Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$15.00/Month gets me what?

AvathosAvathos Member UncommonPosts: 155

As fellow gamer I really want to see as many games deviate from the typical elf,  dwarf mediaval fantasy mold to succeed. I have considered GA and  I am not giving up on this game yet, but really please be honest with me without flaming

What do I get for $15.00 month?

1- 4v4, 6v6 and maybe 16v16 content?

2- Some sort of lobby with maybe a map where I can see if other missions succeed for my team to do mine?

I guess GA will have a similiar set as DDO, Huxley or maybe Diablo I and II?

If were a new player (costumer) how would sell the subscription to me?

Please dont say: "for $15.00 a month you a lot hours of FUN" Because I can play true FPS like  ARMA 2 and COD4 without a monthly fee

Comments

• UnrealPTUnrealPT Member Posts: 4

Why people keep relating Global Agenda with the normal FPSs games?

Hurr durr complete

• DerrialDerrial Member Posts: 250

I've wondered about this too.  This list of features from the game's website FAQ seems a pretty good answer for me:

* Player vs Environment missions with boss fights

* Player vs Player missions with different objective types

* A large-scale, persistent territory control framework and Campaign

* Multiple character classes and subclasses

* Character leveling and progression

* Skill trees

* Social Hubs

* Achievements

* Loot with various qualities

* Blueprints and crafting

* Economy and auction system

* Gear upgrades

* Alliances and Agencies (our version of "guilds").

* Grouping systems (for easily teaming with other players for missiosn)

* Character customization and dyes

* Flair and seasonal items

* Alliance/Agency/Group/Side/Team text chat

* Integrated Voice Chat

* Thirty+ different major weapons/devices for each class

* Scores of character emotes

* A "Raid" system that is part of the campaign system that allows coordinated teams of up to 60 persons (working inside up to 6 different strike teams) to simultaneously raid the enemy, working toward a common raid objective.

* Single server-shard per major geographic region -- meaning you can communicate with and compete with/against tens of thousands of other players.

• mThree3mThree3 Member Posts: 60
    Originally posted by Avathos

As fellow gamer I really want to see as many games deviate from the typical elf,  dwarf mediaval fantasy mold to succeed. I have considered GA and  I am not giving up on this game yet, but really please be honest with me without flaming
    What do I get for $15.00 month?
    1- 4v4, 6v6 and maybe 16v16 content?
    2- Some sort of lobby with maybe a map where I can see if other missions succeed for my team to do mine?
    I guess GA will have a similiar set as DDO, Huxley or maybe Diablo I and II?
    If were a new player (costumer) how would sell the subscription to me?
    Please dont say: "for $15.00 a month you a lot hours of FUN" Because I can play true FPS like  ARMA 2 and COD4 without a monthly fee

Highest is 12v12.

From what I understand NO THERE IS NO LOBBIES

Don't compare this to Diablo.

This is a TRUE fps. The only reason they are making it p2p is because they can add MUCH more content to it then COD4 and ARMA2 can or EVER will.

• ComotoseComotose Member Posts: 1

WoW turned me off to the typical MMO. I'm looking forward to GA as a FPS (even tho it's 3rd person) MMO. TR didn't review well so I didn't even try.

• RaltarRaltar Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by Comotose

WoW turned me off to the typical MMO. I'm looking forward to GA as a FPS (even tho it's 3rd person) MMO. TR didn't review well so I didn't even try.

Please don't use WoW as an example of a "typical" MMO. There are some of us (such as myself) who still remember the days when MMOs weren't just about grinding to the maximum level and then raiding for gear. WoW is just a shell of an MMO, boiled down to the simplest components and focused on the parts of the game which keep people subscribed for the longest peroid of time (from the perspective of the bean counters). It is a perversion of what gaming is meant to be about.

Tabula Rasa... had serious issues. I can assure you no other game will ever be quite like that (except maybe Vanguard, which had similar issues). I don't believe any such problems will face Global Agenda.

