Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should i resub

jimmy123jimmy123 Member UncommonPosts: 314

I left AoC a couple of months ago,  coz i was getting bored after playing for 12 months.

Isit worth playing again after this new patch ?

Btw i havnt got a Demo or a necro ^^

lvl80 Sin,  ToS,  PoM & lvl68 HoX

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

There track record says " Let the Buyer Beware " in my opion if you left once you will leave again.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • HyakuHyaku Member Posts: 4

you are probably just curious about the change but i am pretty sure you'll get bored after 2 weeks of playing.. i am not saying the game is not good... i am just thinking that if you quitted because you felt bored couple months ago, then you'll probably feel bored even there is new content and changes on item stats... it's still the same game.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Tarantia Commons is alot of fun atm even for level 80s. You would definitely get some playtime in there. However, the new raids are not coming until 1.06. Still, so far I am enjoying the patch.

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

i had left the game in nov , tried out for amonth in feb and reactivated my account now,

1st thing is thier are lot of good pve quests for all levels I am enjoying the quest at ymirs pass at level 59.

Combos have been reduced , as I was a BEarShaman micro management was hell so I welcome the reduction in combos.

My guildies are lvl 80 and they have lot of stuff to do

Biggest suprise was the guild city now its not dead and  vacant it s filled with pifgeons, cats ,whores , thiefs ,lords etc a nice touch

most of the bugs are out the game looks polished

Also if you have a toon above 50 u get a 1 time free option of directly making a lvl 50 toon of any profession on any server .That is great most of the people have availed this free 50 lvl toon offer

P.s join PVP server i u like PVP stuff

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

There track record says " Let the Buyer Beware " in my opion if you left once you will leave again.

Lol ofc he will leave again, nobody plays a game forever do they?

Game has improved and now would be the time to come back, not sure, try the trial.

You can make level 10 in an hour, and a few hour later you can be out of Tortage, so you can really see what the game is like.

The servers are really populated at the moment as well, since the 1.05 patch a lot peeps are back to see what it is like.

• kriebloodkrieblood Member Posts: 223
    Originally posted by jimmy123

I left AoC a couple of months ago,  coz i was getting bored after playing for 12 months.
    Isit worth playing again after this new patch ?
    Btw i havnt got a Demo or a necro ^^
    lvl80 Sin,  ToS,  PoM & lvl68 HoX

No dont bother save your money for Mortal Online. youll like it more.

Mortal Online/EarthRise/Project V13
    TheVindicators.com

• kriebloodkrieblood Member Posts: 223
    Originally posted by VultureSkull

Originally posted by Elsabolts

Lol ofc he will leave again, nobody plays a game forever do they?

Game has improved and now would be the time to come back, not sure, try the trial.

You can make level 10 in an hour, and a few hour later you can be out of Tortage, so you can really see what the game is like.

The servers are really populated at the moment as well, since the 1.05 patch a lot peeps are back to see what it is like.

There are people who still play L2 like it just came out. Hell there still devoted EQ players that hav played and still play since Beta of EQ. Most of them havent even tried another game there so devoted.

So yeah you find the right game that fits you like a glove your gonna stick around.

Aion/Mortal are what im looking forward to if they fail im done with MMO's till Blade and Soul.

But Aion going to go Gold and i feel that same for Mortal cuz they actually did a wonderful job on this game but its still to early to tell on MO but Aion i play and have played for a little bit now on CAion its 5 stars.

Mortal Online/EarthRise/Project V13
    TheVindicators.com

• krityckrityc Member UncommonPosts: 175

Should you, No.

[(T+G=W)=Gr*Nf]-S=FoF
    T=Time G=Gear W=Win Gr=Grind Nf=NoFun S=Skill FoF=FullofFail

"Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's azz by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?" - Tommy Boy

• Reion1Reion1 Member UncommonPosts: 178

Should you listen to these haters, absolutely not.  Should you resub, I think so.

What I don't understand are pepole who cry and cry about a video game, because they got "burned" a year ago?  It's a video game, video games get patched, video games get better.  

You could cry about a virtual world for years, but my point about this virtual world is that funcom has indeed improved it. And if most of you haters even played the game since launch you would know that. So, cry all you want because I know that's the latest trend next to X vs WoW threads, but in the end of the day when you reflect understand that it is like all MMOs are just video games.

I miss the good old days when people played video games just to play it without seeking for some sort of permission from other players.

"Everything the light touches is our kingdom" -- Mufasa
    ---

• KrayzjoelKrayzjoel Member Posts: 906

Ive been resubbed for couple  months now and having a blast. The game is alot better now that they've fixed alot of things. There are a few things they could work on but it hasnt made me want to leave.

Yes you should resub :)

Played : WOW, LOTRO, COH/COV, EQ2, SWG, and WAR.
    Playing EVE Online and AOC.
    Wtg for SW:TOR and WOD

• Sigurd57Sigurd57 Member UncommonPosts: 347

Resub.   I did and am enjoying it.

I joke that it is the best "Single Player Subscription Game" out there. 

I think it's more the fault of my play style and unwillingness to deal with people, but I've been solo playing through it all. 

I am enjoying solo questing (lvl 77 Assassin atm)  the new area is entertaining (despite my inability to not fall off a roof every 3 minutes and die...  yes, I'm the worst assassin EVER.)

It is at least an entertaining play for a time.  Even if you sub for one month just to check out the new area, it would be worth it.

Hey TSW Players http://www.unfair.co/ for Mission guides, Lore Locations and stuff....

• jimmy123jimmy123 Member UncommonPosts: 314

Well i resubbed, and as someone pointed out not much has a changed.

I need more end game content

• OyjordOyjord Member UncommonPosts: 568
    Originally posted by jimmy123

I need more end game content

This was what I was going to ask about.  End game content.  WAR has scenarios, and INF rewards in each racial tier, and forts and keeps to take, and fun gear sets to complete...all very fun, and all available to the small guild or even soloer.

Does AoC have anything like this?  On a Core server, is there still constant PvP to enjoy even IF you're not in a large guild?

• TedronaiTedronai Member UncommonPosts: 67

Also thinking of resubbing, mostly because I'm annoyed/bored with wow.. A good a reason as any I guess..

How has the itematization in the game changed? I remember that stats on items very very odd and didnt make much sense earlier with very small differences between them. A fact that I really disliked, but I've heard (mostly) good things since patch so maybe I should join u all other resubbers =)

//T

• SabradinSabradin Member Posts: 772
    Originally posted by Hyaku

you are probably just curious about the change but i am pretty sure you'll get bored after 2 weeks of playing.. i am not saying the game is not good... i am just thinking that if you quitted because you felt bored couple months ago, then you'll probably feel bored even there is new content and changes on item stats... it's still the same game.

qft

This is the reason I downloaded the trial.  Got to 80 last June/July and quit soon after.  I didn't leave in a big GAH!  I although I was kinda pissed.  I cancelled my account cuz I honestly didn't find myself playing the game.

"Its still the same game."

Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

OP:

no point resubbing just yet, as the trial is unrestricted.  Roll a necro or a demo and check out a pve server.  demo is one of the more entertaining classes to roll, especially in raids and pvp, and both the necro and demo solo nicely.

Remember the new patch really only pissed off vets who had to rework everything on a lot of their max level characters....many didnt like having to think that through and figure out whats really changed.  New and people who like messing with builds wont feel the effects of certain skill nerfs/cooldown increases and the loot effect rework.

just be sure you understand exactly what to expect rolling a high pop pvp server...