Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to enchant items ?

i still  play  wow , and now i want to enchant my items , but i don't know how  . 

is there any  suggestion?

Comments

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

Enchanters sell enchants on the aution house.  Or you can ask in trade chat if there are any enchanters looking for work, they can now link the list enchants they do and what materials are required in the chat. Or finaly if you have yet to pick a profession why not pick enchanting.

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362

It's generally not worth enchanting your gear unless you are level 80, or you are making a twink. Levelling items get replaced too quickly to be worth enchanting.

However, the general procedure is:

a) Find an enchanter

b) Agree a deal. A typical deal may be "I will provide materials (from the AH) and 10g in return for you placing an icewalker enchant on my boots." If you find an enchanter who is likely to gain a skill point from enchanting (i.e. the recipe is orange or yellow to him), then you can probably persuade him to do the enchant for free (assuming you provide materials).

c) Give the enchanter the materials

d) Open a trade window with the enchanter. Put the item to be enchanted in the "will not be traded" slot, and add in any money agreed in step b). The enchanter should select your item and indicate he will place an enchant on it. You should see the enchant in your trade view. At this stage, agree the deal.

With wrath of the lich king, enchanting scrolls were introduced. These are a simpler (but more expensive) way to get an enchant. Just buy one from the auction house, right click it, and then select the item you want to be enchanted.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

I'd like to add few things to Antipathy's post

1) Buy the materials before trying to make a deal that you'll provide the materials with the enchanter. He'll except you to be ready to fill out your part of the deal and provide the materials immediately, so that he can fill out his part of the deal, and continue with his other activities.

2) People may cheat the materials from you (part c of Antipathy's post). If it's a member of your guild, he's likely reliable. Also level 80 characters in big guilds rarely consider it worth cheating. But look out of low level players and guildless players, at least ask them to link their enchanting skill to make sure they can actually do what you are asking before giving them anything.

3) If there's an enchater looking for work in the trade channel, and he might get skill-up from his work, it's good to ask for him to do it for free, also guildmates or friends you're in group with often agree to do it with free. But don't start shouting 'LF someone to do me free enchants!!!!', if you ask for enchanter in trade channel try to offer a fair reward for their work, it also increases your chances of meeting a honest enchanter instead of someone who'd try to steal your materials.

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

If you decide to work another toon with enchanting, i have to warn you it's not cheap. If you do decide to go that route, use your main to filter low level items (greens, blues, purple and orange) stuff that you would normally vendor, mail to your enchanter toon to be disenchanted and usaully have either blacksmith or tailoring as a second, so that way you can enchant items as you make them to level up your enchanting skill.