Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Chronicles of Spellborn going to shut down.... /moved

13»

Comments

• darkedone02darkedone02 Member UncommonPosts: 581

I knew this game will not be very seccessful, the time that I was beta testing this game, there hardly any people outside. the game combat system get boring after a while. this game should not hve gone p2p anyways due to how much this game has not gain much fame, and how... boring it get's.

• tamanendtamanend Member Posts: 11

i doubt i'll ever understand why people on these forums take such glee in the failures of games they dont even play.

didn't like a game?  great.  i'd hope you'd have something better to do with your time than attempt to annoy those players who don't agree with you.  

i hope that those of you getting a such a kick out of this game's demise will learn to have your own opinions someday, without needing to validate them by belittling and denigrating those who dont feel the same.  you like something?  great.  let your OPINION stand on its own merits.   i'd like to remind people how boring this world would be if there was only one type of music, one type of movie, one type of game and one type of taste. 

-------------------------

i loved spellborn.  it was visually stunning, had fantastic, fluid combat, a very intelligent skill system and one of the best video game soundtracks i've ever heard.  fast paced, cleverly written and full of style and character that made the world come to life for me. 

i'm sad that its publishing deals (some of the most ridiculous and counter-productive i've seen) have lead it down this road. 

that being said, i'm not discounting it yet.  i'll continue to play.  it offers things i dont get while playing the other MMOs i subscribe to (AoC, LOTRO, EVE, DFO, DDO - which has also gone F2P, and CoH).   when spellborn comes out of its cocoon as a F2P game, i'll still be interested to see what's left of it.   

(i tend not to have a fond view of F2P games, but they might be the unavoidable reality of a good number of niche market games in the near future.)

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Cybercat

Originally posted by arcdevil

Originally posted by Cybercat

Did you even play the game? Or you maybe tried it and found you lack "gud ole stuff" like autto attack at lvl 3 and rage quit? Only good thing I see about WoW is that it somewhat keeps kiddies on one place instead having them pollute some other games.

Calling a game "garbage" without obviously having a single clue about it says more about you than the game and community you try to spit on.

i dont play WoW, and i did play TCoS. and "gud ole stuff" involves a bit more than autoattack,like a decent PvP system, or working skills, or meaningful-challenging PvE, or a damn endgame

but if you played TCoS i doubt you can understand what  "gud olde stuff" means since TCoS had none of that...actually had none of anything but crap.

now all your baseless assumptions missed the mark, please feel free to get back to your usual failing.

Such an angry little boy arent you?

Here is another assumption - none ever took some trouble to teach you the difference between the facts and opinion.

The fact - Spellborn is dead, have some decency and let it rest in peace.

Opinion - you think the game is bad, I think its good. The only proper way to express your opinion to matter anything is to have respect for other peoples opinions, even if they disagree with you.

The only real failure I see here are your manners.

Calling someone a little boy and then "correcting" them for their manners? lol

Fact: the only thing "innovative" about Spellborn was they put the hotbars on a wheel. Yeah, real genre refiining there.

People liked it, and that's fine. But trying to constantly give a game more credit than it is due to  make it seem "better" than other games when in fact it had very little different from those other games you're so desperate to set it aside from is pretty funny, at the very least.

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

This really disappoints me. The game needed some polish, all new games do, but it really had an interesting art style and the story was great. There was a lot of love put behind this project. I agree that the biggest tradgedy here is that it's another big knock against creativity in MMOs and is only going to reinforce the downward spiral of dumbing down we've been seeing. Is it really so wrong to want complexity and originality in your MMO? 

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• fcazaresfcazares Member Posts: 190
    Originally posted by Kordesh

This really disappoints me. The game needed some polish, all new games do, but it really had an interesting art style and the story was great. There was a lot of love put behind this project. I agree that the biggest tradgedy here is that it's another big knock against creativity in MMOs and is only going to reinforce the downward spiral of dumbing down we've been seeing. Is it really so wrong to want complexity and originality in your MMO? 

