Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Player Help!

kikinchazkikinchaz Member UncommonPosts: 562

Today when picking up EVE I spotted DOAC with Shrouded Isles and Trials of Atlantis for £3 so decided to pick it up. However I realise theres a ton of expansions, and also the EU/US versions.

Can anyone tell me what I'd do to get the other expansions / are they worth it?

Also whats the best idea for servers. E.g should I play on US servers and if so how would I do that? Or are the EU servers still reasonable? Thanks in advance

Comments

• HellsenHellsen Member Posts: 15

Hey,

I believe you are british as you paid pounds for the game, right? In this game I would recommend you to start playing on an US server, i. e. on the Devon cluster or soon to be Ywain. The European super cluster with highest population still has a bunch of people online, but they are mostly German-speaking.

I am also from Europe and play in the US and I am having a blast. Just recently started playing DAOC and I have to say this game really rocks. I wish I had already started when the game released.

Anyway, as you bought the European version of the game you cannot access the US servers with it. I recommend you download the 14 day trial from darkageofcamelot.com and download the free expansion catacomby as well. You basically get the game plus SI,TOA and Catacombs for free and if you decide to subscribe you only need to pay the subscription.

I am playing Midgard (Devon cluster) and my name is Nylse-Kay. So, if you decide to start playing in the US, let me know ingame.

cheers

• kikinchazkikinchaz Member UncommonPosts: 562

Thanks alot I appreciate the response :) I'm going to look into this. May sell my copy on Ebay and try the US trial.