Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forming a linkshell

Eagler777Eagler777 Member Posts: 89

Hi everyone, been a long time since I've been on MMORPG... but when I heard a rumor that FFXIV was in development, I got here fast and was happy to see that its true.  Ever since I started playing FFXI in 2004, even though I absolutly loved the game,  I was always hoping in the back of my mind there would be a new FF MMO someday.  This is mainly because I feel I got a late jump on the game.. I kinda wanted to be a pioneer in a game like this.  Also, for those that have played this or other MMO's like FFXI, it wasnt that hard to actually get into a good end game linkshell.. but to get anything decent you got put on the waiting list for months upon months.  It took me 9 months to get a Kirin Osode after joing a good end game shell, and thats after hour upon hour upon sleepless nights and just blah!!  Killing him over and over and over and hoping for the drop.. then having to wait my turn on the list. 

All that even though I may have made it seem like it wasnt, was actually extremely fun, but this time around, I want to be one of the first people in the game and in my shell to have the great items... So in other words, I'm looking for anyone out there that is going to be starting a linkshell with a bunch of people that have the same goals in mind, having lots of fun, and being an end game LS.  If so let me know on here or w/e and I'll give my email address or we can talk or w/e, but i'm very interested in helping to set up an organized group to take FFXIV by storm. 

Just FYI, as I've mentioned above, I would be glad to HELP organize people (figure out how many people we need, what jobs, what type of crafters, recruiting, ect.) but I am in no way wanting to be the leader, so I'm not actually setting one up or recruiting currently.. just wanting to get involved with a group with similar interest that has someone with good leadership abilities.

Comments

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

We have a pretty good sized Final Fantasy XIV Linkshell community. About....90 members so far, we've spread the word across the internet, but yeah, if you're interested, we need all the help with recruiting as possible...

rapture.gamercrisis.com

and our forums are:

gamercrisis.proboards.com

• Eagler777Eagler777 Member Posts: 89

Nah man, I'm sorry... I have over 4 years worth of experience on FFXI, and I know what I'm talking about and what I'm looking for.  You guys apparently are not it.

If you read what I wrote before, I waited over 9 months for a kirin osode.. and that was just one piece.. there were  others I waited over a year for.. and this was in a LS that had roughly 120 members.  If you guys plan on being a LS of 1000+ members... your gonna have a ton of problems later in the game.  Trying to decide who gets what when hundreds and hundreds of players participated in helping to get the items that are needed to fight the monster that gives the drop... well it would just be chaos. 

I mean think about it.  Really the 100% truth is that you guys are tring to build an army, but are forgetting to leave any enemies.. when that happens.. your own people become your enemies.  What if the super uber ring of awsomeness is discovered, and 200 other mages in your LS want it.. what are you going to do?  On top of that.. trying to lead 1000 people?  Are you being serious here?  A few examples... what about when its time for a meeting.. you REALLY think 1000+ members are going to just show up at the exact moment they all should be... and how are you going to find time to answer 1000+ people expressing opinions questions and concerns?  How about when you do something like killing Genbu in FFXI.. and 400 people help get the items to spawn him and kill him... and you get some drops.. how do you decide who gets placed where on the waiting list.. and what about the money drops.. you get a 7,000,000 log and you have to divide it 400 ways.. basically nothing would be worth it and the LS would never actually get individually strong members.

Here is something that I actually seen quite a few times in FFXI and I'm am 100% possitive it would happen if you have that many members.. (remember I'm using FFXI examples so using its bosses) we work hard and get our very hard working member a drop of Kirin, and after that the ditch the LS.. why... because they have what they need of Kirin, and they dont want to kill him 10,000 more times and really not benefit, its like putting in hundreds of hours of gameplay to get one item.  I dont want to sound greedy here so let me clearify... I have NO problem helping my members, I actually enjoy it, its great helping others out.. but come on to help the majority of 1000+ members.. thats all you would ever get done doing is helping someone else do something.

I guess the 2 points I really am trying to get across here is that I'm interested in a smaller, much more SKILLED group of people, that have end game in thier sights, because its the best part of MMO's imo.  With a group of 150-200 skilled group members, everyone would be satisfied.. and thats plenty enough to have a good bit of people on at all times. That number of skilled players can accomplish anything.  I read somewhere that you want so many members to do dynamis and such.. well in FFXI we had a group of 40 members that did dynamis and rocked it every time we did it, after we learned it of course. It actually became easy.  We had 40 skilled members that showed up everytime we went, on time, and everone listened because we were not trying to direct an over mass amount of people.  It was also much more rewarding when we got drops than it would be for the max amount of  members to enter. 

Anyway I'm just going on and on I think you get the point, which is simply that I dont think your LS's concepts suit me.  I know what I'm looking for, and I'm not going to give in for anyone, because this time around I know what I'm talking about.  So thanks for the offer, but I'm going to hold out for a shell that meets my needs, and I'm sure it will come along.  Good luck to you guys though!

Ah, I see no problem at all. If you're looking for a smaller FFXIV linkshell community, I have found a great one for you! They plan on having a lot less than us, a very stable and studdy linkshell, I really think you'd enjoy it, but I am already committed to Rapture.

MMORPG page:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/239922/Eldritch-Eponym-Now-Recruiting.html

Website URL:

eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com/forum.htm

Let me know if they're any good in your opinion.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Well said Eagler.

In the long run massive guilds (LS) do not work in a PvE centric game . Way to many mouths to feed and not near enough food.  Anyone experianced with FFXI knows this. The only ones who will benifit are the leaders. The guild may last long enough for them to get their gear, but will soon collapse after, then they will join the smaller Ls's. In FFXI the biggest end-game LS I saw was around 100 members (on my server).

IMO it is indeed much better to have smaller number of  skilled players in a PvE game. That way your not raiding the same boss every weekend for several years. For something like dynamis it was far to easy to form alliances with other LS's to do that when you needed bigger number of players.

Rapture members will learn this the hard way. FFXIV is not a PvP centric game where zergs rule the day.

For the most part my old FFXI LS core members will be reforming the LS, and they are very well aware that you dont want more than 60-70 members in a LS. To them thats even a very high number.  

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

Thanks toddze

Actually I can even agree with what you said about your people.. the only reason I even mentioned a little higher number in my post is because it is only July 2009.. so I'm pretty confident that by the time the game is actually released, some of those people will decide not to play, or join some other LS.. or maybe even decide the game is not for them after it launches and they try it.

So  really your numbers are probly more acturate.. as the final product though.

Statistics show that if you recruit 200 people, you'll have 50 hardcore members. If you recruit 1000, you'll have 250 hardcore members, the point is...

Let's say 50 hardcore members at launch, then yeah, somewhere between 100 and 200 is just perfect. And, to start a linkshell early will only prove that the people who have been in the longest are the most dedicated.

Originally posted by Syno23

Statistics show that if you recruit 200 people, you'll have 50 hardcore members. If you recruit 1000, you'll have 250 hardcore members, the point is...
    Let's say 50 hardcore members at launch, then yeah, somewhere between 100 and 200 is just perfect. And, to start a linkshell early will only prove that the people who have been in the longest are the most dedicated.

Yeah, thats a big part of what I'm saying.. so my question to your LS then is.. why in the world are you trying to recruit over 1000 members?

• swalker23swalker23 Member Posts: 266
    Originally posted by Eagler777

Yeah, thats a big part of what I'm saying.. so my question to your LS then is.. why in the world are you trying to recruit over 1000 members?

That's what I want to know.  In a PvP type game where you have guild battles that many players will dominate anyone but in PvE that won't work.  Like Todd said to many mouths to feed and not enough food.  In those guilds you can bet that the leaders will monopolize the good gear first before letting the rest of the pack eat.  If you run a free lot or go on points to lot a item its still trouble.  Free lot new member comes in and raids when lot oh lets say a kirin osode and bam ditches LS and everyone is mad and a few others leave.  Point system its to many people for the leaders to keep up with points and focus playing and raiding.   If you leave for the member to keep up with points then they will start padding points then that will cause problems to.  You never know you might run a successful LS with that many people but with my many years of FFXI I've seen A**holes come and go from LS to LS getting items and leaving so be careful of those types.

Originally posted by Eagler777

Not to get the loot, in FFXI I was yeah, that new member who got nothing, but it was hard to get the local community together to do dynamis, most of the time most of the members came from our huge LS.

But still Sky and Sea and Einherjar are much different. Anyway, I'm going to try to be positive on this matter, to break the guild in sections, group A raids Einherjar on Mondays, group B BCNM and we switch and make alternations. I'm just trying to test things out.

