Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So SWG is getting... ZOMBIES...

ObeeObee Member Posts: 1,550

Can anyone honestly believe that either LEC or SOE take the game seriously at this point?  Hell, even the EQ2 team were making cracks at SWG's expense (the NGE and Ewok Love Festival) at SOE's Fanfaire thingie.

Comments

• kefkahkefkah Member UncommonPosts: 832

The game has long since ceased being anything that resembled canon. It reminds me of some SW Fan Fiction that you find on a bad Myspace page complete with sparkly Vader bling.

Thing is the playerbase that remains tolerates it and perhaps enjoys it so they will keep going further and further away from the line that seperates immersion from clicky, bright Flash games found on the myraid of freebie websites out there.

Next up, guest crossover appearances. How long before Scooby Doo and Don Knotts make an appearance?

• Nomis278Nomis278 Member UncommonPosts: 126

Zombies? Link please, I fancy a laugh..

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

Darth Vader + Hello Kitty = AWESOME.

AWESOME + ZOMBIES = Divide by Zero Error

Originally posted by Nomis278

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?&topic_id=943351

Somebody cue the Zombie Nation Stadium Chant Remix!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOUgGA0lsog

• ArcAngel3ArcAngel3 Member Posts: 2,931
    Originally posted by kefkah

Originally posted by Nomis278

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?&topic_id=943351

Somebody cue the Zombie Nation Stadium Chant Remix!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOUgGA0lsog

Zombies and more RMT loot for people to gamble for I heard.  At this point, I often wonder if the game is really a sick joke at the remaining players' expense, or maybe a marketting experiment to see how much money you can suck out of people by giving them crap and having them buy booster packs for a card game they may not even play.

• SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383

Next up, guest crossover appearances. How long before Scooby Doo and Don Knotts make an appearance?

rofl!

Now that might be worth subscribing for! 

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Zombies should go well with their skeleton crew.

*bada-BING*

• GutboyGutboy Member Posts: 630

The publish before the "zombies" arrive will be a new npc city under Imperial control. When October rolls around and the new book (the book is a EU zombie novel that is under cross promotion) the city will change to having the populaton change into zombies.

It is designed for every increasing levels of toughness designed for solo play until you get the main bunker which will require group play.

I like the addition of a new city, as far as zombies go, meh but I understand the desire to cross promote the novel and the game.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Gutboy

The publish before the "zombies" arrive will be a new npc city under Imperial control. When October rolls around and the new book (the book is a EU zombie novel that is under cross promotion) the city will change to having the populaton change into zombies.
    It is designed for every increasing levels of toughness designed for solo play until you get the main bunker which will require group play.
    I like the addition of a new city, as far as zombies go, meh but I understand the desire to cross promote the novel and the game.

Interesting, I guess it makes a little more sense with the novel. The wiki also points out how it fits into lore, considering the many novels they have been referrenced in. Still it's kinda like having pizza with ice cream as a topping, both might be yummy yet together they may not fit together so nicely.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ObeeObee Member Posts: 1,550

Interestingly enough, LEC aren't responsible for zombies being added to SWG, it was SOE:

"Death Troopers

Updates 14 and 15 will focus on content inspired by Lucasfilm’s new book, published by Random House, and coming out October 13th of this year: Death Troopers. This is a novel I found out about early in the year and I started talks with LucasArts about bringing content inspired by that book into our game. It was not the only EU story that we pursued tying into but, after reading it, Loche and I both thought that it was by far the best and worthy of becoming a permanent addition; not just a holiday item."

forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m

Originally posted by Obee

Interestingly enough, LEC aren't responsible for zombies being added to SWG, it was SOE:
    "Death Troopers

Updates 14 and 15 will focus on content inspired by Lucasfilm’s new book, published by Random House, and coming out October 13th of this year: Death Troopers. This is a novel I found out about early in the year and I started talks with LucasArts about bringing content inspired by that book into our game. It was not the only EU story that we pursued tying into but, after reading it, Loche and I both thought that it was by far the best and worthy of becoming a permanent addition; not just a holiday item."
    forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m

If anything it makes me want to read that book, It would for sure be more engrossing and run at a faster pace.

• EbenEmaelEbenEmael Member Posts: 334

The game has long since ceased being anything that resembled canon. It reminds me of some SW Fan Fiction that you find on a bad Myspace page complete with sparkly Vader bling.
    Thing is the playerbase that remains tolerates it and perhaps enjoys it so they will keep going further and further away from the line that seperates immersion from clicky, bright Flash games found on the myraid of freebie websites out there.

I would not say that the players tolerate it. When zombies were announced on the SWG OBoards there was and still is a huge outcry about it. SOE is going to do what they want no matter what the players say about it. The only thing that players can do is unsub.

The game is trash and is getting worse. I'm waiting for the Vader Disco Lounge addon...

• Coldrain_13Coldrain_13 Member Posts: 107

I'm not going to lie, I'm looking forward to this. pre-cu players don't bash me plz........I mean it's wookiee zombies...c'mon!

Nah, I can't bash you for it. Clearly, you have chosen to play this game for what it is now. That is entirely your right.

Still zombies? What about vampires? How about a werewolf wookie? You know, that works in reverse. Instead of getting hairy, it loses its fur and turns into a serial killer human. Hey I may be onto something here. Since Lucas is allowing practically anything to be written into his universe - getting the rights to have a Twilight meets Star Wars crossover should be a breeze. 

And lastly, it comes to me as no surprise that this was SOE's idea.

• viralzviralz Member Posts: 78

Nah, I can't bash you for it. Clearly, you have chosen to play this game for what it is now. That is entirely your right.
    Still zombies? What about vampires? How about a werewolf wookie? You know, that works in reverse. Instead of getting hairy, it loses its fur and turns into a serial killer human. Hey I may be onto something here. Since Lucas is allowing practically anything to be written into his universe - getting the rights to have a Twilight meets Star Wars crossover should be a breeze. 

next it will be superheroes. no need for a falcon now han solo flies through space with a cape!

• ArcAngel3ArcAngel3 Member Posts: 2,931

Tbh since the end of the Yuuzhan Vong series, I think the Star Wars fiction has gone down hill as well.  At this point, I find I really only enjoy the books by Karen Traviss.  Her stuff is excellent imo.  She's a very talented/gifted writer, and her military experience shines through her work; I really enjoy that.

So, tbh, it's not really a surprise that both the ficiton and SWG are getting zombies.  It looks like they're running dry creatively.  This is the reason some t.v. series get ugly going into their twilight years.  They should have called it quits when they were on top of their game.

SWG never really seemed to get to the top of its game, and then it went down hill.  Now it's just ugliness with some elements that remind me of things I enjoyed as a kid.  Tbh, at this point I'd rather just treasure those memories and avoid having them assoicated with SWG or SOE.

• smugglaprosmugglapro Member UncommonPosts: 47

Meh, the EU bites ass from Vector Prime on.

Zombies?  God, they'll do anything with that steaming pile of fecal spew, now, won't they?

I'll say it again.  What a fucking joke.  Fail on a level never before encountered by mortal man.

Who the hell do they think they are?  Marvel? Romero? 

This is almost as ridiculous as Ewok Cherubs or 30-foot tall wampa raid bosses or At-Sts that I could PMD to the floor.

Makes me wonder what kind of "mad sticky" they're smoking out there.

Yes, I have anger issues. They taste like chocolate bunnies.

• kazmokazmo Member Posts: 715

Let me just say that, I myself am not a grizzled SWG vet. I sampled it a bit during it's prime, but only for kicks. I've seen a little of the new SWG, but the game doesn't interest me.

Now, I'd just like to express my deepest sympathies to all you refugees who are forced to witness the ongoing train wreck.

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

Can't go wrong with Zombies.  The more this game resembles Fallout the better.  I don't remember which Star Wars movie had Zombies though...  Maybe "The Empire Strikes Back"...  Oh wait... 

It's been obvious for years that SOE can do little to nothing to actually FIX the game, so 7 years later it's all still window-dressing.

Will Zombies increase the population of SWG?  Absolutely not.  Will they give the current players something to do for a week or so?  Probably...

This game is a debacle, an absolute debacle, but as long as suckers will pay to play it you gotta give SOE props for packaging a turd and selling it to them.

Tecmo Bowl.

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

What a pile of shit. There I said it. 

Originally posted by Thunderous

Can't go wrong with Zombies.  The more this game resembles Fallout the better.  I don't remember which Star Wars movie had Zombies though...  Maybe "The Empire Strikes Back"...  Oh wait... 
    It's been obvious for years that SOE can do little to nothing to actually FIX the game, so 7 years later it's all still window-dressing.
    Will Zombies increase the population of SWG?  Absolutely not.  Will they give the current players something to do for a week or so?  Probably...
    This game is a debacle, an absolute debacle, but as long as suckers will pay to play it you gotta give SOE props for packaging a turd and selling it to them.

Judging this idea compared to feedback thus far, SOE and Lucas sure as hell can.

• tman5tman5 Member Posts: 604
    Originally posted by Thunderous

Actually, the last three films were filled with zombies.  There was Anikan and Padme and to a large part Obiwan . . .

To be fair, I guess there's some precedence to zombies in LucasLand:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zombie

The only thing Lucas is missing these days is a lamp post.

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897
    Originally posted by viralz

next it will be superheroes. no need for a falcon now han solo flies through space with a cape!

Will that be a booster pack only item? the cape that is.

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897

I am holding out for the vampires lol then i will resub rofl

• SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383
    Originally posted by Mathos

I am holding out for the vampires lol then i will resub rofl

Why wait til then when this game already bites and sucks   :)