Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is surprisingly refreshing and fun.

Povey151Povey151 Member Posts: 250

I'm not going to write a huge lengthy review but I have to say that I'm having a ton of fun with this game. The "class" system is pretty cool and combat is very refreshing. The community seems rather nice on the whole (compared to games like wow). I wouldn't say this is a game that would sustain me for more than 3-4 months but it will defnitely have me hooked for that long.

Having played MMORPG's since the days of MUDs I give a strong thumbs up to anyone looking for a quick fun MMO to at least TRY the game (it took me less than 2 hours to sign up, download, install, and start playing).

Comments

• EogrisEogris Member UncommonPosts: 102

This is a surprising game. I'm way too old for it, but if i were much much younger i would definitely be hooked ;)

I would say it's a great environment for kids. The chat system is perfect. You can't say any bad words/ how old you are. Which is good for the kids. It can be a little frustrating for adults because you can't use big words lol.

• mikey11111mikey11111 Member Posts: 13

actually any subscribers who are over the age of 18 can now type any words they want(numbers and misspellings included), except for explicit profanity.  The good thing is that only other 18+ subscribers can see the words that would normally be filtered.

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798
    Originally posted by mikey11111

actually any subscribers who are over the age of 18 can now type any words they want(numbers and misspellings included), except for explicit profanity.  The good thing is that only other 18+ subscribers can see the words that would normally be filtered.

This is good, because it makes communication a little easier, but keeps out free account chat trolls.

~Ripper

• BobRossBobRoss Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 213

The Chat change for 18+ is a good step. The problem is maybe halfway solved. The absence of any kind of guild or gathering place makes a player feel so alone. If they implemented a guild tab in this game then they would be onto something.

You can create a guild via www.wizard101central.com but it's impossible to keep track of everybody if they have 2 -5 toons. With a limited friend list you might be able to fit everyone on it. Also even if you created this guild,  there is not an option for you all to chat. Unless your in a group then 4 people can talk.

Since this game is basically made for kids it pretty much chokes you to death if your an adult as far as meeting up with friends and chatting and having a good time(of same age). Nine out of Ten times you'll get HELP ME in purple letters from friends you've picked up along the way.

Watch your P and Q's on the site I mentioned above. They are pretty strict and dont allow outside links and such.

Bobross

• Peregrine2Peregrine2 Member Posts: 169

Personally I've been having a blast with this game, even as an adult - it starts out slow, but the combat gets more and more interesting as everyone learns new kinds of spells and the monsters get tougher. I find it incredibly refreshing compared to many of the larger titles. I do wish there was some kind of guild function though - at least they added groups in the recent update!

• MalakhonMalakhon Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by Eogris

This is a surprising game. I'm way too old for it, but if i were much much younger i would definitely be hooked ;)
    I would say it's a great environment for kids. The chat system is perfect. You can't say any bad words/ how old you are. Which is good for the kids. It can be a little frustrating for adults because you can't use big words lol.

Sadly, I am 39 and find I am NOT too old for this game. I like in fact that I have time to decide what card to throw instead of trying to match the cyborg like reflexes of some 14 year old in a FPS that is in real time.

The strategic layer is actually very intriguing to me. I am fairly new to the game, but finding there is a lot more to it than I thought.