Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Valkurm Dunes on Odin?

BlueCadwalBlueCadwal Member Posts: 170

What happened to all the PTs that used to form?  There used to be like 5 parties camping the lizards in the south-west and at least 6 more in the main area... now it seems as though Valkurm Dunes is barren wasteland.

Let it be known that I hate WoW with a passion and will defend almost any MMORPG against it.
Current: FFXI (PC/360)
Want: FFXIV, Stargate Worlds, Star Trek Online
Past: AC, AoC, AO, Atlantica Online, CoH/V, DAoC, Dungeon Runners, D&DO, EVE, Everquest I+II, FlyFF, GW (all), Lineage 2, LOTRO, Mabinogi, Maplestory, PSO (DC/Xbox/PC), PSU (PC/360), PlanetSide, RO, Shadowbane, SWG (Pre-NGE), SotNW, TR, UO, Warhammer Online, WoW, WWIIO

Comments

• seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714

the game is super old now and all of the players are at the high level stuff. plenty of players are coming back but not enough to notice, and certainly not enough to get a bunch of parties in the low levels. just give it a rest and wait for the new FF MMO : )

Originally posted by Scagweed22
    is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
    Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

• BlueCadwalBlueCadwal Member Posts: 170
    Originally posted by Ozreth

the game is super old now and all of the players are at the high level stuff. plenty of players are coming back but not enough to notice, and certainly not enough to get a bunch of parties in the low levels. just give it a rest and wait for the new FF MMO : )

I know its an older game, but it doesn't make sense that I can't find a PT now.

It was only 4 months ago that I was leveling my dragoon through there and there were a ton of parties available.  Plus the survey still shows most people are levels 1-25, which has been consistent throughout the lifespan of the game.

Let it be known that I hate WoW with a passion and will defend almost any MMORPG against it.
    Past: AC, AoC, AO, Atlantica Online, CoH/V, DAoC, Dungeon Runners, D&DO, EVE, Everquest I+II, FlyFF, GW (all), Lineage 2, LOTRO, Mabinogi, Maplestory, PSO (DC/Xbox/PC), PSU (PC/360), PlanetSide, RO, Shadowbane, SWG (Pre-NGE), SotNW, TR, UO, Warhammer Online, WoW, WWIIO

• seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714

Yeah I guess its just hit or miss : / still a great game though! Im just super excited about ffxiv and cant see myself investing too much time into a mmo when i plan on quitting it soon for a new one. 

Originally posted by Scagweed22
    is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
    Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

• d00fbysanchod00fbysancho Member Posts: 219

It depends on time and server iplay on asura i didn't have much problem finding party in dunes on that server sometimes you need to just invite people or ask guild the game still has a good amount of lower lvls just sometimes during day its inactive

• HerkfixerHerkfixer Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by BlueCadwal

Originally posted by Ozreth

I know its an older game, but it doesn't make sense that I can't find a PT now.

It was only 4 months ago that I was leveling my dragoon through there and there were a ton of parties available.  Plus the survey still shows most people are levels 1-25, which has been consistent throughout the lifespan of the game.

Survey shows most people level 1-25 because almost everyone has at least one mule and/or one bazaar toon.  These rarely get leveled so they stay low.

You also need to take into account time of day, day of week, and holiday/season (ie. summer time means more people vacationing/traveling/hanging out with friends, etc.

"There are things that I believe that I shall never say but I shall never say those things that I do not believe."
    Immanuel Kant

• BlueCadwalBlueCadwal Member Posts: 170

Come to think of it.  There were a lot of new players back while I was leveling up my dragoon still.  There's no way that this game suddenly suffered a decrease in new players so I went poking around and found several posts that say Odin is closed to new players.

Are there any servers that new players are often going into?  I'm really trying to reach level 75 by the release of FFXIV on at least 3 classes.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

Is Odin still closed to new players? If so there is your problem right there. I remember acouple months ago grouping in the dunes was pretty light because of the server being closed. Untill Odin is opened up for new players it will get worse and worse for low level areas more then likely.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Well, our LS is on Fenrir and we're in the stages of Vulkurm Dunes right now for our mains and multiple subs and it doesn't matter the time of day.  Its always hoping with a ton of activity and there is no issue getting a group, and sometimes finding enough mobs to keep chains going can be tough!

With all this activity and the announcement of FFXIV...we're seeing a huge increase to new players over here, as well as the veterans come down to graba  chunk of easy XP!