Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW is ending! Proof inside!

GuileGuile Member Posts: 37

Proof: WoW is Ending.

Firstly i would like to say that i really enjoyed my stint of WoW, it was great. I played for 2 years, attaining full epic kit from karazhan when it first came out. But since that it started going down hill.

Tthe decent developers have left the team and joined a new team to create Blizzards new MMO.

I think blizzard have decided to milk WoW for all its worth ready for the new mmo when it comes out.

Want proof?

Why would blizzard put big advert on their homepage, they earn plenty from monthly subscriptions, why would

they need the extra cash from an advert, no other mmo has them.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• ArchnagelArchnagel World of Warcraft CorrespondentMember Posts: 27

I think that Blizzard is a business, and businesses try their best to turn over the highest amount of profit they can. It's only logical to use their page for advertising.

• tarviktarvik Member UncommonPosts: 84

stop drinking the bong water

• GuileGuile Member Posts: 37

cant deny the proof tho.

Who cares, i don't check the forums enough to know every post ever made, i didn't even know someone had posted it, I just made this conclusion using my own thoughts from occasionaly checking the WoW site.

You fail at pointing out silly errors on forums instead of giving valuable feedback. I only thought of this and thought this was the best forum to vent out this thought.

Good Day Sir.

If it makes you happy mate, sure!

• DeathstinyDeathstiny Member Posts: 386

so Everquest reached it's peak at about 500k subscribers and is still going strong after 10 years...

WoW has 11million+ subs and is obviously doomed after 4 years?

kthxbye

/thread

• MartinmasMartinmas Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Originally posted by Guile

Why would blizzard put big advert on their homepage, they earn plenty from monthly subscriptions, why would

What do you guys think?

That is kind of like saying why would they make anymore games since they are earning plenty from monthly subscriptions. They are a business and with them being a business they do whatever makes them a profit.

Originally posted by Deathstiny

so Everquest reached it's peak at about 500k subscribers and is still going strong after 10 years...
    WoW has 11million+ subs and is obviously doomed after 4 years?
    kthxbye
    /thread

Nowhere in my post do i say wow will suddenly stop. I simply stated that wow is ending, they can forsee it, and now they are milking the cashcow for all its worth, they are spending most of their efforts on the new MMO. Trust me, when the sub numbers stop being released, u will know they are dropping and Blizzard will soon release the first details of the new MMO, to bring them all back in.

Originally posted by Martinmas

What do you guys think?

That is kind of like saying why would they make anymore games since they are earning plenty from monthly subscriptions. They are a business and with them being a business they do whatever makes them a profit.

Yeah i've heard the business thing before, but the majority of other MMO's don't put adverts on the homepage because they don't need to, it's wasted space.

They would rather fill that space with something about the game.

Blizzard is only after making cash from WOW now, not making it a better game, that means they have lost interest. If they have lost interest, then they must be thinking about their new MMO more, hence they will start making that their main priority soon.

• Reborn17Reborn17 Member Posts: 414

I would think China banning the sale of virtual items (including subscription cards) would have been a more telling sign than an ad on their homepage.

"The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion." -Edmund Burke

Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?"
    (Psalm 94:16)

Originally posted by Reborn17

I would think China banning the sale of virtual items (including subscription cards) would have been a more telling sign than an ad on their homepage.

Wow i didn't know that, that reinforces my beliefs, thank you.

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by thatwannabe

this is such OLD news you fail kkthxbye gg also evolution isint real and the universe was created 2000 years ago by a guy in a dress in the heavens get the hint?

So much ignorance here, the earth was created 6009 years ago, and God isn't a cross dresser.

• vash79vash79 Member UncommonPosts: 72

[i]Originally posted by Guile[/i] Proof: WoW is Ending. Firstly i would like to say that i really enjoyed my stint of WoW, it was great. I played for 2 years, attaining full epic kit from karazhan when it first came out. But since that it started going down hill. Tthe decent developers have left the team and joined a new team to create Blizzards new MMO. I think blizzard have decided to milk WoW for all its worth ready for the new mmo when it comes out. Want proof? Why would blizzard put big advert on their homepage, they earn plenty from monthly subscriptions, why would they need the extra cash from an advert, no other mmo has them. What do you guys think?  

LOL. You think WoW is ending because of advertising? You have to understand that Activision is a business and their goal is to maximize profits. What better way to increase revenue then to sell advertising to the homepage of the most successful online game?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • el_muerteel_muerte Member Posts: 191

Firstly i would like to say that i really enjoyed my stint of WoW, it was great. I played for 2 years, attaining full epic kit from karazhan when it first came out. But since that it started going down hill.

Tthe decent developers have left the team and joined a new team to create Blizzards new MMO.

I think blizzard have decided to milk WoW for all its worth ready for the new mmo when it comes out.

Want proof?

What do you guys think?

That's like saying Apple is going out of business, because they have a giant iPhone ad on their homepage.  Or Coke is going out of business, because when you buy a case the logo is both ON the box and INSIDE, on EVERY can.

Then you backtrack a few posts down, saying WoW will "eventually" die out.  Congratulations on figuring out that old stuff gets replaced with new.  You know, I've got a vehicle.  A few years ago it was new, now it's older and I'll probably replace it in a few more years.  Is that "PROOF" that my vehicle is dying?  I don't think so.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Want proof?

What do you guys think?

I think that you are crazy.

UO still exists, EQ1 still exsists, SWG still exsists... these all came out before WoW and are less successful.

WOW IS NOT ENDING!

Proof:    Actavision Blizzard LIKES MONEY.

Wow GENERATES MONEY

Duh?

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

obvious troll is obvious, but apparently not to everyone :)

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• ozy1ozy1 Member Posts: 309

Want proof?

What do you guys think?

Sorry cant read retard...

Playing Darkfall EU1 Server

• CyberWizCyberWiz Member UncommonPosts: 914

What did this advertisement show? I only see a blank white square atm ...

If you are interested in subscription or PCU numbers for MMORPG's, check out my site :
    http://mmodata.blogspot.be/
    Favorite MMORPG's : DAoC pre ToA-NF, SWG Pre CU-NGE, EVE Online

• halteahaltea Member UncommonPosts: 95

Wow is dying, yes, its true. In the same way we're all dying since we were born.

• Hammertime1Hammertime1 Member Posts: 619

Want proof?

What do you guys think?

Definately one of the weaker troll posts lately.

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

This is like say.. "your all going to die some day, want proof?"

Blizzard has something.. lol many things up there sleve.. so lets hide and watch.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Want proof?

What do you guys think?

You are so right! Now, we only have to deal with those pesky players who dont realise this yet. That'll be your task.

Go and convert the nonbelieving WoWplayers! From now on you are known as Friar Guile of the Alu..Alunim..Alumnum..of the Shiney Tinfoil Hat Brotherhood!

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Well if WoW was dying and thus they  had to use advertisments....t then they are actively healing their wounds via the ads. Problem solved. WoW is safe again.. whew I was worried.

• DeStrukChunDeStrukChun Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by Archnagel

I think that Blizzard is a business, and businesses try their best to turn over the highest amount of profit they can. It's only logical to use their page for advertising.

Blizzard is definately good when it comes to money making which is why I would also agree