Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soundtrack? Hows the music?

Reinier001Reinier001 Member UncommonPosts: 78

I noticed that the collectors edition will include a game soundtrack, most likely music from the game.

What do you guys think of the music from the game so far? I havent been able to play in the beta yet as Amazon hasnt emailed me a pre-order beta key yet... (i might cancel with Amazon and get it somewhere else if they dont email me one by Wednesday).

Some places still have the limited collectors edition available so I might as well try to pick it up for the cool figure, extra wings with stat boost, dyes, extra emotes,  soundtrack and other cool collectors only exclusives.

Comments

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

From what I heard it's really good. I don't usually listen to in game music though because I'm listening to my own stuff, but I did stop to turn it on now and then and see what it was like.

• DesmoraDesmora Member Posts: 4

The music is defintly top notch. I pre-ordered the collecters myself specficlly for the soundtrack.

It fits in very well with the game itself and I like being able to toggle combat music on and off so you can continue to listen to the zone music. As I said it fits well with all the zones I've been to so far and the sound quality is great definitely looking forward to hear more of it.

• MustaphaMondMustaphaMond Member UncommonPosts: 341

I love the music.  It easily rates up there with some of the best music I've heard in games, especially MMO's.

Here are some piano arrangements of the game music by a player.  Cool stuff.

This clip is actually what plays when you click on "credits" on the client's username/password page.  The song is called "Forgotten Sorrow".  This one is a "making of..." video for it, but there aren't any subtitles yet... (;>_<)

"Tower of Eternity" - This is kinda the theme/title track.  Plays on the open screen for the game, and in various areas/moments throughout the game.  And check out this wild a capella cover... heh (;-_-)

"Sea of Dream" - Soft, simple, and beautiful.  I hate posting these.  Makes me want to play terribly.

"The Tower of Light" - Another short track, but very ambient/aethereal.  I think this is the music that plays when you enter the Lyceum (at least in Sanctum).

"Heaven's Gate" - Getting tired of writing comments for each clip.  Am just going to put the rest down without comments.

"Glory of Ariel"

"A Fairy of the Peace"

"Arabesque"

"Flying Dragon"

"Battle Ring"

"Death Waltz"

"Blue Forest"

"Darkness in Your Heart"

"Step to the Next World"

"The Wings of Knight"

"The Roars of Warrior"

"Red Land"

"Magma and Beast"

"Sad World" <---- probably my favorite.

"Song of Moonlight"

"Gods of the Plague"

"Voices from the Ruins"

"Wailing Wall"

"Invader"

"Fortress of Gods"

"Dream of the Shepherd"

"Daeva's Oratorio"

"Raging Strings"

PS---I have a feeling that some of these titles are translations, but am not sure.

• SlytheSlythe Member UncommonPosts: 952
    Originally posted by MustaphaMond

I love the music.  It easily rates up there with some of the best music I've heard in games, especially MMO's.

I have to agree with you. I'm biased because I love the game but the music is very, very good. It easily ranks up there with Age of Conan's music which is also very good.

But then again, NC blew me away with the Lineage 2 music so they really know what they are doing in that department, imo. Lineage 2 had some of the best songs in any game, even though most of them were pretty short. The first time I heard the title screen music (the old title music when the game first released) I was like "Wow."

• Reinier001Reinier001 Member UncommonPosts: 78

thanks for the input guys :D , I canceled my regular edition pre-order from Amazon.com and purchased a Limited Edition Collectors Edition Pre-Order from Gogamer.com  :D   Amazon takes too long to send out Beta Codes anyways... dont understand the logic in making their customers wait a week after they purchase a pre-order to receive beta codes.

• NedaxNedax Member Posts: 115

I love the music in Aion. One of the only reasons I got a Collectors.

• LambicLambic Member Posts: 22

I picked up the soundtack to this game a while back from YesAsia www.yesasia.com/us/yang-bang-ean-aion-ost/1012341929-0-0-0-en/info.html I love the music!

This song is the reason I bought the soundtrack www.youtube.com/watch No idea where it plays in the game, or if it does, but I love the song

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Many have said it already, but yeah, the music in this game is great. Feels close to J-RPG console game song quality.

• justamemoryjustamemory Member Posts: 200

the music in this game is so epic. I've never been this psyched about game music and before the damn game has even been released ;)

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238
    Originally posted by justamemory

the music in this game is so epic. I've never been this psyched about game music and before the damn game has even been released ;)

And you're almost making me improve my piano skills in order to play these songs :P

• justamemoryjustamemory Member Posts: 200
    Originally posted by EricDanie

Originally posted by justamemory

And you're almost making me improve my piano skills in order to play these songs :P

haha git r dun son!

• RudeaspRudeasp wysiwygMember Posts: 49

I love it. I baught the digital download so I wont get a CD but I also found it online and listened to it. It was nice feeling like I was back in the game. I think I'm going to start a folder of game music since I downloaded the Chrono Trigger music for a friend and found how it took me back also. <3

Mhmmm

• AugustinBellanitaAugustinBellanita Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Thank you so much.
  • DraktheasDraktheas Newbie CommonPosts: 10
    sounds good