Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can i download EQ without StationLauncher?

kidRiotkidRiot Member Posts: 209

Im an EQ vet.  I want to come back and enjoy some good times.  I tried to download EQ through the Stationpad Launcher, but it wont download it.  Any ideas?

Comments

• RaizeenRaizeen Member Posts: 622

have you tried downloading the trial then just login after with your real acc? thats how i got eq2 working with station launcher

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

You have to have an active account to download through the station launcher, and the launcher is the only place to download the whole game currently.  So most likely you are trying to download the game without an active subscription.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• RaizeenRaizeen Member Posts: 622
    Originally posted by Mardy

You have to have an active account to download through the station launcher, and the launcher is the only place to download the whole game currently.  So most likely you are trying to download the game without an active subscription.

i was able to download entire eq2 by dling the trial since soe always dls the entire game even if you dont have those expansions or not and you can do so by dling the trial

Originally posted by Raizeen 

i was able to download entire eq2 by dling the trial since soe always dls the entire game even if you dont have those expansions or not and you can do so by dling the trial

EQ2 may work differently, but the trial for EQ1 has its own zone.  So when you download EQ1 trial, you only get to download the files necessary to play in the trial zones.  They do not contain files for other zones, especially not expansion areas.

• NeanderthalNeanderthal Member RarePosts: 1,861

That sounds about right.  I once tried to download a free trial for EQ because I was bored and feeling nostalgic.  It was some time ago but here's what happened.  I got to the page with the FREE TRIAL stuff splashed all over it.  Clicked on the download thingy.  It told me only people with active subscriptions could download the free trial.  Huh?

Doesn't that kind of contradict the very concept of a free trial?  Not that anything SOE does can suprise me anymore.  It was probably for the best though, I'm sure it would have just depressed me to see how badly they've butchered the game.

Actually free trial doesn't require you to have an active subscription, I was talking about the OP trying to download the whole game, not the trial itself.

The trial you can download and setup an account for, without paying a dime.

• GorakkhGorakkh Member Posts: 694

You can also download it here :help.station.sony.com/cgi-bin/soe.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php

Also if you buy the SoD digital download, at the end of the billing process it will take you to a page to fully download EQ. No station launcher needed.

• kidRiotkidRiot Member Posts: 209
    Originally posted by NeverLand7

You can also download it here :help.station.sony.com/cgi-bin/soe.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php

Also if you buy the SoD digital download, at the end of the billing process it will take you to a page to fully download EQ. No station launcher needed.

Thanks a bunch, that was the kind of launcher I was looking for...

Cant believe im coming back to EQ, probably going on the Mayong (sp) server.  Last time I was in Norrath was the Combine server.  Will be a good time.  Probably will shed a tear when I hear that mystical music on load screen.

Well I decided to Digital Download SoD...But cant find the full download on any station page = (

Otherwise, 24 hours, and going up til EQ is done updating....Damn.

Originally posted by kidRiot

Well I decided to Digital Download SoD...But cant find the full download on any station page = (

Otherwise, 24 hours, and going up til EQ is done updating....Damn.

That's weird. I just bought the SoD digital download like less than a week ago and after finishing paying for it, it should take you to a page to download EQ. That download includes full EQ and every expansion. Or were you just trying to download SoD from somewhere? Because you have to pay for it to download SoD.

No i paid for it.  On the receipt screen, it said they will email me my receipt and I can digital download everquest with a link in my email, but theres no link.

Originally posted by kidRiot

No i paid for it.  On the receipt screen, it said they will email me my receipt and I can digital download everquest with a link in my email, but theres no link.

That's really strange. When the billing process was finished for me, it immeditialy loaded a page to download SoD. No link in email or anything, just took me to a page after the billing went through to download SoD.

You should try posting here : forums.station.sony.com/eq/forums/show.m The people there respond usually quite fast and will have  a solution for you most likely.

Yay!!!  Finally im back in Norrath!!!  So happy, so many memories....I love this game.