Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finished

2»

Comments

• tsuktstsukts Member Posts: 164

Faction change: As above

This is where, i wanna change my ally pally to horde:P

• KozomKozom Member Posts: 121

its good these posts happen since even thought they are useless for analysis on a personal level they do up to a degree define the community that will form in game. And from what i have seen so far..... 

• BettysAltBettysAlt Member Posts: 179

The original poster (remember its his/her $16 or whatever per month) stated some facts as he saw them regarding the game, sluggish, etc. He then followed by an opinion; will draw certain types of players away from that W-- game.

Honestly, it wasn't that harsh an opinion, whether one agrees or disagrees. I can't tell you how many times over the years I have cancelled subs to games to take breaks. In w-- alone I must have to this point taken 5-6 long breaks. What I find disturbing, is that once a post, usually by 2nd or 3rd reply, become a flame the poster thread, nothing much about game mechanics or content is said.

No one lives or dies, or has their credit score lowered or raised, or is more or less intelligent because they don't play or like a certain game. I don't really care if there is a wow (oops I used the "W" word) killer, or if any game, including Aion lives or dies. It's $40 or so bucks to me, and whatever monthly fee I choose to pay, for as long as I want to. Doesn't matter to me why or not someone plays any game.

But it is informative when I read concrete analysis, or about bugs or about bots. It helps me keep my virtual eyes open. Its entertainment to me, nothing more. I respect peoples right (or ability as given by web sites) to state their opinions. I do not however, have to respect the opinion itself.

• thafireballthafireball Member Posts: 200
    Originally posted by Vagrant_Zero

Originally posted by SaetiaBelle

i am glad to hear that at least 1 casual wow player is giving aion a miss. casual wow players ruined wow so i don't want them to come and ruin aion too.

Yes clearly it's the players that ruin games. Players...who have absolutely no control over content, game direction, design philosophy...the players did it all.

Personally, I'm glad people like you are giving Aion a try. It keeps you out of my games.

Players don't necessarily have to have any control over content or any of the other things you pointed out.  When you have 300,000 people on a server and say...150k on one side and 150k on the other and out of that 300k total 50% or more are complete douche bags and talk like "||/| $0 |-|/-x0rz 1337 sauce pwn ur face nub factory" then yes they can ruin a game.  When you take the kids who speak like that and think that they are the most bad ass thing to hit the earth because they killed Boss_001_HardMode_Ultratough then thats when it becomes a problem and noone wants to play with people like that.  Great you killed a boss but we don't want to hear about it and how bad ass haxxor you are at the game. 

Also...another fine example of kids and the way they act these days is the kid who's suing SOE because he was banned. These people think they can get away with anything.  Online anonymity ruins games for a lot of people because you have that part of the population that think since they are online nothing bad can happen to them so they will say and do anything without thinking about the consequences of their actions.  Most...*not all* but most of those people would not talk to you the same way if they were standing in front of you and they wouldn't act so bold and bad ass because when they start calling you nub and talking about your mom in front of you more than likely they are gonna get a face full of fist, and they know that but they don't have to worry about it online. 

I say with everyone who creates a character they should have to insert their address, phone number, and real name so that everyone has the option of looking at it through the game UI.  This would cut down on douche tools and ass holes.

-Thafireball

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931
    Originally posted by twrule

...Okay?
    Don't mean to be rude, I respect your opinion and all, but why create a whole thread with just that lol.  If you aren't trying to be a troll, people will call you one >.>.
    I'll humor you though;  Honestly, I kind of hope it doesn't pull in the casual WoW player.  The community in WoW is god awful, and this game has the potential to have a very good one.  I personally didn't focus on the slow leveling, and rather enjoyed myself and did the leveling as an aside to socializing.  I like the fact that leveling is just hard enough to encourage grouping.  That tends to make it more fun in the long run and improve the community.  To each his own though, I won't say it's for everyone.
    Personally, I haven't been able to make myself log on to WoW, and I still have a month left on my sub =/.

Please.. what MMO has a wonderful community?  And by that I am guessing all you mean is trade chat. Because thats the only place I have ever seen it bad. But just like ANY mmo there is always someone saying, doing something. LOL Or like Aion beta some of the names.. let me guess its the WOW fans.. lmao

No its like WOW is the ONLY MMO. There is no other out there. Dont make it like wow, no wow kids blah blah blah. Like LOTRO, War, AoC, EQ2 blah blah. No WOW just has more players.

AION do you know who many KIDS are going to play that? I read a few posts just in beta alone how they let there KIDS play. Why? Because its EASY.. You have a game (AION) that is easier than WOW has all signs of a "FREE2PLAY", Yes the GRIND will turn away alot of people but that does not make it HARDCORE. Now if you do a little searching.. NCSoft is working on makeing the GRIND after level 30 EASIER!. Agian READ the beta chat.. alot were talking how EASY it is. I

One starting area that BOTH sides seem so much alike.. all the way up. Now ALL the people playing Aion in KOR, China are NOT WOW players. So anything, changes that happen are THERE fault.. Aions fault for listening to there players. How people TWIST that into.. its the WOW players.. OH and thats YOU TW!.. yep your one of those WOW players.. just because you have not played in months.. its YOU to.. sorry.

All I am saying is stop the kiddish crap and saying ooh its WOWS fault. They seem to think AION (NCSOFT) is in it for the PLAYERS! No its NCSOFT fault. They want to make MILLIONS and wont care if you like it or blame it on WOW.. they are in it for the MONEY!

• NeosaiNeosai Member Posts: 401
    Originally posted by Kozom

its good these posts happen since even thought they are useless for analysis on a personal level they do up to a degree define the community that will form in game. And from what i have seen so far..... 

... so good.

Hey, you were asking for it. *shrug*

• sa1yamansa1yaman Member Posts: 272

In other news, we have reports that new MMO Aion is NOT liked by all MMO players.

Watch film at 11 for more details.

• Zack102Zack102 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Originally posted by Zeblade

Originally posted by twrule

...Okay?
    Don't mean to be rude, I respect your opinion and all, but why create a whole thread with just that lol.  If you aren't trying to be a troll, people will call you one >.>.
    I'll humor you though;  Honestly, I kind of hope it doesn't pull in the casual WoW player.  The community in WoW is god awful, and this game has the potential to have a very good one.  I personally didn't focus on the slow leveling, and rather enjoyed myself and did the leveling as an aside to socializing.  I like the fact that leveling is just hard enough to encourage grouping.  That tends to make it more fun in the long run and improve the community.  To each his own though, I won't say it's for everyone.
    Personally, I haven't been able to make myself log on to WoW, and I still have a month left on my sub =/.

Please.. what MMO has a wonderful community?  And by that I am guessing all you mean is trade chat. Because thats the only place I have ever seen it bad. But just like ANY mmo there is always someone saying, doing something. LOL Or like Aion beta some of the names.. let me guess its the WOW fans.. lmao

No its like WOW is the ONLY MMO. There is no other out there. Dont make it like wow, no wow kids blah blah blah. Like LOTRO, War, AoC, EQ2 blah blah. No WOW just has more players.

AION do you know who many KIDS are going to play that? I read a few posts just in beta alone how they let there KIDS play. Why? Because its EASY.. You have a game (AION) that is easier than WOW has all signs of a "FREE2PLAY", Yes the GRIND will turn away alot of people but that does not make it HARDCORE. Now if you do a little searching.. NCSoft is working on makeing the GRIND after level 30 EASIER!. Agian READ the beta chat.. alot were talking how EASY it is. I

One starting area that BOTH sides seem so much alike.. all the way up. Now ALL the people playing Aion in KOR, China are NOT WOW players. So anything, changes that happen are THERE fault.. Aions fault for listening to there players. How people TWIST that into.. its the WOW players.. OH and thats YOU TW!.. yep your one of those WOW players.. just because you have not played in months.. its YOU to.. sorry.

All I am saying is stop the kiddish crap and saying ooh its WOWS fault. They seem to think AION (NCSOFT) is in it for the PLAYERS! No its NCSOFT fault. They want to make MILLIONS and wont care if you like it or blame it on WOW.. they are in it for the MONEY!

Did you read the posts on hear at all? Dont be mad becuase people dont like your precious WoW for w/e reason it may be for. The community in WoW(in my opinion) does suck. If you dont comform to w/e the fad is at the time your exiled in game and flammed on forums. Before you start bashing the Aion community try taking a real look at both WoW's and Aions and just see who is actually worse.

No one was blaming WoW for what was happening in Aion, so i dont know where you got that from?

And your complaining about being childish about this and your ranting like an angry 12 year old.

Ncsoft is only in it for the money? I dont remember Blizzard being a none profit game company?