Yes. People are dumb. Even the government knows this hence why they mandate all public correspondences are to be made at the 10th grade reading level which is the average for an American. Complex and origional does not sell well and the business is about making money. People are picky, especially in hard times, and they will choose the game thats the easiest to get to some fun without thinking. WoW is huge because its rediculously cartoonish and dumb.

• CybercatCybercat Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by Zorvan

Calling someone a little boy and then "correcting" them for their manners? lol

Fact: the only thing "innovative" about Spellborn was they put the hotbars on a wheel. Yeah, real genre refiining there.

People liked it, and that's fine. But trying to constantly give a game more credit than it is due to  make it seem "better" than other games when in fact it had very little different from those other games you're so desperate to set it aside from is pretty funny, at the very least.

I am sure if your favorite game (whatever you find fun and love to play, subjectively you know because its all matter of our preferences, even emotions) was beaten to death, you would be delighted to have vouchers standing above its grave calling it a garbage.

I loved the looks and feel of the game, I loved quests and zones, I loved the lore.... I found the game that was close to my heart in way that I cant objectively explain.... just as I cant explain why I fell in love with one person and not somebody else.

You can analyze combat and whatever system until you tear it apart and try to find objective facts, but you cant factually analyze my feelings about the game overall.

Seeing someone spit on dead body of something I loved hurts. And that is probably the only reason that person posts here, to hurt someone. That is even beyond "manners", I agree, its much worse...

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

The game will apparently relaunch in a F2P format sometime in 2010.

Originally posted by Xasapis

The game will apparently relaunch in a F2P format sometime in 2010.

The game will be "remade" by Frogster Asia Co. to suit f2p and Korean market, as I understood.

I dont expect single original feature to stay intact in "remaking".

• markyturnipmarkyturnip Member UncommonPosts: 837

The irony is, this is the most conversation this game has generated on this board in a while.

RIP TCOS - you will be missed. It was a really great try at a fresh game, imo, and I find it sad that it did not succeed. I thoroughly enjoyed it until the mid 20s, when the population basically disappeared, and the bugs started to feel like they were getting in the way. Plus the no cancel on the cc sub - which I believe was a terrible error in a game at such a fragile point.

Such a shame.

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

Even if you didnt like the combat, it was unique.  Even if you didnt like the artwork and character modles, it was unique.  This game was diffrent...wasnt equipment based, you had to think a bit to fight well it took practice to pvp and fight well.

We definitly didnt need less of games like this. 

I was hoping to return after this game was fully patched and complete, i will never play this as a f2p.

but plenty of loot grinder, tab+f1 spamming, stand in one spot untill you level games left.

for little or no effort they could probably keep this game running as a f2p in asia, just give em something to grind for and remove all the pesky lore and quests.

sad to see a game that is nothing like the rest go down.

Originally posted by crunchyblack

for little or no effort they could probably keep this game running

They could if they wanted to.

From ex Spellborn Dev: "Unfortunately, other people had other plans with this game and we didn't get the possibilities to make this game like it was intended to be."

Obviously someone saw a neat chance to take advantage of financial problems they had and take over.

• MelanaMelana Member Posts: 32

btw:the game is free to play now in EU.

So everybody can try  this masterpiece.

Originally posted by Melana

btw:the game is free to play now in EU.
    So everybody can try  this masterpiece.

Hmm where did you get that info? I havent seen any official posts in days :/

My sub was supposed to end tomorrow and since there is no option to renew anymore I concluded it would be canceled.  I was hoping to play at least few more days to say proper goodbye to everything.....

• MelanaMelana Member Posts: 32

an subscribtion of a dude from my guild ended but he can play his lvl 50 char without subscribing...

but it only works with Frogster not with acclaim

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

it had a lot of potential.. I just feel like they might have known this for awhile now and thus were never very aggressive with getting the word out and making it better.

Sad because I liked it and like I said, it had potential.