Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures: AoC Re-Review

13»

Comments

• LizanteLizante Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by lmzz

3rd review for AoC on this site, 2nd re-review. Kinda silly if you ask me, how many chances should a game get?

Also, this review is fairly basic, it's more of a preview than anything. Combat is great but very imbalanced between casters and melee, fantastic engine if you have a computer that can handle it and great music BUT there are still very heavy flaws in the game and the first and most obivous one is purpose.
    The only thing you can do is grind PvP points til you hit PvP level 5 or raid the broken and unfinished raids and that's it. There are no natural meeting places (rush around to buy stuff, move on), no events (Paradigm owns the license and won't let anyone make any changes to it, which GM/dev events are considered), it's HEAVILY instanced with a disjointed world.
    Now don't get me wrong, the fast paced combat (although slower after last patch) and not having to target is pure bliss. I prefer playing it just for that over any other mmo.
    Tbh, Funcom should sell the game and engine to a company who knows what they're doing, it's a great engine. To bad about the execution.

While everything you say is true, I applaud MMORPG.com  for not giving up on AoC.

I also applaud FunCom for selecting Craig Morrison and for giving Mr. Morrison and his Team all the leeway and all the time they need to make AoC the ourtstanding MMO it deserves to be.

What's sad is this game is now (today) where it *should* have been when it was released over a year ago.  If we think about AoC from that point of view, and we can get past serving whine with our cheese about that dick-stepping and  blaming Gaute (picture a burro with blinders and you get the idea) and FunCom for all the bad decisions (I was there from early closed beta on) along with a premature launch that made Anarchy On Line  seem seamless, I think we get the idea here...

Not to belabor the point -- nice job on an objective re-look at what AoC has become; what  "could have been" and what arguably "will be" an outstanding, innovative, exceptional MMO.