Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about movement

SinjaiSinjai Member Posts: 9

I am curious, this is probably answered elsewhere, but I just heard about this game a few minutes ago. Someone called it "Lineage 3", but they were probably comparing the graphics. My number one game killer is the point and click movement, no matter how wonderful and utterly fantastic a game is, if it has point and click I immediately pan it. Do you move around like you do in Lineage or how you move around in WoW, CoX, etc.?

Thanks.

Comments

• lornphoenixlornphoenix Member Posts: 993

Short Answer: both.

You can disable click to move and auto-approach in the options, makes it play just like WoW.

But Click to move and Auto-approach to target is still there.

edit:

Technically click to move is in WoW, but you have turn it on... where as in AIon it on by default.

• PatchumzPatchumz Member UncommonPosts: 50

Yes, this game has the option to use both, and they both work very well (Unlike WoW where point and click is just 'there' to be there).

• mz3r2tmz3r2t Member Posts: 31

I've been trying to find this answer for a while now. I understand there is the option to turn off click to move, but is the game set up to play well with the wsad movement style?

Most games seem like it's one or the other.  L2 is click to move and it can be turned off, but doing so makes it almost unplayable. Same thing goes with WoW but opposite.

I'm hoping it will play well with the wsad movement system. I can't even imagine how click to move would work with the flying combat anyhow.

I preordered this the other day, so hopefully I can get into the beta and provide an update.

• RyerrRyerr Member Posts: 24

I've been playing the beta and using the wasd without an issue.  It works just as you'd expect.

• kriebloodkrieblood Member Posts: 223
    Originally posted by mz3r2t

I've been trying to find this answer for a while now. I understand there is the option to turn off click to move, but is the game set up to play well with the wsad movement style?
    Most games seem like it's one or the other.  L2 is click to move and it can be turned off, but doing so makes it almost unplayable. Same thing goes with WoW but opposite.
    I'm hoping it will play well with the wsad movement system. I can't even imagine how click to move would work with the flying combat anyhow.
    I preordered this the other day, so hopefully I can get into the beta and provide an update.

They both work great. iv never had a problem with the movement at all. As a scout/Assassin you can use a ability to increase your speed get a running start jump and hit your Pgup key and Fly looks real to. I like to Cliff jump and uses my wings at the last second. Fun fun so that should answer there movment system isnt blocky and slow like L2 or other various F2P's. and that was in Chinese Aion.

Mortal Online/EarthRise/Project V13
    TheVindicators.com

• RdlabanRdlaban Member UncommonPosts: 396

WASD movement works fine. For me it reminds me of Lotro:)

• VallkyraVallkyra Member UncommonPosts: 61

When turned off it's completely fluid, you'll be jumping over mobs heads and backstabing them in no time just like in WoW except you don't need to gouge or kidney first.

Also if you've ever kited with a hunter in WoW, perfectly doable here with WSAD (thank god compared to my HawkEye). Jump shots will go without a hitch.

• mz3r2tmz3r2t Member Posts: 31
    When turned off it's completely fluid, you'll be jumping over mobs heads and backstabing them in no time just like in WoW except you don't need to gouge or kidney first.

Also if you've ever kited with a hunter in WoW, perfectly doable here with WSAD (thank god compared to my HawkEye). Jump shots will go without a hitch.

Thanks, now I really can't wait!

• GoldenDogGoldenDog Member Posts: 586

I prefer to use the point-to-move and I can confirm that aspect works well...

As far as it being Lineage III,

It's not.  L3 is still in development and what's worse is that a lot of the original lineage staff split from ncsoft and are now working on TERA Online. 

So there's going to be like two Lineage 3s.  Which is awesome, but terrible that the staff was split.  One from NCSoft and one from a lot of the original Devs under a different name.

LineageII | LoTRO | RFO | 9Dragons | Aion | Perfect World | Ether Saga | Dungeon Runners | GuildWars 1 and 2 | Hellgate London | tCoS | Warhammer | AoC | Tabula Rasa | SWTOR
    youtube.com/gcidogmeat
  • LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    Originally posted by Vallkyra

Especially since backing up gives a defense bonus, and moving side to side gives an evasion bonus. Very helpful for the times a mob resists a skill or when a kiting attempt simply goes south.

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • VallkyraVallkyra Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Originally posted by LynxJSA

Originally posted by Vallkyra

Especially since backing up gives a defense bonus, and moving side to side gives an evasion bonus. Very helpful for the times a mob resists a skill or when a kiting attempt simply goes south.

Actually I never payed attention to this while kiting players or mobs.  With this in mind I will definately backpeddle if I'm waiting on a certain cool down and this run away and jump spin shot when I'm on the offensive.   Seems even if you stop for a second you briefly keep the bonus which is nice for shots that make you stand still.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    Originally posted by GoldenDog

I prefer to use the point-to-move and I can confirm that aspect works well...
    As far as it being Lineage III,
    It's not.  L3 is still in development and what's worse is that a lot of the original lineage staff split from ncsoft and are now working on TERA Online. 
    So there's going to be like two Lineage 3s.  Which is awesome, but terrible that the staff was split.  One from NCSoft and one from a lot of the original Devs under a different name.

lol, I actually use the point and click as well. I use WASD to get around but if I'm kiting I fall into my lineage 2 mode and the point and click is very fast.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

I turned off mouse-click movement and didn't have any movement issues, so I assume it works perfectly without mouse movement.

WASD ftw, especially since on Aion you may also be using RF for altitude change when flying (you can also the camera, but well, this is again an option between mouse and keyboard for movement).

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011

Thanks, now I really can't wait!

Yeah, I understand where you are coming from. Lineage 2's wasd was ridiculous. In Addtion, Archlord had wasd and it also was ridiculous. So I can see where someone would be a bit gunshy when considering a game that is made from an eastern developers and they say "now with WASD!!!!"

But as others have said, and I can agree, the WASD feels like Guild Wars or LOTRO or WoW. It is very fluid.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo