Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do the Research Assistants work?

ValanceValance Member Posts: 189

I am thinking about coming back, and I have a 55 SK that I really enjoyed playing. (Got the Rise of Kunark release last year and started).

I just heard about the Research Assistants that the last big patch added in. They sound interesting. So you go to these npcs, and over time they research a master spell for you? Is there a cost, can they master ANY spell, and about how long do they take? If they can give me a master once a week for say, a few gold, that would be awesome.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

RAs upgrade 1 spell to the next rank

you cannot upgrade to a master level unless the skill level is already at Adept 3  (now called Expert)

it does take time for this to happen,

can take as long as 1 month for one level 70+ spell to be upgraded

link for further reading

eq2players.station.sony.com/news_archive_content.vm

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

No cost, but they take time to upgrade.  Sometimes it can be an aggravating wait and you can't upgrade everything to master that way.

• ValanceValance Member Posts: 189

Ok, thannks for the link and info. So I definately still want to buy adept 3/expert then. It sounds like for me, at lvl 55, I might level up to the next rank of a spell (lvl 65 version, etc.) before the old rank becomes master, if it takes over 2 weeks. But at least it is free.