Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Breaking NDA

AbloecAbloec Member CommonPosts: 315

Ok so apparently in one of my posts, the moderators of these forums felt I had broke the NDA for the game and banned me temporarily for that post. Just to give you a hint on what the post was, it was when I mentioned something about a pic of MO, didn't post a pic, didnt post a link to a pic I just mentioned of a pic in the future. So fair warning to all who feel like posting anything refeering to beta be careful what you post because they seem trigger happy.

Edit : I also want to thank Michael Bitton for lifting the ban after I replied to them about the post.

Damnant quod non intellegunt

Comments

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Good to have you back, mate. And thanks for the warning.

I got an infraction myself as well a while back; a scar from a fierce battle with trolls over at the DF board.

*shows the [mmorpg.com] brand still clearly visible on his right buttock*

The pain lasts for a few days and your reputation stars never seem to fill up to the end of the fifth anymore, ...

*shakes his head and wipes away a tear*

But we have to wear them proudly!

What else can we do?

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by Abloec

Ok so apparently in one of my posts, the moderators of these forums felt I had broke the NDA for the game and banned me temporarily for that post. Just to give you a hint on what the post was, it was when I mentioned something about a pic of MO, didn't post a pic, didnt post a link to a pic I just mentioned of a pic in the future. So fair warning to all who feel like posting anything refeering to beta be careful what you post because they seem trigger happy.

Edit : I also want to thank Michael Bitton for lifting the ban after I replied to them about the post.

Doesn't matter. Most NDAs prohibit you from even mentioning you are IN the beta. You won't get any sympathy from me. You should, however, learn to read AND comprehend the entire NDA before agreeing to it. 

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357
    Originally posted by cfurlin

Doesn't matter. Most NDAs prohibit you from even mentioning you are IN the beta. You won't get any sympathy from me. You should, however, learn to read AND comprehend the entire NDA before agreeing to it. 

Agree with this 100%

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• EuphorykEuphoryk Member Posts: 450

Agreed, the responsibility is yours and yours alone to read the NDA in it's entirety prior to agreeing to it.

The mods were completely justified in issuing a supension.

• AbloecAbloec Member CommonPosts: 315

Never once actually announced I was in beta soo....

Also to be perfectly honest if they truly enforce that rule they are going to be banning a lot of people, anyone with a Block A sig or anything to that avail would be banned.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

Was the NDA from fallen earth lifted?

I know what he wrote in that post and it was a very mild break of the NDA, if any. I guess that is why he's back so soon.

But I do suppose he got reported by someone who didn't like to hear anything positive about the game.

edit: editted my post, can't be too sure

Originally posted by DarkPony

I got an infraction myself as well a while back; a scar from a fierce battle with trolls over at the DF board.
    The pain lasts for a few days and your reputation stars never seem to fill up to the end of the fifth anymore, ...
    What else can we do?

Thx DarkPony, and love the sig lol.

In my mind, as long as your smart about it you can bend a rule and get around it as long as its not blantant. The pic I was talking about I never exactly said where I got it and in turn never announced that I was in beta.

I know what he wrote in that post and he only promised to post a screen in the future after the NDA was lifted. He didn't describe what it was, only that he liked it. So, indeed, a very mild break of the NDA, if any. I guess that is why he's back so soon.
    But I do suppose he got reported by someone who didn't like to hear anything positive about the game.

There is no "mild" break of a legal agreement. Try telling that to a lawyer and watch them piss themselves laughing.

What else can we do?

Too bad we can't go full frontal in our sigs here, though :P

Originally posted by aleos

I don't know. Try looking at the information on their website. http://www.fallenearth.com

I know what he wrote in that post and he only promised to post a screen in the future after the NDA was lifted. He didn't describe what it was, only that he liked it. So, indeed, a very mild break of the NDA, if any. I guess that is why he's back so soon.

There is no "mild" break of a legal agreement. Try telling that to a lawyer and watch them piss themselves laughing.

So they did not lift the NDA from fallen earth?

Nope, but a judge might take it into account when he/she hands down the verdict. (Just like the mod did in Abloec's case).

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Not yet.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

How about you reply to me and throw what I said back at me. Love when the answer is staring you in the face and you avoid it because it makes your argument void.

What else can we do?

lol, im sorta curious how the MO forums are going to be upheld considering full frontal nudity is in the game. Wonder if you would be able to go full frontal on there =P

I don't know. Try looking at the information on their website. http://www.fallenearth.com

Well seeing how its not lifted ill just assume that your avatar is a screenshot from their website and not a direct violation photo taken in the beta.

What else can we do?

lol, im sorta curious how the MO forums are going to be upheld considering full frontal nudity is in the game. Wonder if you would be able to go full frontal on there =P

I think so; there is this silly date popup thingy where you have to lie when you are a minor to get past it. No idea how legally adult that makes a board, though. We should ask the experts here ;-)

How about you reply to me and throw what I said back at me. Love when the answer is staring you in the face and you avoid it because it makes your argument void.

How about you tell me WTF you're talking about?

*slams down hammer*

Order in the court!

Well seeing how its not lifted ill just assume that your avatar is a screenshot from their website and not a direct violation photo taken in the beta.

lol, damn. You seriously just got burned by Aleos. In a post that your telling people that they need to learn to comprehend an NDA and you get caught with your pants around your ankles. Nice catch Aleos, didn't even realise that it was from Fallen Earth maybe thats why it hasn't been taken care of yet.

This post here is what I'm talking about, please go find a post where I'm mentioning im in beta. Never once did I actually announce im in the beta. I never said where I got the pic that I was planning on posting only thing I said was after the NDA was lifted.

lol, damn. You seriously just got burned by Aleos. In a post that your telling people that they need to learn to comprehend an NDA and you get caught with your pants around your ankles. Nice catch Aleos, didn't even realise that it was from Fallen Earth maybe thats why it hasn't been taken care of yet.

I'm not in the FE beta, which means I never signed an NDA. The avatar is cropped from a larger image found while searching Google.

I'm not in the FE beta, which means I never signed an NDA. The avatar is cropped from a larger image found while searching Google.

Doesn't really matter, if the image is from the Fallen Earth beta released by someone without the authority to do so they have to right to make you take it off.

Doesn't really matter, if the image is from the Fallen Earth beta released by someone without the authority to do so they have to right to make you take it off.

Sure, if they ask, I'll take it off. But not before I demand that mmorpg.com remove all player submitted screenshots in the secreenshot section under Fallen Earth on this site.