Second of all, Iike I said, I want a really large solid core of members, but we'll have to see what happens. I know this guild isn't for everyone, but that's fine...there will be plenty of FFXIV guilds and linkshells so which ever one fits you will work.

We'll do most of our socializing on Team Speak and Ventrilo so filled text chat won't be an issue either...

I dunno, I just have a preference for large communities.

Judging from what you keep saying, I dont know if your just stubborn or are just not getting the point here... 150-200 is a extremely huge LS... 1000.. um.. thats just rediculous to be honest. 

• AlbosAlbos Member Posts: 132

I joined rapture linkshell when only 7 members were there and I left cause I spoke to the leader and asked for a pearlsack on ffxi and he said he has way too many and all he had was like 4 and reason they started back ffxi was to recruit but with pearlsack no way to recruit. So i quit from poor judgment of the leader and having many members is bad also you never become a family you see names that you dont know. Also in any game experience and dedication makes members lead and I played ffxi and was going to dedicate my time to help the linkshell, even tho I play DD jobs I said in forum I will do healer or support job just to help the linkshell. I believe rapture will be big linkshell but will be one of them linkshell with many members and no one saying hello back to you when you greet.

Well Albos, thats what I figured would happen in that LS, thats why I'm not joining.. but seriously I wish the best of luck to them. It's not like they are trying to do anything wrong.. just that they are not being very smart or organized, which is a requirement for the LS that I will join.  Bringing me back to the reason why I made this thread. 

So once again, if there is any LS out there with similar intrests in mind.. please let me know.

Our rival LS eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com/forum.htm the website looks great, they're really organized and definitely looking for quality members.

And, I understand that you have nothing against our LS, and I thank you for that, but at the same time I understand what you are saying about big LS's......

But Rapture, 1000 members is definitely unrealistic, it is to symbolize how many people we've recruited, but as you can see people are quitting so I assume we'll end up with 300 to 400 solid hardcore members after 2 months of launch.

Now yes, that is 300 to 400 mouths to feed, but we're going to split them into groups. It'll be like having a family in a Linkshell, and I know that defeats the purpose of even having a big LS, but at least we can gather a large amount of people if need be.

Yeah, stick to your 10 to 20 group family, and I know it doesn't make sense because you said earlier that you could gather nearby alliances and linkshells in the game, but still sometimes if you can't have that luxury, you always know you'll have 300 to 400 solid members to rely on.

Now like I said, there's ventrilo and teamspeak these days so filling text chat isn't going to be an issue.

Anyway, I definitely don't wanna be in a small family orientated linkshell. I feel as if I'll get to know the members overtime. I don't wanna be in a hardcore linkshell where people disrespect each other and treat them like an object instead of a person. I'd rather be in something that is huge and reliable, but at the same time friendly and sociable.

So, let me tell you where I'm coming from. I was in a 500 member guild for the start of Warhammer and they did fall apart after 2 weeks. But, why not start early, gather hardcore dedicated members and then the extras will be the flaky ones. So, 1000 members, but 600 to 700 flaky members, at least you'll know that you have 400 hardcore dedicated friendly guild linkshell mates.

My philosophy is this, there's quality in quantity. Out of 1000 members, that's gotta be the ones that are MMO veterens, hardcore members, dedicated guild mates, and fun friendly and sociable people.

But, here's what I'm looking for in "Rapture," a fun, friendly, social Linkshell, but at the same time our numbers will create a basis of hardcore and endgame orientated PvE.

Yes lots of mouths to feed, but if there's a "Will" there's a way. My "Will" is to have a large LS and to do everything in my power to make it work. There must be one Large LS or guild that has made it out alive...at least one in MMO history. If not, it is my mission to have one.

• fatenabu1fatenabu1 Member Posts: 381

Dumb Question,

Your forming a linkshell for a game that isn't out yet, how do you know that they will do linkshells? Perhaps they will do something different as a guild type system. Perhaps something unique...

Dustin

Originally posted by Albos

I joined rapture linkshell when only 7 members were there and I left cause I spoke to the leader and asked for a pearlsack on ffxi and he said he has way too many and all he had was like 4 and reason they started back ffxi was to recruit but with pearlsack no way to recruit. So i quit from poor judgment of the leader and having many members is bad also you never become a family you see names that you dont know. Also in any game experience and dedication makes members lead and I played ffxi and was going to dedicate my time to help the linkshell, even tho I play DD jobs I said in forum I will do healer or support job just to help the linkshell. I believe rapture will be big linkshell but will be one of them linkshell with many members and no one saying hello back to you when you greet.

Ah yes, no pearlsack. You must realize that we don't intend to have a family as a guild, but to break them up into separate family groups. 10 to 20 people to a group to get to know each other and have friends, but the significance of having a 20+ small family groups is to have reliable people for events like dynamis and sky. And to prevent the greed, we're going to have a limit on who can go that day. So, yeah, Sea, sky, dynamis everyday 7 days a week...

Now, like you Albos, I'm a fairly new "Rapture" member. I joined about a month ago, but I am willing to dedicate everything I have to helping out the linkshell. Spend money for ads, recruit actively on the forums, get to know people in-game and on our personal forums. Build a better website, lol, a little bit weak at the moment. Yeah, I'm going to invest a great deal of time and money into "Rapture," but only because the leader and I are on the same page. My guild requirements are thus:

- No recruitment limit

- Flexible leadership

- Rules that give people chances, that don't kick people out because they made some simple mistake (which is why I hate those strict hardcore guilds)

So, "Rapture" is perfect for me. I won't be leader at all, when the game is release I'll be a regular member without a pearlsack or leadership status. I don't need it, it isn't required. In-game if I find a recruit I'll just find a pearlsack holder to give me an LS for that member.

Lol, I remember my last FFXI linkshell a few years ago, I recruited about 20 people a day, I was calling and calling and calling pearlsack holders, I was very demanding! GIVE ME A linkspearl. Going all the way from Jeuno to the dark caves of....just to get a linkpearl for my recruit. I think they eventually decided to make me pearlsack holder, but like I said, just because I'm not a leader or pearlsack holder, that ain't going to stop be from getting to my goal.

1000 MEMBERS!!!!

First, Syno, I just want to say again, good luck to you guys.. I honestly hope that it works out for you guys. 

Second, Faten, you are correct that there could be some other means, I extremely highly doubt they are going to make everyone walk around in solo form and not be able to form some sort of group though.  That would turn just about umm... everyone off I think.  That would make doing things in the form of groups nearly impossible and highly frustrating.. they may not call it a "linkshell" but we are taking from FFXI right now... but its not going to matter what they actually call it.. we all know what it is still.  So I dont really see what your getting at really...

A, ty and likewise...

But yeah, I don't think it is going to be called a linkshell, but people can relate to such terms. Guild/Linkshell...but, for now, yeah, an LS is just appropriate for the situation until more info is released. I see about 5 to 6 stable FFXIV communities are all of them are calling themselves Linkshells.

But yes, in the future, other FFXIV communities will popup. I just wonder if it will be as bad as Warhammer Online lol. I know that Warhammer had the most and the biggest guilds. They had physicial guild alliances, if that's announced in FFXIV, then yeah, we'll probably start making cuts, forming a quantity of guild alliances with quality guilds, but so far only warhammer works this way...

Originally posted by fatenabu1

Dumb Question,
      Your forming a linkshell for a game that isn't out yet, how do you know that they will do linkshells? Perhaps they will do something different as a guild type system. Perhaps something unique...

Dustin

It doesnt matter what its called does it? Clan, Guild, and  Linkshell are all synonymous. Theres no need to be all nitpicky over this subject. It wont be any problem at all to change wording on a website to match the game when it comes out.

As for big guilds, its also to divided, there to many cliques within the guild for my liking but to each his own I guess.

• GameslaveGameslave Member Posts: 130

I'd just like to point out a few things addressed to the persons who mentioned them, in no particular order.

Having a linkpearl, pearsack, or linkshell doesn't mean a gosh darn thing. It means that you are part of a community with a common interest, and for the more organized of them; common goals. A common goal can be anything, even as being an informative social community. From Bahamut was born the GuardiansForces linkshell who's objective it was to help newcomers become involved in the game. Too many people assume that just because a person has a pearlsack that they are somehow "higher ranking" than those with just a linkpearl, which couldn't be further from the truth. It is those same people who in turn become upset at linkshells which designate EVERYONE pearlsack holders. It's a double-standard that nobody else seems to pay any mind to. Just because a linkshell owner refused to designate a person as pearlsack holder, they got offended and quit. With that mentality not Rapture nor any other LS has any use for you. It's a way of limiting the number of new recruits and nameless players who are not familiar with the guild via the forums, as well as weeding out those wanna-be tyrannical sackholders that act as though they have power where they do not. Recruiting a mass of members isn't about having the biggest army in a linkshell, but rather the commonality of players who compliment each other and the guild. For some our linkshell may be too lax, for others it might be too uptight. I have friends who carry both a purely social, as well as endgame linkshells. The goal is to combine these into a single setting so that 1) they don't have to switch from one to the other, making them more accessible and 2) no productivity is lost with the 'unsupervised' recruitment, since that task is bestowed to limited recruiters themselves.

