, EQ2, D&D Online, Vanguard:SoH, Tabula Rasa, PoTBS, AoC, WAR

  • NiimNiim Member Posts: 46

    Now Playing: LotRO:MoM Waiting for: Earthrise, The Warhammer 40k mmo
    Collecting dust on my shelf: Ultima Online, EverQuest, Dark Age of Camelot, Shadowbane, Lineage II, SWG, EQ2, D&D Online, Vanguard:SoH, Tabula Rasa, PoTBS, AoC, WAR

  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

    A couple of people in my kin have multiple accounts so they can get the extra character slots and we have several husband/wife teams. Not a lot of point in multi boxing for combat, as you know LoTRO's combat tends to be too complicated and having a buffbot is pretty tough because of the proximity requirements. it's easier by several orders of magnitude to just to lvl your crafting and use potions than try and control two characters. I might not be the most coordinated person in the world anywy , but I can't imagine trying to control more than one toon at a time in LoTRO combat.  I multi boxed DAoC for a buffbot and would not bother here unless I just wanted more character slots.

    I miss DAoC

  • NiimNiim Member Posts: 46

    Well reading posts around the net it seems like it is legal and ok with the Eula, even turbine says it is ok as long no automated macros is running... I dont have any of those.. I click everything manually... got some wicked keymapping. :D

     

    I agree with the above post... the combat doesnt get easier just because you control three characters... it actually gets much harder. But that is kind what Im after... the challenge. You got to time every little step in the fight to win... you start to loose control and you dead... fun stuff.

     

    Another aspect is other players... I dont want to ruin their game somehow... but I think if I do my own thing without showing off and being somewhat discrete, I can multibox in peace.



    Well will look around some more for a official statement before I continue...

     

    ty all for your posts

    Now Playing: LotRO:MoM Waiting for: Earthrise, The Warhammer 40k mmo
    Collecting dust on my shelf: Ultima Online, EverQuest, Dark Age of Camelot, Shadowbane, Lineage II, SWG, EQ2, D&D Online, Vanguard:SoH, Tabula Rasa, PoTBS, AoC, WAR

  • LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,320
    Originally posted by Niim


    Well reading posts around the net it seems like it is legal and ok with the Eula...

     

    I think PotBS is the only 3D MMO that doesn't allow it.

    -- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144
    Originally posted by Niim


    Thanks for the quick answers. I tried to google it... and found one link with a answer(probably)... but it link to the lotro forums... and I cant access it.
     
    I pay for 2 accounts and got 1 founder account with life sub...

    If you are paying for it they don't care. I've seen a lot of multiboxers in this game. Most of them go with six of the same class. Like the Bomb Squad goes with six hunters and pretty much melts anything he targets. I'll look for a you tube link of him and put it here if I can find it.

    Here is a multiboxer at level 13

    In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

  • Cypt1Cypt1 Member UncommonPosts: 283

    OP, ignore the moronic naysayers who are trying to dissuade you without first having proven any basis for their purported "facts." Allow me to direct you to a quote directly from Turbine regarding their stance on multi-boxing:

     

    (Quote taken from the folllowing link: http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=20410    )

    Multi-boxing is completely acceptable for any Turbine game. Our terms of service do specifically warn against Unattended Combat Macros; however this type of action is completely different than multi-boxing. Turbine as a company does understand the significant differences and thus doesn't prevent multi-boxing in any way.

     In other words, yes, multi-boxing, in essence, is permissible , as long as you aren't utilizing any macros/third party software that could be misconstrued to be a form of "botting." I've never heard of anyone being banned for using Innerspace in LotRO, and as long as you only use it to repeat keystrokes (i.e. pressing one button transmits that exact keystroke to your other clients and does nothing else), then you'll most likely be fine. The accounts must be in your name, of course, but I know that you're already aware of that.

    On another note, make sure to check out the website I provided in the link (dual-boxing.com) as it provides a plethora of information for people such as yourself. I've dual-boxed in various games (including LotRO), although I'm currently on an extended hiatus due to burnout.

    In any case, good luck with your endeavors!

  • NiimNiim Member Posts: 46
    Originally posted by Cypt1


    OP, ignore the moronic naysayers who are trying to dissuade you without first having proven any basis for their purported "facts." Allow me to direct you to a quote directly from Turbine regarding their stance on multi-boxing:
     
    (Quote taken from the folllowing link: http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=20410    )
    Multi-boxing is completely acceptable for any Turbine game. Our terms of service do specifically warn against Unattended Combat Macros; however this type of action is completely different than multi-boxing. Turbine as a company does understand the significant differences and thus doesn't prevent multi-boxing in any way.
     In other words, yes, multi-boxing, in essence, is permissible , as long as you aren't utilizing any macros/third party software that could be misconstrued to be a form of "botting." I've never heard of anyone being banned for using Innerspace in LotRO, and as long as you only use it to repeat keystrokes (i.e. pressing one button transmits that exact keystroke to your other clients and does nothing else), then you'll most likely be fine. The accounts must be in your name, of course, but I know that you're already aware of that.
    On another note, make sure to check out the website I provided in the link (dual-boxing.com) as it provides a plethora of information for people such as yourself. I've dual-boxed in various games (including LotRO), although I'm currently on an extended hiatus due to burnout.
    In any case, good luck with your endeavors!

    Thank you! All info I was looking for and more! A lot of great info on that site about multiboxing in general and in LotRO. Doing this multi session actually got me exited about this game again. A great game got greater.  :) And Im still grouping with my guild now and then with my other characters, so this only brought a new side to the game.

     

    Hope you recover from the the burnout soon mate and return to the Middle Earth with new courage to whip some sorry orc ass!

    Now Playing: LotRO:MoM Waiting for: Earthrise, The Warhammer 40k mmo
    Collecting dust on my shelf: Ultima Online, EverQuest, Dark Age of Camelot, Shadowbane, Lineage II, SWG, EQ2, D&D Online, Vanguard:SoH, Tabula Rasa, PoTBS, AoC, WAR

Sign In or Register to comment.