Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suckish MMOs

Okay, first of all, i kno people have posted something like this before, probably, idk. but like i can't get over it! I've been playing MMOs for a few years now and i cant help to notice once thing: the same boring, lousy, unfinished, lazy graphics. I haven't played any MMOs for the last few weeks , just cuz of this fact. Not only do the graphics piss me off, but the gameplay. I know the slow, "strategic" type of gameplay makes an MMO an MMO, but I think we need to change that. I really think that MMOs should be more fast-paced, exciting, pulse-pounding, like a FPS on an XBOX 360 or the PS3. I can't wait tho for games that will come out that are graphically amazing, and fast-paced like:

Aion

Continent of the Ninth

Tera

Argo

Dragon Nest

Huxley

Soul of the Ultimate Nation

Blade and Soul

Global Agenda

Champions Online

Comments

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

What you're asking for is an MMOFPS- fine with me, but I don't want to change MMORPG's into that.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • VowOfSilenceVowOfSilence Member UncommonPosts: 565

this will be a funny thread.

Hype train -> Reality

• Zlayer77Zlayer77 Member Posts: 826
    Originally posted by aerocrombie

Okay, first of all, i kno people have posted something like this before, probably, idk. but like i can't get over it! I've been playing MMOs for a few years now and i cant help to notice once thing: the same boring, lousy, unfinished, lazy graphics. I haven't played any MMOs for the last few weeks , just cuz of this fact. Not only do the graphics piss me off, but the gameplay. I know the slow, "strategic" type of gameplay makes an MMO an MMO, but I think we need to change that. I really think that MMOs should be more fast-paced, exciting, pulse-pounding, like a FPS on an XBOX 360 or the PS3. I can't wait tho for games that will come out that are graphically amazing, and fast-paced like:
    Aion = same mechanics we have seen a thousand times before, no revolution here mate!
    Continent of the Ninth= never heard of guess its a  free to play one?
    Tera = again another mostly unknown one, so lets not expect to mush
    Argo = Who?
    Dragon Nest = F2P? 
    Huxley = FPS shooter okey this one is trying something diffrent, but heavy instanced I dont see it going far from the Undreal death match engine the fuels it? dont get your hopes up...
    Soul of the Ultimate Nation = where did you find this one? never heard of it, Im guessing Asian, F2P, low budget?
    Blade and Soul = its NCsoft, they wont do to mush to rock the boat, they have thier trusty fanbase to look out for.
    Global Agenda = Looks strange is this realy gona be an MMO? Looks diffrent I will give you that
    Champions Online = Okey this one might actualy have some potential, with Bill Roper onboard anything can happen. Dont think we will see anything to extream, but it might supries enough to feel fresh and new. 

• arcdevilarcdevil Member Posts: 864

^

He didnt mention "groundbreaking concepts" "never seen" nor "shaking the foundations of the genre"

he said: amazing graphics and fast paced. all those (at least the ones i heard about) fit that requirements.

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

I'm definitely waiting to see how Blade & Soul comes out.  It looks like the most fast paced one of them all.  I really hope it plays the way it looks in the videos, because it looks like it will be real fun.  Tera & Continent of the Ninth also look good, but Blade and Soul looked the best out of the 3.  I'm sick of the same old MMO formula devs have been using for years.  I will play Aion to endgame and find out if I will stick with it.  If not, I think I'm done with MMOs until someone brings some action/fighter combat to the genre (but I'm an addict!  which sucks). 

• TorikTorik Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

My prefernce has always been MMOs that rely more on skill rather than 'twitch' so I want more slower-paced, tactical mmorpg.

• Carl132pCarl132p Member UncommonPosts: 538
    Originally posted by Torik

My prefernce has always been MMOs that rely more on skill rather than 'twitch' so I want more slower-paced, tactical mmorpg.

what do you think twitch is? Have you ever thought about how with an increase in speed you have to think faster and be better?

This stuff wouldn't be true twitch anyway, don't kid yourself  CS:source is twitch these games are not unless you are the archer or mage.