And then there was some talk about the size of Rapture. I don't ever recall being part of a linkshell with more than about 50 members, new or elite, casual or hardcore. What this means is that since most of the poeple are from the same general area, should you feel like pulling an all-nighter or have an awkward schedule, at some point in the day almost nobody else from the linkshell will be online. Rapture hopes to eliminate that frustration by offering leaders schedules that go 'round the clock for international players. Simply put, Rapture is recruiting, and while there are currently no limitations to the size we become, only  those who stick with it until the game's official release will be members as they've already shown committment and dedication to the linkshell. I'm not sure Rapture will ever become available to in-game players at random. I think it should at least be a requirement to participate in the forums as well as their activites before being accepted - let their actions be their application. And not something ridiculous like donating one of the rarest items in the game to the linkshell, forcing them to camp for hours for that ring of uber-amazing wonderness, but just to prove that they have skill. Because we all know every player has something better to do. Rapture is setting up a structure that offers its members their respective roles without restricting anyone's free will, which is something many current linkshells/guilds are incapable of - demanding this and that of its members and activities. I'd like to point out that the entire purpose of a linkshell is to speak to a mass of people no matter where they are in the game, therefore any linkshell that considers itself so elite that every member must be present for a "meeting" is not for me. It's a ludicrous waste of time to listen to something that might not even pertain to me. I've experienced this, and after the meeting I had wasted valuable game time as I had other plans, and I quit the linkshell shortly after. All members must simply be online at the time. Gathering any sum of players at Ru'lude Gardens to be heard is pompous and for nothing but the satisfaction of one's ego.

Lastly, there is far too much comparison to XI. The information regarding XIV is limited. With all the talk of XI endgamers, Sky, Sea, and all that 1337 nonsense, cannot be compared to XIV. I understand, XI is all we have to pull from at this point, nonetheless we know that XIV will not be using an experience points system, nor the same battle engine, which means every single last member of XIV will be entering the world as a newb. Your proficiency of XI will be utterly useless. The only worthy experiences in this case pertains to leadership skills and personal preference, both of whch Rapture provides where others fail. Rapture is working on an innovative structure that requires minimal effort or expectations of its members with the utmost productivity. I don't care how big or small Rapture ends up after the release of FFXIV. While smaller gulds are easier to 'manage', Rapture will strive to be self-managing with more resources.

I'm not trying to 'attack' anybody, but some of the ideas or mentalities in the posts reek of an underlying sarcasm, or unwarranted criticizm. I'm not one to be gracious of insults shrowded in niceities. I'm just telling it like it is. If you're looking for experienced elitist players, stick to XI. If you're looking for a place to get to know your fellow adventurers with limitless potential, you're more than welcome to join Rapture. Because unlike other linkshells we are devoted to the adventure of gameplay, the EXPERIENCE of something new. Not about the experience POINTS. There won't even BE exp points in XIV. So those of you who are stuck in that mentality should find something else to do...

Abraxas [365]

Originally posted by Gameslave

Lastly, there is far too much comparison to XI. The information regarding XIV is limited. With all the talk of XI endgamers, Sky, Sea, and all that 1337 nonsense, cannot be compared to XIV. I understand, XI is all we have to pull from at this point, nonetheless we know that XIV will not be using an experience points system, nor the same battle engine, which means every single last member of XIV will be entering the world as a newb. Your proficiency of XI will be utterly useless. The only worthy experiences in this case pertains to leadership skills and personal preference, both of whch Rapture provides where others fail. Rapture is working on an innovative structure that requires minimal effort or expectations of its members with the utmost productivity. I don't care how big or small Rapture ends up after the release of FFXIV. While smaller gulds are easier to 'manage', Rapture will strive to be self-managing with more resources.

