Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG Chronicler

TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

I saw they are going to add a player made content tool similar to City of Heroes "Architect" system.

There a few threads on it but I was wondering if there are any actual notes on it yet.

Comments

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

Don't know if you read this or not yet but this is about all they know yet, Enjoy!

"Star Wars Chronicles

We’re targeting Update 13 to be the launch of Star Wars Chronicles, our player generated content system. Players will be able to take on the new profession of Chronicle Master and create adventures for other players to take part in. This profession is akin to the pilot or politician professions; there will be an xp wheel but there will not be expertise pages with points to spend. Chronicle Masters will obtain Relics though looting, trading, etc) to build their quests. Relics are consumed to create individual Tasks in a quest that is being created. An example of a Relic could be “Kill 5 Nightsisters”. To be clear, not all Relics are related to PvE combat. Chronicle Masters will be able to create PvP quests using PvP Relics, as well as crafting or entertaining quest using Relics of those types. Player generated quests will be more akin to the Legacy quests as opposed to the missions found in terminals since they will update both the player’s journal and quest helper.

The rewards the players receive from player generated quests are auto-generated. To get their quest to grant the best loot Chronicle Masters are going to have to create full quests (right now the limit is 12 Tasks per quest), with very high level challenging Tasks, that are not repetitious (e.g., the Tasks are varied and not just all “Kill Nightsister” Tasks). In addition to the auto-generated loot, Chronicle Masters will have the option to take items or credits from their own inventory and insert them into their quest as rewards. This could be particularly interesting for crafters who want to sell some really excellent items via the Chronicle system.

Finally, the Chronicle Master will be able to use Relics that allow interaction with a lot of iconic Star Wars characters. The system will launch with the ability to insert comm messages from Jabba the Hutt, Boba Fett, Han Solo, and Darth Vader. Due to our unprecedented support from LucasArts and Lucasfilm, we will actually be able to allow Chronicle Masters to write dialog for these iconic characters.

The system is designed so that anybody can jump in and start making quests. This is not just for the role playing community but for any player that thinks they can make a compelling quest. It’s also for those players who want additional solo content to do every day. Now you don’t have to wait for the devs to upload new stuff; you’ll have a constant influx of new material all the time. Now, the introduction of this system does not mean that the devs are going to stop making content. We are still going to support the game the way we always have, you’ll just have an additional outlet for content on a very regular basis.

Another popular question was the introduction of player generated quests in space. While we will not support this feature at launch, it is something that we are actively pursuing, and would definitely like to add at some point."

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• Pawpower1995Pawpower1995 Member Posts: 23

This sounds interesting, and could bring some added excitement to SWG.  Some of the current player base are fantastic Story Creators.

Daviar Killsway
    Smuggler for hire

Looking for a guild in SWTOR

• manu820manu820 Member UncommonPosts: 5

SWG is still running? I can swear i saw somewhere that they were shutting down....

I miss pre-nge swg.. no other mmo has captured my attention like swg used to...

• Pawpower1995Pawpower1995 Member Posts: 23

SWG is not shutting down anytime soon, at least not until TOR comes out.  They are adding "new" content, even though some of it is lame, they are adding it, and working on the game.  Some servers are quite populated.  Starsider stays very heavy at times.

Daviar Killsway
    Smuggler for hire

Looking for a guild in SWTOR

• SurfriderSurfrider Member UncommonPosts: 302

Please stay on topic, thanks!