• ZukanZukan Member Posts: 161
    Originally posted by Raltar

Originally posted by Comotose

Please don't use WoW as an example of a "typical" MMO. There are some of us (such as myself) who still remember the days when MMOs weren't just about grinding to the maximum level and then raiding for gear. WoW is just a shell of an MMO, boiled down to the simplest components and focused on the parts of the game which keep people subscribed for the longest peroid of time (from the perspective of the bean counters). It is a perversion of what gaming is meant to be about.

Tabula Rasa... had serious issues. I can assure you no other game will ever be quite like that (except maybe Vanguard, which had similar issues). I don't believe any such problems will face Global Agenda.

I didn't play TR, but since you through VanGuard in there I assume the issues you are talking about are technical problems and missing content?

Yeah GA doesn't have any of those problems. :]

Originally posted by Zukan

I didn't play TR, but since you through VanGuard in there I assume the issues you are talking about are technical problems and missing content?

Technical problems not so much. Missing content to some degree. The primary reason I compared those two games was because both had an arrogant, self-serving lead developer who did very little work and eventually passed the game off onto an unsuspecting publisher in exchange for large sums of money that they didn't deserve.

So yeah, thus far no sign that GA will have any similar issue to that. (Though I am still wondering who the publisher for this game will be.)

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Raltar

Technical problems not so much. Missing content to some degree. The primary reason I compared those two games was because both had an arrogant, self-serving lead developer who did very little work and eventually passed the game off onto an unsuspecting publisher in exchange for large sums of money that they didn't deserve.

So yeah, thus far no sign that GA will have any similar issue to that. (Though I am still wondering who the publisher for this game will be.)

Well to be fair. Brad I dont think got mutch money. I think he just got his Butt saved.. But yeah.. After what they did to two great games Both Desierve a one way shot to the moon.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

Originally posted by Ekibiogami

Both Desierve a one way shot to the moon.

Garriot would probably enjoy that, sadly.

• hellaskanhellaskan Member Posts: 15

Forgive my innocence, i don't really know anything about this game... but this is a true MMO right? With that said, the highest numbers in PvP we are alooking at is.. 12 vs 12? Wait, in an MMO? Then i read there are raids of 60 players in 10 man squads, I don't think I understand the numbers game here.

So if one side has a large city type area, and i want to bring in 90 people to attack it and take it over or whatever, 30 people get left out in the cold? Is this whole world open for constant interaction or does this game play like a mini FPS instanced in a number of spots around the world?

If I play an MMO, I want to know that I can go anywhere, at any time without restriction, is this so in Global Agenda?

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134

tbh I would like to answer your questions, but with the NDA and all....

Originally posted by hellaskan

Forgive my innocence, i don't really know anything about this game... but this is a true MMO right? With that said, the highest numbers in PvP we are alooking at is.. 12 vs 12? Wait, in an MMO? Then i read there are raids of 60 players in 10 man squads, I don't think I understand the numbers game here.
    So if one side has a large city type area, and i want to bring in 90 people to attack it and take it over or whatever, 30 people get left out in the cold? Is this whole world open for constant interaction or does this game play like a mini FPS instanced in a number of spots around the world?
    If I play an MMO, I want to know that I can go anywhere, at any time without restriction, is this so in Global Agenda?

It's not exactly a "true MMO' it's a hybrid. So you're not going to be able to roam the open wastes on horse back like you would in VanGuard. This is primarily a PvP game, and it's designed to get you into the action quickly, opposed to walking around until you run into someone to shoot at.

The 60 players on 10 teams refers to the base raids. You attack in 6 teams of 10, each team in their own instance, but each instance having an impact on each other. So team 1 can knock out a power generator so that team 4 can get past the turret defense, for example. Yes if you have 90 people not everyone is going to be able to come. If you have 120 people your agency can attack two places at once though. The more people you have, the more places you can defense/attack at once as you take over the world.

Global Agenda is about strategy, tactics, and team work instead of  who brings the most people.

• neoterrarneoterrar Member Posts: 512

I recently played a couple of this new genre of pay2play FPS games...
    Needless to say I'm bitter about it.Crimecraft has a very similar list
    of features and is just garbage (in my opinion)

Hopefully the PvE with boss fights will have some plot and storyline to them. Instanced PvE is a great place for scripted events and story telling.

