Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just got Factions, upgrade or create new account?

Redline65Redline65 Member Posts: 486

I bought Prophecies a few weeks back so I haven't played too far yet, but I found Factions Platinum Edition today for $10 so I picked it up. It includes Prophecies GOTY, so should I upgrade my existing account or create a new account with Factions Platinum? Does the game allow you to have multiple accounts under one PlayNC account? What are advantages of having multiple accounts? Thanks for answering my n00b questions.

Comments

• tiger6993tiger6993 Member Posts: 33

Add it to your existing account. If you don't, your characters won't share the same storage, and you won't get Factions skills on Prophecies characters (or the other way around). I made the mistake of creating a new account with Factions. I had to buy a new copy of Prophecies. 

• Redline65Redline65 Member Posts: 486

Well it says on the box for Factions Platinum Edition that it includes Guild Wars GOTY edition so I assume if I create a new account I'll get Factions and Prophecies on the new account. Am I right?

• PTEDPTED Member Posts: 464

What happens is in the box you will have a code for each campaign. So in your case, you'll have a GOTY edition Prophecies (which include some bonuses) and an ordinary factions code.

If you haven't gottern too far on your existing prophecies account, you may want to make the GOTY edition your new "main" account and add factions to it. Basically, GOTY edition gives you special dance emotions for prophecies careers and some starter weapons.

If you are however attached to your existing character/account, just add factions to it and create a new account out of the GOTY edition prophecies which you can give to a friend / use as a secondary mass storage / use to collect birthday presents.

Since you've only been around for a few weeks, you wont have realised that every 12 months your characters get a birthday present, opening this gives you a miniature pet (that has no impact on gameplay) that can be extremely valuable (money wise).

It may not make much sense now, but if you do have a secondary account that you don't use as much, fill its character slots with characters that are able to access storage and check on them in 12 months. You'll thank me later.

• Redline65Redline65 Member Posts: 486
    Originally posted by PTED

What happens is in the box you will have a code for each campaign. So in your case, you'll have a GOTY edition Prophecies (which include some bonuses) and an ordinary factions code.

There's not a code for each campaign, the Factions Platinum Edition only has one code in it. On the cover of the game it says it includes Guild Wars GOTY edition though. So I think I'll just create a new account with this one that has both campaigns, and keep my older Prophecies account around. I was only around level 4 or so on my old account, I had pretty much just started playing. I'm thinking I should end up with 10 character slots total this way since I'll have:

Prophecies (non-GOTY) = 4 slots

Prophecies (GOTY) + Factions = 6 slots