Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World Transfer?

BlueCadwalBlueCadwal Member Posts: 170

Since I'm thinking about transfering my character to a new server I had a question that maybe someone could answer.

The PlayOnline states:

* The above fee that is incurred will be charged on the following month. After the World Transfer is complete, no additional monthly service fees will be incurred.

Is this on top of your regular service fee for the month? ($13+$1 for each additional character) or is this a flat rate for that month?

So in otherwords, if I bought a world transfer would I be paying $25 or $39 on August 1st?

Let it be known that I hate WoW with a passion and will defend almost any MMORPG against it.
Current: FFXI (PC/360)
Want: FFXIV, Stargate Worlds, Star Trek Online
Past: AC, AoC, AO, Atlantica Online, CoH/V, DAoC, Dungeon Runners, D&DO, EVE, Everquest I+II, FlyFF, GW (all), Lineage 2, LOTRO, Mabinogi, Maplestory, PSO (DC/Xbox/PC), PSU (PC/360), PlanetSide, RO, Shadowbane, SWG (Pre-NGE), SotNW, TR, UO, Warhammer Online, WoW, WWIIO

Comments

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

It's stacked on top. Transfer fee + monthly fee.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553

This confused the heck out of me too but i was informed that you are still charged for the month.  They worded this REALLY bad and have certainly left themselves open for people saying "It says no other monthly fee" if they want to gripe about 12-15 bucks.  I just said "meh" and did it anyways as i knew it would take a couple hours to get to someone who could probably refund it and 2 hours of my time is more than 15 bucks.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• GameslaveGameslave Member Posts: 130
    Originally posted by Suplyndmnd

This confused the heck out of me too...  They worded this REALLY bad and have certainly left themselves open for people saying "It says no other monthly fee"...

See, it wasn't the question of whether or not I'd still be charged for that month of service. I thought that much was implied, since the World Transfer service is an ADDITIONAL service. But what confused me was whether or not I'd ever have to pay for a world transfer again.

Back when I first started I named my character, played for a few months, and lost my computer and with it my PlayOnline ID. So I tried again, only couldn't name him the same thing. So his name became Gameslave, until I realized it was directly associated with RMT via the website by the same name.

After contacting a GM and asking for a name change in light of the situation, he refused, so I decided to change to a server where the name Gameslave already existed, forcing me to change. I intended to go back to my original server only to learn that I'd have to pay for ANOTHER world transfer.

Because it read "no additional monthly fee" I thought I would be able to transfer between servers at will after 90 days free of charge. But no. It ended up costing me $50 to change my character's name...

GM denies name change.

Abraxas [365]