Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official Release Date for Fallen Earth announced

13»

Comments

• bobbyjrbobbyjr Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by Khalathwyr

Originally posted by Nagalium

From what i've seen from it Fallen Earth will be the next mmorpg that fails, a minor comfort for the developers might be that they arent alone with releasing their game too early. They can cuddle up with funcom, mythic, SoE and adventurine for example.
    Dont they loose more money by releasing it too early then invest more time into the game so the game can stand a chance on the market? Especially now when a couple of other mmo's is scheduled to release at the same time give or take a month or two... If the game isnt polished and got enough content they will just loose all their credibility they got. Too bad tbh think they have some nice idea's but won't buy a copy at release perhaps 6-12 months after if they got a healthy pop.

If the game is still running 6-12 months after launch with a healthy population, then it hasn't "failed". Sometimes I think a bunch of you just like to hear the "sound" of your own voices slapping around terms like "fail" without having any realistic knowledge of the meaning of the word.

AC2. Fail. Tabula Rasa. Fail. Matrix Online. Fail.

If a game is still running and making money for a company then it hasn't "failed". If you (using "you" in the general sense here) say "fail" based on a comparison of some mythical subscription number more than likely comparing it to WoW, then it shows you have no idea of what success is. If the company is making money and the players enjoy the game, it's a success. Games don't need to win the high school popularity contest to be a success.

You havent even been in beta to see it's "release state" have you?  and if you have you must have had your eyes closed, fingers in ears singing lalalalal.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

And a game releasing so close to Win 7's release date has no Win 7 support

ROFLCOPTERS

WTFG

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039
    Originally posted by Wharg0ul

Originally posted by Dalmont

The game works.
    The game runs well on reasonable machines.
    The game play is fun - and has even more potential.
    Its not a AoC because it hasn't promised anything its not going to deliver. 
    Its not WAR as its not promised anything and then found it doesn't work (fortress/city taking).
    It doesn't seem badly run or unbalanced like DF.
    It has lived up to its promises.
    And yep, it would have been nice for it to be in development for another few months or a year, but then thats EVERY beta I've been in.
    The game deserves a launch and as long as it gets enough subscribers to survive (which I will be one) then I can see this being a very very enjoyable niche game that will fight for my wow raiding time.

I really....REALLY wish I could explain in oh-so-colorful terms just how full of BULLSHIT this is. So I'll just reserve this space for when the NDA drops.

Or when some miracle changes my mind....which ever comes first.

Ill join you.

• NagaliumNagalium Member Posts: 26

From what i've seen from it Fallen Earth will be the next mmorpg that fails, a minor comfort for the developers might be that they arent alone with releasing their game too early. They can cuddle up with funcom, mythic, SoE and adventurine for example.
    Dont they loose more money by releasing it too early then invest more time into the game so the game can stand a chance on the market? Especially now when a couple of other mmo's is scheduled to release at the same time give or take a month or two... If the game isnt polished and got enough content they will just loose all their credibility they got. Too bad tbh think they have some nice idea's but won't buy a copy at release perhaps 6-12 months after if they got a healthy pop.

If the game is still running 6-12 months after launch with a healthy population, then it hasn't "failed". Sometimes I think a bunch of you just like to hear the "sound" of your own voices slapping around terms like "fail" without having any realistic knowledge of the meaning of the word.
    If a game is still running and making money for a company then it hasn't "failed". If you (using "you" in the general sense here) say "fail" based on a comparison of some mythical subscription number more than likely comparing it to WoW, then it shows you have no idea of what success is. If the company is making money and the players enjoy the game, it's a success. Games don't need to win the high school popularity contest to be a success.

Well that's why i said i'll play in 6-12 if has it healthy pop because then i would know its not failed and they managed to fix the issues. Think before you write next time perhaps? Oh you can still fail even tho youre making money on the game, if the developers dont reach the goals they've setup its failure for them. An example is mythic and warhammer, before release they stated that if they wouldnt add more servers 6 months after release we are in trouble as Mark Jacobs put it.

• FreddyNoNoseFreddyNoNose Member Posts: 1,558

I don't agree with you very often but this is pretty much dead on in my book.

• dradrulesdradrules Member UncommonPosts: 93

if anyone that has a beta key for this game and doesnt like it mind sending me the info so i can try.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I seriously dont get why people say this game will fail, there not making a mainstream MMo here, there catering to the people that are sick of the whole fantasy setting. Gamers are confused people, they lurk around forums looking for something different and when a dev finally makes it they always have something to complain about, either its graphics, animations, gameplay or whatever. You have to remember this isnt blizzard or EA that can hire a million people to make one  game but an indie studio thats doing there best, just like darkfall this isnt a game for everyone. If your sick of fantasy try the game and if you like it play it no need to be judgemental.

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133
    Originally posted by Gabby-air

I seriously dont get why people say this game will fail, there not making a mainstream MMo here, there catering to the people that are sick of the whole fantasy setting. Gamers are confused people, they lurk around forums looking for something different and when a dev finally makes it they always have something to complain about, either its graphics, animations, gameplay or whatever. You have to remember this isnt blizzard or EA that can hire a million people to make one  game but an indie studio thats doing there best, just like darkfall this isnt a game for everyone. If your sick of fantasy try the game and if you like it play it no need to be judgemental.

They are mentally incapable of leaving the popularity contest/society social mechanics of middle school/pre-teen years behind them and grasping the idea/concept that if a product brings in a profit after all business expenses are paid then it is a success. No, it's much easier for their challenged minds to 1) make a comparison to WoW subscription numbers and 2) determine that it won't reach those or even half of it and 3) label it a failure. Then they strut around and proclaim themselves the gaming Nostradamus and feel real good about themselves.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez