Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard Trademarks "Cataclysm"

2»

Comments

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462
    Originally posted by Xasapis

Lets hope they'll work on a graphics engine update. It's long past due.

I know WoW has a certain style, but I'd rather they adjust some of the character models. Do humans really have to be so chunky? Orcs too? Do Gnomes have to be disproportionate? Must Dwarves have massive feet, and Draenei, massive shoulders? Blood Elves are fine, they're sissies. Tauren, in my opinion, are the old models that look good (male Tauren... female, forget about it).

They could make Vykrul look awesome and non-chunky.

As for the graphics, they're at a level now where they can be maxed out for higher end computers but still run fairly well on lower end ones. WotLK used some nice new textures which I wouldn't mind seeing in Azeroth and Outland, such as the walls of Valiance Keep and some of the cliff/rock gravel.

Also, they better add dye. There's no good reason not to have it, except maybe the model skinners feel their work is too important to be "overwritten" by the players. Uh, sorry, but I don't want to be a rainbow warrior in purple, green, red, and a whole mess of other colors. They did a much better job in WotLK, in my opinion. Quasi-realistic armor and WoW mix well.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462
    Originally posted by Lille7

Originally posted by Arath

This has been reported on numerous sites so its not a question of whether its real or not, but what it means. In WoW lore the Cataclysm relates directly to the Great Sundering of the Well of Eternity which created the Maelstrom (the Emerald Dream is likely not large enough to build an entire expansion around it and could well be implemented as a raid instance in the next expansion instead). It could be the next WoW expansion which is due to be announced at Blizzcon, though it could also be the new IP that Blizzard have been working on. I'd wager its the expansion but I guess we won't know for sure until Blizzard says. 
    Personally I'd love a reveal on the new IP, since Kaplan moved to lead it, I'd expect that its become a more tangable game than many would like to believe (I am sure its been indevelopment for a good while though I suppose we might not hear anything until after Starcraft 2 comes out).

How can the Emerald Dream not be large enough to build an entire expansion around? The Emerald Dreams is how Azeroth would have been without the smart races, like elves/humans and such. How can you call that not large enough?

Also my bet is that it's the Maelstrom expac, hopefully it will include Kul'tiras and Gilneas too.

The Emerald Dream is already in WoW. There is a quest in which you travel there, sent by Keeper Romulos, to acquire magical acorns that will theoretically free a Paladin, on the verge of death, from the evil of the Scourge Plague.

You pinch yourself if you want to return to the physical world.

• ArathArath Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by Lille7

How can the Emerald Dream not be large enough to build an entire expansion around? The Emerald Dreams is how Azeroth would have been without the smart races, like elves/humans and such. How can you call that not large enough?

Also my bet is that it's the Maelstrom expac, hopefully it will include Kul'tiras and Gilneas too.

That is correct I don't believe the Emerald Dream has enough in it to construct an entire expansion around it. Sure as an area in lore it is large but gameplay wise I don't think Blizzard would be able to squeeze enough out of it to warrant a seperate expansion. I can see it being more along the lines of what we saw in the Isle of Quel'danas (a new zone with some raid instance within it). 

Of course I don't 'know' so it could be an expansion but I just don't see it being one, but more a big patch, especially considering what has been said about the area in the past by Blizzard (albeit minor hints). Either way I wouldn't mind whatever Blizzard does do with it.