Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PC or Xbox? And a few more questions

DuckeheggDuckehegg Member Posts: 2

I'm thinking about buying the game, and have a few questions.

First off, is there a difference between the PC and Xbox versions?

Is it possible for PC users to interact with Xbox users?

The monthly fee... how do I pay it?

Are the graphics and gameplay different or better on one than the other?

I have a brother that will want to play too. Is it okay for us to share accounts, assuming we use different characters? Is there a downside to this? And will sharing cause a problem if we use the Xbox version?

Thanks!

Comments

• BlueCadwalBlueCadwal Member Posts: 170

No. Just load times are slightly different.

Yes, the servers are shared. Though there is no Xbox Live chat in-game.

In the PlayOnline client with a credit card. The first month is free.

No. Graphics are better on the PC only if you use Windower, I'm still yet to actually get it to work so I don't bother.

I have a brother that will want to play too. Is it okay for us to share accounts, assuming we use different characters? Is there a downside to this? And will sharing cause a problem if we use the Xbox version?

It's against the EULA to share accounts; however, most players don't actually care.

Here's where the problem comes up. If you and your brother want to play together, you will need separate accounts because you cannot be logged in with the same account on PC and Xbox 360. If you just want to share the account, you will pay an extra dollar for the additional content ID.

There are no problems present in the Xbox 360 version that wouldn't be present in the PC version. Again, you would still need a second content ID or account depending upon your setup. Accounts can be used on both PC and Xbox 360, so if you do get two accounts then you can simply pick-up the PC version for yourself and the Xbox 360 for your brother and setup both accounts on PC and 360 that way they are both accessible in either location.

Let it be known that I hate WoW with a passion and will defend almost any MMORPG against it.
    Current: FFXI (PC/360)
    Want: FFXIV, Stargate Worlds, Star Trek Online
    Past: AC, AoC, AO, Atlantica Online, CoH/V, DAoC, Dungeon Runners, D&DO, EVE, Everquest I+II, FlyFF, GW (all), Lineage 2, LOTRO, Mabinogi, Maplestory, PSO (DC/Xbox/PC), PSU (PC/360), PlanetSide, RO, Shadowbane, SWG (Pre-NGE), SotNW, TR, UO, Warhammer Online, WoW, WWIIO

• DuckeheggDuckehegg Member Posts: 2

Thanks for explaining it so well.

I think I just might buy both versions so that the two of us can play together. I've read that the game is way better when playing with other people.

Ugh.

The only problem is the montly payments.

I don't have a credit card. My parents do, but they'll be reluctant to pay almost $30 a month.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Did you mean the original Xbox or Xbox 360? I have the 360 version and it comes with higher res graphics than the PC version/regular Xbox versions. Although you can adjust the PC graphics though the registry.

Also, billing is on the first of every month. So if you start in the middle of the month your free trial would end the middle of the next month, which means you will be billed on the following 1st for the remainder of that second month plus the upcoming third month.

• NicksdNicksd Member Posts: 403
    Originally posted by Zorvan

Did you mean the original Xbox or Xbox 360? I have the 360 version and it comes with higher res graphics than the PC version/regular Xbox versions. Although you can adjust the PC graphics though the registry.

They made a 360 version? lol. I don't see the point in spending the money to do that...

• BlueCadwalBlueCadwal Member Posts: 170
    Originally posted by Nicksd

They made a 360 version? lol. I don't see the point in spending the money to do that...

They didn't.  Microsoft did.  They wanted Final Fantasy on their console and they got it.  Besides, its not really spending money, its just recompiling the PC version since that's all an Xbox is really.

Let it be known that I hate WoW with a passion and will defend almost any MMORPG against it.
    Current: FFXI (PC/360)
    Want: FFXIV, Stargate Worlds, Star Trek Online
    Past: AC, AoC, AO, Atlantica Online, CoH/V, DAoC, Dungeon Runners, D&DO, EVE, Everquest I+II, FlyFF, GW (all), Lineage 2, LOTRO, Mabinogi, Maplestory, PSO (DC/Xbox/PC), PSU (PC/360), PlanetSide, RO, Shadowbane, SWG (Pre-NGE), SotNW, TR, UO, Warhammer Online, WoW, WWIIO

• NicksdNicksd Member Posts: 403
    Originally posted by BlueCadwal

Originally posted by Nicksd

They didn't.  Microsoft did.  They wanted Final Fantasy on their console and they got it.  Besides, its not really spending money, its just recompiling the PC version since that's all an Xbox is really.

Ah ok, anyway sorry to throw off the thread, carry on.

• joufesjoufes Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by Duckehegg

Thanks!

PC si better the xbox 360 issue is you better move it to the HDD cuz running off the disc all the time will ruin the disc. so youd end up buying a new 360 disc if you played for a long time. that or the laser would F up. thsi si the only reason i dotn want an a 360 because of the heating issue. jsut my personal opinion ask away at your nearest game sotre or ask the high end techy 360 owners and they will give you more in depth info about it.

I can't understand why its so hard for people to READ and UNDERSTAND what they read.

• Sigurd57Sigurd57 Member UncommonPosts: 347

I've been playing it on and off on both.  

While I've tricked my PC version into making the character models look a little better, I much prefer the 360 version.   The menus are larger,  on 360.  On the PC if you set your resolution (In my case 1920x1080)  the overall game graphics look decent but the menus become entirely unreadable (I play on a 32" LCD TV for sake of reference).  

On the 360, the game graphics themselves are a little less "pretty"  no AA at all, you can at least trick the PC client to do some AA and get a smoother picture, but the controller, large menus, and overall just more "polished" playability on the 360 makes it my choice.     

And I play with a friend who is on a PC.   He'd love to be on Xbox as well, but seems the game is now out of print and getting harder to find for the 360.

Hey TSW Players http://www.unfair.co/ for Mission guides, Lore Locations and stuff....

• omega.divineomega.divine Member Posts: 9

I play on a 32" tv too but I use the HDTV standard for 720p pc resolution (1360x768) it makes the menus much easier to read, and I got past the controller issue by connecting mine to the pc. I cant imagine the 360 version looking all that different in a higher resolution as the game only uses a max texture of 1024x1024 but I could be wrong.

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193
    Originally posted by Duckehegg

No major difference A bit more lag by default on the 360 compared to a solid PC

Yes its an open world PC Xbox &
     Ps2 users all Japan & English as well as european all in one huge world.
    Debit card or Credit card. Do not buy a temporary Visa pre pay you will end up spending more than 15/mo
    PC CAN  be better graphics if you mod the Files on it you can make the game run well on any resolution. However if you are not very savvy with computers or simply do not feel like looking up guides to make the game look good Xbox 360 is the way to go. 
    The downside is you can't both play at the same time, share an account I don't think there is a problem with it, and if there is just don't let SE know. 
    Thanks!