Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A little worried

2»

Comments

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814

Can we talk about being in beta now then? Or is that just if you say nice things about it?

• comerbcomerb Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by Wharg0ul

Originally posted by GamerDude5

its not that great...

I beg to differ.

Of course, for the theme-park loving connect-the-dots type, it might be a bit too much...

Actually, from what I've seen thats probably who will like it.  It's too carebear for a sandbox.  Too bad really, it had tons of potential if followed the Eve gameplay structure.

Originally posted by Flute

It's important to remember that Fallen Earth is still in beta (as in, a real beta not a "marketing hype beta").  They have not announced a release date yet, and have always said it would launch "when it is ready".  It's already addictive and fun, and if they keep improving from here and spend the time tweaking before they commit to a launch date, it will be a really great game.

I've played in countless betas.  I've never seen the gameplay change substantially enough  in one to make me change my mind one way or another.  A year or two after launch possibly, but never during beta.

• Mojito347Mojito347 Member Posts: 11

My only fear is that MMO gamers today are very impatient. Most are willing to try it for a few weeks and if they are not impressed or "hooked", they will most likely never come back. It is imperative that his game is released as completed as much as possible. If this game suffers from annoying bugs, and server instability, it will die, and die fast. MMO's have way too much competition, a new one will be released next month, and the month after. Creating customers who just dont have the time to give it a second chance.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183
    Originally posted by comerb

its not that great...

I beg to differ.

Of course, for the theme-park loving connect-the-dots type, it might be a bit too much...

Actually, from what I've seen thats probably who will like it.  It's too carebear for a sandbox.  Too bad really, it had tons of potential if followed the Eve gameplay structure.

...huh.....I guess I just don't see "carebear" in FE. It's not FFA  / Full loot, but we've got Darkfall and MO for that, man. FE's about as "carebear" as Pre-CU SWG was, really.....and I just don't consider that a "carebear" style game.

"carebear" is LOTRO, WoW, and all that other happy themepark horseshit, IMO.

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by GrumpyMel2

I'm not  a big fan of the Mad-Max genre.....which is about the only reason I'm not all pins and needles over this one. 

For me it's quite the opposite. I've been waiting for a PA game for the longest time. Nothing else has really lasted or there is too much overt sci-fi in them for my taste.

I'll probably play, even the if the game winds up being average. I'm just so sick and tired if the human-elf-dwarf crap and all its pathetic permutations.

• BesCirgaBesCirga Member Posts: 806

...huh.....I guess I just don't see "carebear" in FE. It's not FFA  / Full loot, but we've got Darkfall and MO for that, man. FE's about as "carebear" as Pre-CU SWG was, really.....and I just don't consider that a "carebear" style game.

Actually, from what I can tell, which is just from reading about this game, is that it seems to possess the normal theme-park aspects; Levels, quest grind, starter areas - low level areas - medium level areas - cap level areas type game, Leve cap content is crafting, gear grind and PvP. Correct me if im wrong, but this game screams theme-park, imo. 

Level/Skill hybrid based game isnt automatically a sandbox game...

• OzrykOzryk Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by Sandblox

FE has potential but needs time, without time it shall be without subs, with time and direction it could lead many MMO gamers to a radiation filled promised land. It is the time of wait...or....go, a point many games reach and many choose poorly, and as a result...well...no need to disturb the dead MMOs of life past.

There's no radiation filled promised land.

It's not Fallout.  No bombs went off to end the world.

• phc_docphc_doc Member Posts: 132

So from everything I have read here or elsewhere it sounds like -

-decent game world, grapics, story line is interesting

-awesome crafting potential, but caps force you to level (not sure on that?), alot of harvesting

-combat is a little twitchy (not a bad thing), but targetting and overall combat mechanic feels clunky

-theme park?  maybe an adult theme park, with very limited hand holding? 

-pvp???  no idea how that is

Overall it sounds like it has a good chance to find a niche.  Are they so far into developement at this point that they can't go back and do major work overs on things?  It will be interesting to read tester feedback when NDA lifts. 

its not that great...

I beg to differ.

It's just moderately less linear than either of those game's to be honest.  It gives a pretty good illusion of being a sandbox, but in all honesty its not.

Don't get me wrong, its a solid game, and I'm sure it will appeal to a chunk of PvE players who are sick of the high Fantasy genre.  The SWG crowd might like it, although its not nearly as complex or character inter-dependant as Pre-CU SWG(which was what I personally find appealing about that game). 

They have a lot of things that they need to work on, like any beta.  It has TON's of potential, but from what I've heard the dev's "concept" on a couple of -big-  issues is going the wrong way(imo).  They need to look a little more towards Eve Online and a little less towards WoW, and they'd have a real winner on their hands.

I'll be keeping my eye on it, and crossing my fingers.

• JonolinbJonolinb Member Posts: 66

its not that great...

I beg to differ.

It's just moderately less linear than either of those game's to be honest.  It gives a pretty good illusion of being a sandbox, but in all honesty its not.

Don't get me wrong, its a solid game, and I'm sure it will appeal to a chunk of PvE players who are sick of the high Fantasy genre.  The SWG crowd might like it, although its not nearly as complex or character inter-dependant as Pre-CU SWG(which was what I personally find appealing about that game). 

They have a lot of things that they need to work on, like any beta.  It has TON's of potential, but from what I've heard the dev's "concept" on a couple of -big-  issues is going the wrong way(imo).  They need to look a little more towards Eve Online and a little less towards WoW, and they'd have a real winner on their hands.

I'll be keeping my eye on it, and crossing my fingers.

This times 5,000. There's so much potential, but from what I've seen, it's not going to be as great as it could have been.

Edit: Screwed up the quote. D:<