Aiming is more skill than auto target so you can drop the slower is more skillful shtick  but i WILL allow you (: P) to enjoy slower games more than fast ones.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Aion
    Continent of the Ninth
    Tera
    Argo
    Dragon Nest
    Huxley
    Soul of the Ultimate Nation
    Blade and Soul
    Global Agenda
    Champions Online

No. You mean:

DCU

APB

Guildwars 2

TOR

WoDO

Champions online is really neither fast paced or with good graphics, just compare any video shot with DCU. It also have no PvP. It is just a CoH with better graphics.

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

I agree DCU does look pretty fast paced, and throwing stuff should be kind of fun.  I haven't seen any footage of GW2, but when I tried GW it didn't really seem fast to me.   The clips I saw from TOR didn't look fast either, but I haven't really been following it, so I probably didn't see enough.  Also, what's WoDo? 

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Zlayer77

Aion = same mechanics we have seen a thousand times before, no revolution here mate!  (Whats worse is how un origional this argument is... You probably havn't even touched the game and you just spout off what everyone else is saying about it like a parot)

Continent of the Ninth= never heard of guess its a  free to play one? (Try google, it answers questions you have!  CoN is a game that is not out yet, there is little information on it except that it plays like Dynasty warriors because it has no "targeting" system)

Tera = again another mostly unknown one, so lets not expect to mush (Yes, lets hate things we don't even know anything about, this is very flawed logic, it seems like you just want to argue for the sake of it)

Argo = Who?  (Again, Google, it makes you informed and not seem like you are just trying to argue)

Dragon Nest = F2P? 
    Huxley = FPS shooter okey this one is trying something diffrent, but heavy instanced I dont see it going far from the Undreal death match engine the fuels it? dont get your hopes up...
    Soul of the Ultimate Nation = where did you find this one? never heard of it, Im guessing Asian, F2P, low budget?
    Blade and Soul = its NCsoft, they wont do to mush to rock the boat, they have thier trusty fanbase to look out for.  (Blah blah I hate NCSoft for no given reason except that I reconize that game is made by them, the author must not realize that Aion is made by NCsoft too..  Why do people set up games to fail because they dislike game makers?)

Global Agenda = Looks strange is this realy gona be an MMO? Looks diffrent I will give you that
    Champions Online = Okey this one might actualy have some potential, with Bill Roper onboard anything can happen. Dont think we will see anything to extream, but it might supries enough to feel fresh and new. 

If people just bothered to gather information before they flamed others for no reason what so ever....  World would be happy place.

Imagine that the only game the author likes that is listed is the one that he has in his signature.  Hilarious.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    Originally posted by bleyzwun

I agree DCU does look pretty fast paced, and throwing stuff should be kind of fun.  I haven't seen any footage of GW2, but when I tried GW it didn't really seem fast to me.   The clips I saw from TOR didn't look fast either, but I haven't really been following it, so I probably didn't see enough.  Also, what's WoDo? 

GW pvp is pretty fast paced. One of the complaints I have heard from new players was that it was too fast.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

TO OP:

Ironically when it comes to graphics Aion is an EXACT example of what pisses me off graphically.

No more WoW colors please!

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• TorikTorik Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by Carl132p

what do you think twitch is? Have you ever thought about how with an increase in speed you have to think faster and be better?

This stuff wouldn't be true twitch anyway, don't kid yourself  CS:source is twitch these games are not unless you are the archer or mage.

Aiming is more skill than auto target so you can drop the slower is more skillful shtick  but i WILL allow you (: P) to enjoy slower games more than fast ones.

I generally do not consider relying on natural talents to be 'skill'.  Skill to me is when you learn to compensate for when your natural talents are not enough to overcome a challenge.  You acquire skill through practice, discipline and repetition.  Thinking faster does not always equal thinking better.  Slower paced action allows us to seperate those who rely primarily on their natural talents and those who rely on acquired skill.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Originally posted by Carl132p

I generally do not consider relying on natural talents to be 'skill'.  Skill to me is when you learn to compensate for when your natural talents are not enough to overcome a challenge.  You acquire skill through practice, discipline and repetition.  Thinking faster does not always equal thinking better.  Slower paced action allows us to seperate those who rely primarily on their natural talents and those who rely on acquired skill.

Terms help here I think.

Twitch = reflexes

Tactics = analytical skills

Twitch skills DO require some tactics but the planning and mental process of a turn based game like say Slient Storm is very different than the "skills" develop for a twitch game

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• doobsterdoobster Member Posts: 736

try-hard troll is trying to hard