Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS2 CDs , Could i borrow yours?

BellarionBellarion Member Posts: 244

Hello,

My friend would like to get into the game. We have decided to puchase the Vana'Diel collection Xbox version for registration keys, however to get it onto our PS3(backwards compatible) we need the PS2 discs. I only need the CDs for the software.

Does there happen to be someone here in Canada, who would be interested in lending( or giving me if you are no longer playing) me the CD's? If shipping is an issue, and it makes sense it would be, we can talk about that. I live in Ontario.

Alternatively, if someone is willing to burn the CDs somehow for me(if this is possible) that would be extremely appreciated.

Its crazy, SE stops making the 2008 Vanadiel collection for PS2 and people think they can charge outrageous prices for it online.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help us out. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

WOOT
www.eorzeapedia.com
(Great FF14 source)

Comments

• d00fbysanchod00fbysancho Member Posts: 219

I don't think they sell them on ps2 anymore in America but try amazon or buy it for pc if he has it or xbox360 doesn;t matter what you  use but i rather play mmo onpc with my controler

• BellarionBellarion Member Posts: 244

They dont make the PS2 aymore at all. :(

WOOT
    www.eorzeapedia.com
    (Great FF14 source)

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Bellarion

They dont make the PS2 aymore at all. :(

That's because the newer slim PS2's can't run it ( no harddrive ).

About the only thing to do would be amazon.com or maybe Craigslist if there's one for your local area.

• BlueCadwalBlueCadwal Member Posts: 170

I dunno what you're talking about "expensive".  I just went to Google and my 3rd link was this:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=77336624&utm_source=ChannelIntelligence&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=Google&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=PSX107422&promoCode=GOOGLE

Under $20 for FFXI on the PS2.  Vana'Diel Collection 2008.

Let it be known that I hate WoW with a passion and will defend almost any MMORPG against it.
    Current: FFXI (PC/360)
    Want: FFXIV, Stargate Worlds, Star Trek Online
    Past: AC, AoC, AO, Atlantica Online, CoH/V, DAoC, Dungeon Runners, D&DO, EVE, Everquest I+II, FlyFF, GW (all), Lineage 2, LOTRO, Mabinogi, Maplestory, PSO (DC/Xbox/PC), PSU (PC/360), PlanetSide, RO, Shadowbane, SWG (Pre-NGE), SotNW, TR, UO, Warhammer Online, WoW, WWIIO

I saw that link ages ago, if you try to follow through with the purchase, it is out of stock.

WOOT
    www.eorzeapedia.com
    (Great FF14 source)

• BlueCadwalBlueCadwal Member Posts: 170

I don't think anyone will be able to help then.  NA has so few players compared to Japan and I think most people simply play it on the PC, which is so much easier to obtain a downloadable version for.

Let it be known that I hate WoW with a passion and will defend almost any MMORPG against it.
    Current: FFXI (PC/360)
    Want: FFXIV, Stargate Worlds, Star Trek Online
    Past: AC, AoC, AO, Atlantica Online, CoH/V, DAoC, Dungeon Runners, D&DO, EVE, Everquest I+II, FlyFF, GW (all), Lineage 2, LOTRO, Mabinogi, Maplestory, PSO (DC/Xbox/PC), PSU (PC/360), PlanetSide, RO, Shadowbane, SWG (Pre-NGE), SotNW, TR, UO, Warhammer Online, WoW, WWIIO

Unfortunaely, that is the conclusion I have come to. So I am going to stop playing FF11 and my friend and I will wait for 14.

WOOT
    www.eorzeapedia.com
    (Great FF14 source)

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Does it have to be on the ps2? Do you have a 360, You can still buy the game for that.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

I have a laptop with the game on it that I was using. And I recenty purchased PS3 backwards compatible specifically so my friend could play with me... I defintely did not think finding PS2 CDs would be so difficult. And people try to rip u  off for them online... rediculous... If I had xbx 360 I'd have bought the game for it for 20 bucks off amazon.ca. Playing an online game on xbox costs money on top of the fees involved in getting FFXI and playing, ultimately its not worth it to purchase an xbox 360 and everything else... so we can play for a few months. SE could have kept FF11 in production for PS2 with the backwards compatible PS3s out there... but they didn't .  So I decided to quit playing. We'll wait for 14.

WOOT
    www.eorzeapedia.com
    (Great FF14 source)

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

You can use a silver account which is free to play XI on. It doesn't cost extra.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil