Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quit DAoC and start new life (game)

I just whanted to ask DAoC players, if you will quit playing DAoC what will be your next MMORPG ?image

Comments

• majochmajoch Member Posts: 599
    EQ2

• numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670
    just canceled the other day. Gunna restart my AC2 account until WoW hits.

• Qbic07Qbic07 Member Posts: 91
    It's a bit hard to give an answer to that.  Personally I am going to wait till WOW and EQ2 are released for a few months and then try them.  I am kinda curious about D&D Online.  Somehow that game seems very appealing to me.  I will try WOW and EQ2 as well though.  A bit hard to tell which of these will come out on top.  But tbh I am still playing DAOC and enjoying it immensly; I don't see myself cancelling it very soon......  image

• MentatMentat Member UncommonPosts: 516

DAOC sux, the community is full of elitest eq rejects.... EQ breeds an elitest attitude as well. Some classes are clearly better than others etc. They say there is a balance.. That is highly bs.. EQ sux DAOC sux more ..

COH is entertaining me at the moment but, it's not fullfilling like eq was when it first came out.

Mentat

• colep53colep53 Member Posts: 140

Hey Mentat what cartoon is thatpic of fat guy from? i remeber it as a kid i think it was about cops or somthin i loved the toys when i was younge.

O yeah Daoc is still a great game and with catacombs expansion improving grpaphics espccially the ugly character models i might stick with it. WE NEED MOUNTS THOUGH MYTHIC!!! anyway ill stay with prolly till mythics next game IMperator comes out. Eq 2 looks like Eq with better graphics choppy movments and voices. and WoW looks good just dosnt seem like a game i could play for even a year. theres only 9 dang classes? just stupid.::::06::

-Gosh you're cute. Wanna buy a monkey?

• DarksporeDarkspore Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by TheGrimReape
    I just whanted to ask DAoC players, if you will quit playing DAoC what will be your next MMORPG ?image

It has to be World of Warcraft, nothing less image

I am Ashen-Shugar! I am Valheru! sang a voice within, in a torrent of anger, battle madness, and bloodlust.

I am Ashen-Shugar! I am Valheru! sang a voice within, in a torrent of anger, battle madness, and bloodlust.

• BlakpyreBlakpyre Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by colep53

Hey Mentat what cartoon is thatpic of fat guy from? i remeber it as a kid i think it was about cops or somthin i loved the toys when i was younge.

... may be mistaken but it looks like The Kingpin from Spidey comics

Leave DAoC?? What ??? Why would anyone want to leave DAoC ???

(as he fingers his prebuy EQ2....

:)

• TsenTsen Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by TheGrimReape

Cancelled ?!!!!image

WOW is the one i will goto .. but eq 2 is looking interesting.

Helllo, My name is Indego Montoya, You killed my father prepare to die.

(Repeat)

Helllo, My name is Indego Montoya, You killed my father prepare to die.

(Repeat)

• unaydonunaydon Member Posts: 116
    going to guild wars and might try WoW.

• bballermc333bballermc333 Member Posts: 283

if i were to quit id play asherons call, i know im leaving DAoC when the new AC expantion comes out.......AC all the way

Guild wars..........

• sliversliver Member Posts: 132

I reactivated daoc this month, and I quit again too. I'll be getting eq2.

• Silens_NecoSilens_Neco Member Posts: 15
    WoW, looks weak compared to DAoC.  I probably won't try another MMO till Dark & Light comes out

• orionnublan1orionnublan1 Member Posts: 3

After the free 15 day trial I remembered why I quit in the first place. I did enjoy the game but after TOA it was never the same. I had a lot of good friends and miss them. I will be playing WOW and after I finish building a new computer I will be going to EQ2.

• bibop588bibop588 Member Posts: 2
    I would not leave DAoC, but if i had to id be for WoW and that is only if DAoC died or something

DAoC RULZ!!

DAoC RULZ!!

<a href="http://www.funny.com"></a>; feeling down and gloomy well come on down and click here for some jokes there pretty funny

• MonkhoundMonkhound Member Posts: 3

Maybe Wish (https://www.mutablerealms.com/index.php), World of Warcraft or Dark and Light (http://www.darkandlight.com/eng/index.php).

I'm on DAoC European servers, I just want to see what NF and Catacombs will make of the game. If it destroys the game even more, I will surely quit.
    Then comes the choice of the next platform: it depends on whichone of DnL and Wish comes out first I guess...

• propolyzpropolyz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    I wish there was a such thing as quit when it comes to mmorpgs, but there isnt.. after months atleast with daoc you start to miss it, theres no such thing as quit because unless you terminate your account it will always be inactive for you to use.. so if you get bored.. just cancel subscription for acopple months and try something else.. eq2 looks alright, but im gunna get WoW :)

---------------------------------------------
    Darkage of Camelot | Since Day 1 |

Seabasz 50 Hero | Lancelot / Hib
    Seabas 50 Enchanter | Lancelot / Hib
    Vlyden 50 Bezerker | Guinevere / Mid
    Vydien 50 Armsman | Bors / Alb
    Hellzpyro 45 Wizard | Merlin / Alb
    Oceany 45 BM | Mordred / Mid
    Seabasy 48 Bard | Mordred / Hib

---------------------------------------------
    Darkage of Camelot
    Seabasz 50 Hero | Lancelot / Hib
    Seabas 50 Enchanter | Lancelot / Hib
    Vlyden 50 Bezerker | Guinevere / Mid
    Vydien 50 Armsman | Bors / Alb
    Hellzpyro 50 Wizard | Merlin / Alb
    Oceany 45 BM | Mordred / Mid
    Seabasy 48 Bard | Mordred / Hib

• mvinmvin Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Actually i'm not 100% sure i want to leave Daoc, it really depends in how many ppl that will leave.. But something that is 100% i'm gonna try out WoW... Who said u can't play 2 mmorpgs at once...? Well if u want a real life.. dont! image

Dark Age of Camelot

Icestrike - Bonedancer - Excalibur
    Neverstrike - Thane - Excalibur

• AsturysAsturys Member Posts: 2

I just quit after playing the stress test for World of Warcraft. I loved the game, loved it for many years, but it is time for a change again. I've dabbled in most of the other MMORPG's out there, and nothing has caught me like DaOC did. Now I've experienced WoW and seriously.. WOW.

Such a different game, but so much fun. I'll be waiting patiently for its release, and for the teaser Open Beta. Until then.. I always have poker online ::::01::

• sipsik20sipsik20 Member Posts: 9
    I been playing Daoc since it came out with couple months 'break' in btw, but I have to say, things get old, and I'm planning on checking out eq2 and wow. But if I don't like those games, maybe guildwars and dark and light. But I don't think I will like the new expansion for Daoc (catacombs) anyhow. There are so many new games coming out....image, eq2, wow, guildwars, lord of the rings, dark and light, wish, etc etc...One of the new game 'got to fit for me' heh. image
  • GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    I'll stop playing DAoC for awhile when EQ2 comes out.  But EQ2 will fall quickly by the wayside because it has only PvE and that gets boring quickly.  So DAoC will be my choose again.  That is untill, ToA of DF comes out.  Those will be nice when they finally get out.
  • CeroCero Member Posts: 7
    Well I have (quitted) (taking a break) from DAoC, have played it since beta and really tired of it now. So I have ordered EQ2 now and just waiting my Collectors Box image

• FreelanceFreelance Member Posts: 83

Originally posted by Cero
    Well I have (quitted) (taking a break) from DAoC, have played it since beta and really tired of it now. So I have ordered EQ2 now and just waiting my Collectors Box image

Well out of the two(eq2 and wow) I think you made the right choice.  I played both in beta and feel that eq2 would be the better of the two.  I cant really pin it down,   but wow just doesnt do it for me.  Eq2 seemed more enjoyable and kept me at the keyboard longer.  I just dont know if in the long run it will be enjoyable without having rvr or pvp to break the treadmill.

Good luck and hope you enjoy it.  At least you get a little pet with that fancy box. :)

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528
    Dark and Light is the only game that has interest to me that is coming out.  While there are some nice dress up to EQ II, it is the same as EQ but with a more Asian character system.  I find it boring enough to go kill things pointlessly in EQ, that is why I went to DAOC, so why would I waste my time with another game that has nothing new to offer?  The only way I would leave is if another game actually offered something new to the game and not just the way it looks.