I do hope they pull it off. I would rather enjoy a FPS with a high degree of character customization.

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by neoterrar

Hopefully the PvE with boss fights will have some plot and storyline to them. Instanced PvE is a great place for scripted events and story telling.
    I do hope they pull it off. I would rather enjoy a FPS with a high degree of character customization.

Trust me this game is nothing like Crimecraft. Thankfully.

Originally posted by greed0104

Agreed, I've played them both as well. I found Crimecraft a little fun the one day I played it, but Global Agenda is a lot of fun the year I've been playing it. :)

• steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391

GA isnt an mmo

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144
    Originally posted by steamtank

GA isnt an mmo

FE..FI..FO..FUM. I smell a disbeliever in the forum.

• darksider27darksider27 Member Posts: 44

Whats up with the lobby/shard fps mmo style games with structured battles in static environments...Crimecraft uses this, Huxley will, and I've heard about GA and a few others following the trend.

When all we REALLY want is planetside 2.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/darksider
    I don't use xfire anymore.
    I <3 Steam =D

• InterestingInteresting Member UncommonPosts: 972
    Originally posted by darksider27

Whats up with the lobby/shard fps mmo style games with structured battles in static environments...Crimecraft uses this, Huxley will, and I've heard about GA and a few others following the trend.
    When all we REALLY want is planetside 2.

Exactly.

• tamgrostamgros Member Posts: 88

Yeah, and upgraded planetside would be great.  JGE is using an intersting system of data reporting so there can be HUGE battles, and it is still twitch.  That may be where I go to get my FPS feel. That, and JGE is in space, which is cool.

GA did have some cool aspects to it though, a lot more diverse playstyle options than most RTSs, and there will be persistency to it.  Kind of a new spin on the FPS genre...

• neoterrarneoterrar Member Posts: 512

Dunno, APB has me hooked on it's premise. "In our game the NPCs aren't participants, they are victims" Plus the maps will have a lot more people. Oh, and no monthly fee?

---

I dunno, quite a lot of the features for Global Agenda exist in games like say Team Fortress 2. I think WAR proved that scenarios are well and good, but it's the end game big bang stuff that makes or breaks it.

Dunno, APB has me hooked on it's premise. "In our game the NPCs aren't participants, they are victims" Plus the maps will have a lot more people. Oh, and no monthly fee?
    ---
    I dunno, quite a lot of the features for Global Agenda exist in games like say Team Fortress 2. I think WAR proved that scenarios are well and good, but it's the end game big bang stuff that makes or breaks it.

There  are a lot of features that TF2 and GA both share, yes. Global Agenda has more features that TF2 does not have, however.

• qotsaqotsa Member UncommonPosts: 835
    Originally posted by greed0104

I second that. It isn't a bad game at all.

• spLaggerspLagger Member UncommonPosts: 130

---

There  are a lot of features that TF2 and GA both share, yes. Global Agenda has more features that TF2 does not have, however.

lol it better, but from all the footage and news it for sure is a lot more in depth than TF2.

• DouhkDouhk Member Posts: 1,019

To be honest, I don't see why I would pick this game over APB, which is esentially the same thing except in a different theme with an open world over a closed arena-type battleground. In fact, I'm not really sure why I would play this game over a game like Call of Duty. And on top of that, expecting an extra $15 bucks a month for most likely less polish / balance than CoD will inevitably provide? Even with the list that's given within the first page (which, essentially, is almost all provided in a game like CoD) there really isn't much justification.

I could see how people would prefer this game over the standard MMOs like WoW, as it's a different playstyle. ButI just don't see this game possibly being able to survive / have any more than a 25k subscribers at best for charging the MMO standard fee for essentially another FPS where the actual standard is no monthly charge. I don't see many people choosing this game over other FPSs like T2F, CoD, Counterstrike, or even APB once it comes out. There just isn't enough there for it to deserve the standard MMO monthly charge.

image If only SW:TOR could be this epic...