There will be endgame raids/gear like all MMO's. There will be some sort of XP progression system. Thinking otherwise is foolish.  It may be dressed up in some fancy way but at the core you must have a way for character progression in an MMO.

Promote your guild/ls/clan all you like but anyone experianced with end-game PvE politics knows that massive guilds self implode When you dont need safety in numbers (PvP game)

• GameslaveGameslave Member Posts: 130

There WILL always be endgame raids and gear and linkshells, but "Experience Points" won't be in play, meaning there isn't likely to be "levels" either, and there's may be less definitive job classes. It just makes me wonder, that's all. If you can't / won't consider the posibility that they've found a new way to represent a character's strength and attributes then oh well. I on the other hand look for something new. With everyone complaining about XIV being a clone of other games I don't see much imagination. Just a whole lot of comparison. They're not talking about XIV, they're talking about an XI close with Manthra and athletic feats.

On a side note: If Square-Enix has any self respect they won't add male Mithra. It would be too easy to just change the character models, for both them as well as players. If you want a manthra folks, find the .dat file. It's not something Square-Enix is capable of tracking and completely harmless unless you go around blathering about it.

I've experienced endgame politics. It's the POLITICS I can't stomach. Being told what to do and how to play, and if you fail you don't get in the linkshell or you're kicked from it. I can't stand those players who make relic armor their life's aspiration. Those who are all about stats and numbers, kicking people out of parties because they have the wrong gear. My philosophy is that if you're not going to help them get better, you're only making the gaming experience worse. IT. IS. A. GAME. Someone posted a funny burn on wanting to jump and swim because you're not an all-star athlete in real life. It's the same thing with those linkshell owners and pearlsack wannabes. They need that authority because they sucketh at life.

Abraxas [365]

There WILL always be endgame raids and gear and linkshells, but "Experience Points" won't be in play, meaning there isn't likely to be "levels" either, and there's may be less definitive job classes. It just makes me wonder, that's all. If you can't / won't consider the posibility that they've found a new way to represent a character's strength and attributes then oh well. I on the other hand look for something new. With everyone complaining about XIV being a clone of other games I don't see much imagination. Just a whole lot of comparison. They're not talking about XIV, they're talking about an XI close with Manthra and athletic feats.
    And what are you basing this statement off of? From the Q&A? I personally dont think its safe to assume much of anything out of the norm. If you looking for something brand new in the way of character progression I think you will be let down. I personally THINK that a player will choose a weapon though using that weapon will gain skills/atributes based on weapons. For example If a person uses a sword/sheild then he will gain defensive and some offensive abilites and attributes. And somehow classes will factor into this. Of course this is all my speculation But their will be a type of progression system, and that is the exact same basic concept as an exp system 
    On a side note: If Square-Enix has any self respect they won't add male Mithra. It would be too easy to just change the character models, for both them as well as players. If you want a manthra folks, find the .dat file. It's not something Square-Enix is capable of tracking and completely harmless unless you go around blathering about it.
    I couldnt care less about the race squables as I only play humans/hume in MMO's
    I've experienced endgame politics. It's the POLITICS I can't stomach. Being told what to do and how to play, and if you fail you don't get in the linkshell or you're kicked from it. I can't stand those players who make relic armor their life's aspiration. Those who are all about stats and numbers, kicking people out of parties because they have the wrong gear. My philosophy is that if you're not going to help them get better, you're only making the gaming experience worse. IT. IS. A. GAME. Someone posted a funny burn on wanting to jump and swim because you're not an all-star athlete in real life. It's the same thing with those linkshell owners and pearlsack wannabes. They need that authority because they sucketh at life.
    Politics leads to structure and rules which a LS/guild needs. Yes sometimes it sucks but without it you get choas, MORE drama, MORE hatred etc.

So, just out of curiosity, and not trying to be rude, but have you ever heard of the word hypocrit?  Because you don't agree with the way these people play, your are making fun of them and disrespecting their opinions on how to play the game, much like they do to you when they kick you from a shell or party.  I'm not saying they are right or wrong, but you are trying to say thier actions are wrong, then you do the same to them.  So that just kinda discredits your post in my eyes.  Not everyone plays a game the same way you do, so if you are in a "shell" or w/e you want to call it with peole that do not have the same philosophys as you, leave and find a group that does.  You can't  force everyone to play the same way.