Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Minnesota Supreme Court rules for Franken

clwoodsclwoods Member Posts: 625

Title pretty much says it all.  Article is here

Comments

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

About freakin' time they settled this. Seven months, what a fiasco for the people of Minnesota.

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Dems have full power.. they cant blame the GOP for anything now.

• SargothSargoth Member Posts: 558
    Originally posted by Precusor

Sure they can.  It's the best time for the dems.  If anything goes wrong, it was the GOP that set it up and if things go right, they did it all. 

When a piscating wizard floods every thread I can understand why people leave.

• FishermageFishermage Member Posts: 7,562

Yup, and Republicans are crying "stolen elections," the same crap the Democrats pulled when Bush won in Florida. Oy vey.

I hope this settles it -- but I believe Colman can still appeal.

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306
    Originally posted by Sargoth

Originally posted by Precusor

Sure they can.  It's the best time for the dems.  If anything goes wrong, it was the GOP that set it up and if things go right, they did it all. 

And that would differ from every other term in what way?

Republicans still blame Clinton for nearly everything that went wrong during the Bush terms, OR credit the republican congress for anything that went right. Go back to the prosperous years of Clinton and they credit the Reagan agenda for it all.

Tell you what, if the dems keep control of both houses and things are worse 4 years from now than they are today, I'll agree it was all the dems fault.

• frodusfrodus Member Posts: 2,396

Comrade Colman should have quit a long time ago..just about every ruling has been against him.

Hey,, Hey....HO,, HO Colman gotts to go.

I just don't see how its been of any benefit to him the party or his state.

Their are so lucky,if I was in charge of Republicans ! I would get every one of them and we would all go home until the next election,and just sit back and watch the Dem's "Loseit" from afar..

The last time their was this much talk about Secession was when we left the mother-land.its every where. 

Trade in material assumptions for spiritual facts and make permanent progress.

• SabiancymSabiancym Member UncommonPosts: 3,150
  • olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356
    Originally posted by frodus

The last time their was this much talk about Secession was when we left the mother-land.its every where.  

Why secede, why not just roll tanks down Pennsylvania Avenue and effect a "regime change"?

Originally posted by olddaddy

Why secede, why not just roll tanks down Pennsylvania Avenue and effect a "regime change"?

Damn gas is just to high...and it just all round cheaper just to take our toys and go home like the children we have become.

Check this out,Romney's Ratings Up; Palin Still Polarizing latest pew poll out

I honestly wouldn't be suprised if some organized right-wing militia formed with the intent on "taking back the country."

They claim to defend democracy and the will of the people, until they are voted out of power.  Then the whole "will of the people" thing goes out the window.

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

Damn gas is just to high...and it just all round cheaper just to take our toys and go home like the children we have become.

Personally, I feel that had Mitt Romney been the Republican nominee for President he would have drawn in alot of independant voters and middle of the road democrats, thus becoming the President of the United States.

There is no doubt in my mind that the hand at the helm would have been much steadier, and better at navigation.

Originally posted by Sabiancym

I honestly wouldn't be suprised if some organized right-wing militia formed with the intent on "taking back the country."
    They claim to defend democracy and the will of the people, until they are voted out of power.  Then the whole "will of the people" thing goes out the window.

The Government is so far up every body's ass it wouldn't get off the ground.Don't get wrong i was just stating a fact that the talk of Secession has become vary popular as of late.We as Americans don't take to the streets with guns to change what can be done at the ballot box.

But Obama's stimulus has worked out great... guns sales are up 38%...

• Dis_OrdurDis_Ordur Member Posts: 1,501

YAY, my state is no longer a running joke.

Coleman just conceded, FYI.  Our governer has probably already issued election certificate.  This whole ordeal lasted through 4 seasons :(

First a wrestler, now a comedian.  At least we keep things interesting here in the land of 10,000 lakes.

Personally, I feel that had Mitt Romney been the Republican nominee for President he would have drawn in alot of independant voters and middle of the road democrats, thus becoming the President of the United States.

There is no doubt in my mind that the hand at the helm would have been much steadier, and better at navigation.

Yes,Yes and Yes,hind site has come back to bite us,after The Sanford fiasco and some other's i just can't help thinking ! that Romany is some-where Laughing his is ass off,he seems to be vary quiet of late.

Reminds me of when the party put Dole up...

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042
    Originally posted by Dis_Ordur
    First a wrestler, now a comedian.  At least we keep things interesting here in the land of 10,000 lakes.

To be fair, he was political comedian most of his career. It would be more surprising to see him not in office somewhere.

The Government is so far up every body's ass it wouldn't get off the ground.Don't get wrong i was just stating a fact that the talk of Secession has become vary popular as of late.We as Americans don't take to the streets with guns to change what can be done at the ballot box.

I don't hear of secession anywhere but talk radio.  So it's not all that popular.  Even the most hardcore conservatives I know don't go that far.

I don't hear of secession anywhere but talk radio.  So it's not all that popular.  Even the most hardcore conservatives I know don't go that far.

Vermont is not a conservative state,many independents are saying the same-thing.This is just a side effect of a out of touch Goverment.

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306

From my experience, about 90% of extremists think they are moderates.

BTW, still my favorite Franken clip!

• PorfatPorfat Member Posts: 364
    Originally posted by DailyBuzz

From my experience, about 90% of extremists think they are moderates.

BTW, still my favorite Franken clip!

Do you think you're a moderate?

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

What do you mean?  Al Franken is now a US Senator.  That is the joke.  Man, this country's standards are really slipping.

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042
    Originally posted by Zindaihas

What do you mean?  Al Franken is now a US Senator.  That is the joke.  Man, this country's standards are really slipping.

He attended Harvard College and graduated cum laude in 1973 with a bachelor of arts degree in political science. He seems more qualified for the position then most politicians and ex-presidents.

Originally posted by protoroc

Originally posted by Zindaihas

He attended Harvard College and graduated cum laude in 1973 with a bachelor of arts degree in political science. He seems more qualified for the position then most politicians and ex-presidents.

But he's never been a cattle rancher , priest, or been involved in the oil business......he's obviously not qualified.

• FishermageFishermage Member Posts: 7,562

Well, even though I disagree with him strongly on many issues, I think it's one of the greatest things about our country that someone can rise from comedian to senator, actor to president, and so on.

We were MEANT to have a citizen-legislature and not a professional governing class.

I wish him well, and I hope he does a good job in office.

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Plus they loot and riot if they disagree with a jury's verdict.

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202
    Originally posted by Fishermage

Yup, and Republicans are crying "stolen elections," the same crap the Democrats pulled when Bush won in Florida. Oy vey.
    I hope this settles it -- but I believe Colman can still appeal.

It took what 8 recounts for Franken to take the lead? I thought this was crap to begin with. New votes just kept coming out of nowhere.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD