Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And they wonder why people mock them....birth certificate theory still alive.

SabiancymSabiancym Member UncommonPosts: 3,150

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V1nmn2zRMc

Some crazy lady goes on a tirade about how Obama isn't a citizen.  Ok cool, another crazy person.  That's fine, but then damn near the entire hall starts supporting her.  They break into an overly-patriotic whine fest about how Obama is fooling everyone into believing he is American.  She goes as far to say that she is a real American and that her grandfather fought in WWII.  Which is ironic considering Obama's grandfather also fought in WWII.

They get so hung up on the subject that they just can't seem to get through it without saying the Pledge of Allegience before continuing.

These people are complete lunatics.  What does he have to do, go door to door with the supreme court behind him holding his birth certificate and every other form of I.D.?

www.factcheck.org has gone over this many many times.  They concluded that everything checked out.  They even went as far to find this articile in a local newspaper announcing his birth.

Seriously, why do so many people believe this?  

Comments

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Possible replies you'll get from the "birthers":

1) "Obama's parents knew one day he was going to be president, so they snuck that in the Hawaii newspaper over four decades ago as "weak proof" that he was a United States citizen."

2) "Factcheck.org is a liberal rag. They hire liberal people to fact check liberal facts and spew it on their liberal site so liberals can regurgitate it liberally."

3) "He's not a citizen because he won't hold a press conference, come out and show everyone his birth certificate like every other President of the United States has done before him while in office to prove it."

4) "Hawaii doesn't count as a state because it's not connected by land to the rest of the United States, so technically he's not president even if it is true."

5) "Fox News proved beyond the shadow of a doubt whatever is said or shown to prove he's a citizen is a lie, and they have proof of it they'll release at a later date."

6) "The real veterans who fought WW2 sacrificed their blood, sweat and tears for this great country of ours and its freedoms, and they were my grandfather and great uncle and great granma and they're turning over in his grave right now after their sacrifice to this great nation as a patriot and lover of freedom and defeater of evil and your "facts" can't take away from the liberty and justice and .... let's all stand up and say the Pledge of Allegiance right now!"

7) "He's a muslim and muslims aren't born in Hawaii."

• SabiancymSabiancym Member UncommonPosts: 3,150

LoL

#7 is my favorite.

• declaredemerdeclaredemer Member Posts: 2,698
    Originally posted by popinjay

5) "Fox News proved beyond the shadow of a doubt whatever is said or shown to prove he's a citizen is a lie, and they have proof of it they'll release at a later date."

Yes.  And its Orwellian "fair and balance" coverage.

Related to the "beer" post, perhaps, is those who offer you wines because of "fancy names."  They're plonk, but their fancy names is all that casual consumer hears.

Similar to "fair and balance."  Or "death tax." In a dumbed-down democracy, people are especially susceptible to bull shit, whether on health care or taxes or birth certificates.

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Lol would it reall be that hard to realese the darn thing and prove it?

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

Originally posted by Ekibiogami

He has.  That's kinda the point of this post.

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

I'm sure the fact that he has a birth certificate proves that the government has our best interests in mind, wasn't involved in the financial crisis and did not spend millions of dollars to get your new president elected. I'm also sure they don't cover up some of his past as a drug addict. Those things never happened, because your government loves you.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

Originally posted by //\//\oo

I'm also sure they don't cover up some of his past as a drug addict.

Barack Obama, asked about drug history, admits he inhaled New York Times, October 24, 2006

PHOENIX, Arizona — Senator Barack Obama, the Illinois Democrat who said Sunday that he was considering running for president in 2008, has created a little sunlight between himself and both Bill and Hillary Rodham Clinton.

For one thing, he said, "When I was a kid, I inhaled."

"That was the point," Obama told an audience of magazine editors.

The direct admission was in contrast to Bill Clinton's denial in his 1992 campaign for president that he had smoked marijuana.

Originally posted by Sabiancym

Lol you do realise that your video had nothing to do with that right? and it proved nothing.

Factcheck Did say that as well as several Other sites that I had to Hunt to find.

So I will agree that they are nuts. But if Obama wanted to nip this in the but he shoulda gone about it in a better way LONG ago.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• FaxxerFaxxer Member Posts: 3,247

Question:

in 1982, Obama supposedly went to Pakistan.  But he could not have used a US passport then because Pakistan was on the CIA's no travel list at that time.

So what passport did he use?

This was one I read on a blog that nobody could answer.

Also a retired General joined the lawsuit regarding him providing the ten dollar document as well.

• sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

Lol you do realise that your video had nothing to do with that right? and it proved nothing.

Factcheck Did say that as well as several Other sites that I had to Hunt to find.

So I will agree that they are nuts. But if Obama wanted to nip this in the but he shoulda gone about it in a better way LONG ago.

He DID, what part of that don't you understand? When is a LONG time ago? He released a copy of his birth certificate before he accepted the presidential nomination or somewhere around that time. It's not his fault some loons decided it was fake, and to this day refute all possible evidence of the contrary.

There's no grey areas or half-assing about it. We have more documentation and year to year accounts of Obama's life than most other politicians out there. It's ridiculous how freaking crazy some right-wingers are in this country.

Originally posted by Faxxer

Question:
    in 1982, Obama supposedly went to Pakistan.  But he could not have used a US passport then because Pakistan was on the CIA's no travel list at that time.
    So what passport did he use?

This was one I read on a blog that nobody could answer.

Also a retired General joined the lawsuit regarding him providing the ten dollar document as well.

There was no travel ban, as evidenced by the State Department: http://dosfan.lib.uic.edu/ERC/travel/cis/southasia/TA_Pakistan1981.pdf

So why should anyone bother arguing with a person not at all interested in the facts first and foremost? The premise is as looney as the conclusion "birthers"attempt to come up with.

• SlytheSlythe Member UncommonPosts: 952
    Originally posted by sepher 
    There was no travel ban, as evidenced by the State Department: http://dosfan.lib.uic.edu/ERC/travel/cis/southasia/TA_Pakistan1981.pdf
    So why should anyone bother arguing with a person not at all interested in the facts first and foremost? The premise is as looney as the conclusion "birthers"attempt to come up with.

And to top it all off, that Mjor General that Faxxer brought up is a total whackjob. He labeled Obama as being in the same league as Hitler, Mao, Stalin and Saddam. And you can even read posts by soldiers who served under him and said he was "not playing with a full deck." Search google for it, you will find a bunch.

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767
    Originally posted by popinjay ad smoked marijuana.
    I'm also sure they don't cover up some of his past as a drug addict.

Barack Obama, asked about drug history, admits he inhaled New York Times, October 24, 2006

Nice try. Too bad he did cocaine too.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

He DID, what part of that don't you understand? When is a LONG time ago? He released a copy of his birth certificate before he accepted the presidential nomination or somewhere around that time. It's not his fault some loons decided it was fake, and to this day refute all possible evidence of the contrary.

There's no grey areas or half-assing about it. We have more documentation and year to year accounts of Obama's life than most other politicians out there. It's ridiculous how freaking crazy some Left-wingers are in this country.

Fixed.

—Samuel Adams

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306

Nice try. Too bad he did cocaine too.

Damn, the cats out of the bag. I guess he should find a better place to hide his secrets than in his best-selling memoirs.

There's no grey areas or half-assing about it. We have more documentation and year to year accounts of Obama's life than most other politicians out there. It's ridiculous how freaking crazy some Left-wingers are in this country.

Fixed.

Because liberals and progressives in this country compose the vast majority of the "birthers" out there. Yeah, you fixed it from a right-wing perspective, the nutty sect anyway. A complete pushing aside of reality.

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

and, to top the whole thing off, Obama was not "natural" born.

His mother had a C section........

Fixed.

Because liberals and progressives in this country compose the vast majority of the "birthers" out there. Yeah, you fixed it from a right-wing perspective, the nutty sect anyway. A complete pushing aside of reality.

Gallop Poll

Say What?

—Samuel Adams

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

I don't know whats worse.. leftists believing 9/11 was an inside job or right wingers believing Obama isn't a U.S citizen

hmmm

Originally posted by Precusor

I don't know whats worse.. leftists believing 9/11 was an inside job or right wingers believing Obama isn't a U.S citizen
    hmmm

Can we kick them both out and call it a day?

Originally posted by DailyBuzz

Damn, the cats out of the bag. I guess he should find a better place to hide his secrets than in his best-selling memoirs.

Lol, between the birthers and the "he's a drug addict" people, I'm amazed how these people are simply able to get through a day without accidentally killing themselves somehow because logical or cognitive thinking clearly isn't their strong suit.

"Hmm... I know this traffic light looks red, but it's not REALLY red because Obama put some of his friends in the Transportation Department. The liberals just want me to THINK its red when it's actually green, but I can see right through that. So, if I just go through the light while it's red..." lol

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by Precusor

hmmm

Can we kick them both out and call it a day?

Or switch it for fun. All the leftists who believe 9-11 was an inside job are not really US citizens and Obama was behind 9-11. Yeah, that sounds good.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Hah now Liz Cheney is speaking about this. I swear she was going to throw a few robble robble 9/11, robble robble terrorist attacks on the US like her dad does. They keep this up a few more years and Obama will slide straight into a 2cd term.

rawstory.com/08/news/2009/07/22/liz-cheney-speaks-out-in-defense-of-birther-movement/

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

Originally posted by Briansho

Hah now Liz Cheney is speaking about this. I swear she was going to throw a few robble robble 9/11, robble robble terrorist attacks on the US like her dad does. They keep this up a few more years and Obama will slide straight into a 2cd term.
    rawstory.com/08/news/2009/07/22/liz-cheney-speaks-out-in-defense-of-birther-movement/

She never says that Obama is a citizen.  She knows he is 100% legit, but won't say it because she knows a good percentage of people on the right who support her are these morons who believe in this conspiracy theory.

Good news is, everyone sees it, and it makes being elected as a liberal a lot easier.

Fixed.

Gallop Poll

Say What?

Who said anything about conservatives? And aren't we talking about the crazies who believe Obama isn't a natural born citizen? Relevance is just as irrelevant as facts when it comes to that argument though, eh?

This discussion has been closed.