Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a recommendation

TheMaelstromTheMaelstrom Member UncommonPosts: 393

I'm coming back to VG after a long hiatus due to work and real life obligations. I understand the game has progressed immensely (have several VG-dedicated friends) and that's great.

What I'd like some input on is which race / class to go for. My play time has been exceptionally limited lately, so I'm looking for a class that I can effectively solo with, especially tougher mobs. If it's also a sought-after grouping class, that's great. If not, I can live with it. The fact is I'll never be an active raiding player again, so I'm looking for something that will provide consistent amounts of fun w/o slowing me down too much in the leveling process.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions. I'm going to hit the Seradon server as soon as VG is done updating.

No godless person can comprehend those minute distinctions
in doctrine that provide true believers excuse for mayhem.
-Glen Cook

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by TheMaelstrom

I'm coming back to VG after a long hiatus due to work and real life obligations. I understand the game has progressed immensely (have several VG-dedicated friends) and that's great.
    What I'd like some input on is which race / class to go for. My play time has been exceptionally limited lately, so I'm looking for a class that I can effectively solo with, especially tougher mobs. If it's also a sought-after grouping class, that's great. If not, I can live with it. The fact is I'll never be an active raiding player again, so I'm looking for something that will provide consistent amounts of fun w/o slowing me down too much in the leveling process.
    Thanks in advance for your suggestions. I'm going to hit the Seradon server as soon as VG is done updating.

probably  good idea to read some info online on how to set up this game

cause i had issue running it smoothly

its probably avail online somewhere

but i skipped when i found out my budys were playing

other title

i followed them lol so didnt took the time to set up vg to experience it fully

very nice graphic by the way

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829

The necro is very good at soloing.With care, you can solo 3-dots several levels higher than you, without getting a scratch :)

I went with a Dark Elf, seems like a good match for a necro.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• astrob0yastrob0y Member Posts: 702

Dwarf ranger.

aoe enemies with ease. And if you are gonna pick a pet. dont take the eagler or the worf. go with the frog :D 

I7@4ghz, 5970@ 1 ghz/5ghz, water cooled||Former setups Byggblogg||Byggblogg 2|| Msi Wind u100

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Disciple is a solo machine. Can handle almost any boss that not insta kills.

• barhoombarhoom Member UncommonPosts: 29

Disciple , hands down

one of best soloer class , and can find grp easy as a healer. and so fun to play

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

I have been able to solo well with my dread knight and paladin.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TheMaelstromTheMaelstrom Member UncommonPosts: 393
    Originally posted by astrob0y

Dwarf ranger.
    aoe enemies with ease. And if you are gonna pick a pet. dont take the eagler or the worf. go with the frog :D 

I've actually never played a bow class - ever. I'm assuming you're being snarky and sarcastic about the pets.... lol. But can rangers in VG actually AoE?

-Glen Cook

• TruethTrueth Member Posts: 287

I'd ask those dedicated friends of yours about a class. Most people think Vangaurd has gotten worse.

• TheMaelstromTheMaelstrom Member UncommonPosts: 393
    Originally posted by Trueth

I'd ask those dedicated friends of yours about a class. Most people think Vangaurd has gotten worse.

It's my opinion that the people who think it has gotten worse haven't given it a fair shot. I played shortly after launch, and it was a train-wreck. Now though it's running beautifully w/o having to tweak my system to hell and back.

As for my friends, they were all out-of-town doing holiday stuff over the weekend and I didn't wanna interrupt them for gaming questions. I thought..... maybe..... a gaming forum could help answer some questions. imagine that....

-Glen Cook

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

Most of the classes can solo, like any game post-WoW.  However Disciples are very good.  I personally liked Monk and Necro for solo work.  Currently I am messing with a Cleric though.  I also levelled a Death Knight at one time and found it a decent soloer.

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553
    Originally posted by TheMaelstrom

The game is a night and day improvement over the way it was at launch.  Disciple is probably the most capable soloer, especially if you learn the class very well.