• aionixaionix Member UncommonPosts: 288

Why do people care so much what the community is like as a whole of a game?  You will ALWAYS find nice people and dicks in all types of games, not just MMO's.  That's why you try to find people like yourself and join up with them (join a guild), and interact with the others when you need to.  This is essential for MMO's since it is a social-online game.  If you don't find any friends in game, you will NOT like this game, or many MMO's for that matter.

Don't let a few asshats ruin a game you like.  Ignore them and play with a nicer group of people.  But if you don't like the game such as the OP, then don't worry about leaving the game either, its your choice.

And yes 1.5 does add a lot of content for questing so your more quest-grinding rather than mob-grinding (not much a difference, but enough to make me forget the grind), but if the OP is already not liking what he sees from 1-25, well then maybe this just isn't the game for him/her.

OP, if you like PvP a lot, please give this game at least a month.  The fun really does start 25+ with the Abyss.

• whozthisguywhozthisguy Member UncommonPosts: 186
    Originally posted by Jaklax

I was hyped and pre-ordered the game 'n blah blah.. but after first 2 beta weekends, i found myself not wanting to even log on to Aion.
    It was mainly due to the feeling of slowness and boring grind, which makes my stomach turn. So, i'll be canceling my pre-order.. the hardcore fans will like it, but it won't convert the casual wow player

Sorry that u don't like Aion. no biggy

but haha, its "stomach Chrun", not stomach turn. hah ya. since schooling seems to be failing at teaching the general public...atleast you held back on the double negatives.

• DrakossiDrakossi Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by whozthisguy

I was hyped and pre-ordered the game 'n blah blah.. but after first 2 beta weekends, i found myself not wanting to even log on to Aion.
    It was mainly due to the feeling of slowness and boring grind, which makes my stomach turn. So, i'll be canceling my pre-order.. the hardcore fans will like it, but it won't convert the casual wow player

but haha, its "stomach Chrun", not stomach turn. hah ya. since schooling seems to be failing at teaching the general public...atleast you held back on the double negatives.

Wow your smart.

• HadreynnHadreynn Member Posts: 112

Fail.

• whozthisguywhozthisguy Member UncommonPosts: 186

g-wiz, thanks mister!

i even spelt churn wrong and no1 noticed.

• DrakossiDrakossi Member Posts: 5

g-wiz, thanks mister!
    i even spelt churn wrong and no1 noticed.

Trolls make my stomach turn, they really churn my butter. 

• JaklaxJaklax Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by Neosai

Most players don't want to enjoy the ride these days.  It is rather sad.
    I just canceled subscription to WoW like 5 minutes ago.  I been thinking about quitting for a while, but the WoW flamer was the straw that broke the camel's back.
    WoW was rather fast for me too, and the raid got old since once the strategy is set, there are only small changes on the instances.  I played FFXI and WoW simultaneously for years, was planning on juggling Aion too, but since I quit.  I got an open slot for another full time MMORPG now.
    Now that I think about it, maybe juggling 3 games was not smart to begin with, but hey it worked out in the end.
    Aion's grind is nothing compare to older asian MMORPG that never made global.  Grinding is sometimes part of the fun.

P.S  Don't bother flame this replay either, I reply and I leave.  This my new anti-flame strategy..

We would like to "enjoy" the ride, if it was enjoyable and not collect X kill monster..read some "epic story text" 'n repeat. No way in hell can i force myself to enjoy that.

• crusher143crusher143 Member UncommonPosts: 198
    Originally posted by Vagrant_Zero

Originally posted by SaetiaBelle

i am glad to hear that at least 1 casual wow player is giving aion a miss. casual wow players ruined wow so i don't want them to come and ruin aion too.

Yes clearly it's the players that ruin games. Players...who have absolutely no control over content, game direction, design philosophy...the players did it all.

Personally, I'm glad people like you are giving Aion a try. It keeps you out of my games.

I hear sarcasm here ^^, but you´re not really right with what you are saying. To a degree players ruin their games themselves and not only the devs of the game.

For example let´s take D2, ppl bot bot bot ... Blizzard act and now you just can join 20 games every hour, if you join more you get a temp ban (now for a legit player who like Meph / Pindle runs, it´s really shit). Thats 1 example, it wouldn´t be there if ppls wouldnt abuse cheats. There are MANY more examples but I´am to lazy to list them now all, but if you are not stupid you can think yourself of more examples in games.