Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enhancing the game

Istaria (Horizons) has been around for awhile, though aged well. Good design will get you a long way. But, as our PCs get faster and faster, there's a few thing you can do to improve the experience. I'm gonna list them here, though not go into details. If you need help, just ask ingame; someone WILL help you, or browse the technical section of the official forums.

So...

Level Of Detail - always annoyed me, could be deactivated in the older clients, can STILL be deactivated with some manual tinkering. Makes everything pre-load in perfect detail.

Modified audio files - if you like the music, then there's alternate versions available with 4-5 layers of ambient sound effects added to them, relevant to the areas they play in. Made my me in fact, and sounding great.

Original ancient sizes - mandatory for dragons. The ancients were reduced in stature just before going live, for reasons still unknown, and the lessened models aren't perfectly fitted. The old ones are. If you're ancient, you're supposed to be BIG, not just bigger.

Cobal's texture fix - improves the textures of dragons, giving them white claws and teeth, and cleans up the general textures as well.

Load distances - you can manually set load distances way, WAY beyond the sliders provided by the in-game options. You can basically chose to se the entire world at once, though doing this will probably melt your computer.

Various other mods - there's all sorts of tweeks one can chose, like alterante game icons, themes interfaces, etc.

- Ignorance is bliss...