Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of DKraft

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PortizPortiz Member UncommonPosts: 62

a lot of dk's are created just for crafting i never had a group with 4 dks the max i had was 2 and they knew how to play there class so why should that be a problem? Dk's are fun to play just let them do there thing and you stick with the pally ;)

• virrevirre Member Posts: 68

Where in math does it say if you have a total number of 5000, you have to split that into 200%. I must have missed that lecture in school.

If wow had 10 factions I wouldn't break down all 10 faction into a percent when I know what the total number is.

5000 = 100% of players

2500 = 50% of a server AKA: Alliance and 2500 = 50% of a server AKA: Horde

19% of 2500 leaves 31%

21% of 2500 leaves 29%

40% of 5000 = DK

60% of 5000 = Everything else.

Not hard to grasp.

5000 is just a guess on server capacity, who cares what the real numbers are. it is typically 55% alliance and 45% horde per server. Alliance always outnumbers horde for some reason. That is pretty close to a 50/50 split on faction where you can easily use a 100% ratio.

My numbers are right, you just like to argue.

5000 = 100%

2500 = one side

21% out of 2500 = 525

19% out of 2500 = 475

475 + 525 = 1000

1000 out of 5000 is a DK

1 out of every 5 is a DK

1/5 = 20%

NOT 40% is a DK.

So NO, your numers are not right....

• skydragonrenskydragonren Member Posts: 667
    Originally posted by templarga

Your numbers can be right or wrong but your stats are still wrong. Why?
    Last time I ask: Where did you get the data from?
    I guess it is just your server then. My server has seen a huge drop in the DK population and it has continued to drop; and it will drop even more after the next patch.
    What is funny to me is that you hate the class so much that you refuse to acknowledge that there are good DK players out there. You rather lump them all into the "I hate them all and they all suck category" and not actually differentiate between the good and bad players.
    At this point, I think you are the one with a blind vendetta against and and ALL DK's and rather argue about it on forums than listen to any counter arguments.
    EDIT: 20% is not a lot for a new class less than a year old. This is especially true when DK's fill a much needed role (tanking). I guarantee you that if you looked it up, the percentage at launch was much higher and has dropped considerably.

DK's were never intended to fill a MT role. That is the job of a Warrior. Blizzard has made Warrior an obsolete class due to the craziness of the DK. I know frost is about to get kicked in the nuts. It should, and I hope the nerf it out of existence.

Of course now after 3.2 it looks as if Paladin will slide in as the #1 MT slot. This is still blizzards fault due to not keeping classes balanced into their intended role.

As far as good DK players, I would need to meet one before I could comment. I have yet to meet a DK that knew his class from a hole in the ground, and only rolled one because they heard it was the "IWIN" "HERO" class of wow.

You are right, I hate all DK's not just some of them, ALL of them. I hope Blizzard keeps nerfing them into the ground until none are left on the server, or those that do play them are just a glutton for punishment.

Hell not even the Blue for Blizzard that oversees DK's likes them. Go look up the wow ofc thread with the DK's crying about the frost nerf.

The blue comes on there and says in plain sight, "Stop crying, you already do everything in every area of the game better than anyone else", also stating "Hero class is ment from a lore point of view, not a, you are automatically superior to every class point of view."

At which time he took a blast of shit from all the DK's asking why he is the DK mod when he seems to not even like the class.

I think he likes them, he just thinks like everyone else, DK's are already superior in every aspect of gameplay from DPS-Tanking PvE to Massive OP in the arena and BG's. He just wants them to stop crying when Blizzard is about to bring them down to everyones elses level.

Why would players complain about being on the same playing field as everyone else?

Simple, because DK's don't want to be balanced with everyone else, they took it to 80 for the OP IWIN Button.

DK's are garbage and so are the players that play them.

Originally posted by virre

Where in math does it say if you have a total number of 5000, you have to split that into 200%. I must have missed that lecture in school.

If wow had 10 factions I wouldn't break down all 10 faction into a percent when I know what the total number is.

5000 = 100% of players

19% of 2500 leaves 31%

21% of 2500 leaves 29%

40% of 5000 = DK

Not hard to grasp.

5000 is just a guess on server capacity, who cares what the real numbers are. it is typically 55% alliance and 45% horde per server. Alliance always outnumbers horde for some reason. That is pretty close to a 50/50 split on faction where you can easily use a 100% ratio.

5000 = 100%

2500 = one side

21% out of 2500 = 525

19% out of 2500 = 475

475 + 525 = 1000

1000 out of 5000 is a DK

1 out of every 5 is a DK

1/5 = 20%

NOT 40% is a DK.

yeah your right, once I sit down with a pen and paper, I got the same thing you did, which I fixed on my post before you posted this.

• NicksdNicksd Member Posts: 403

I don't see the OP'ness of Dk's really. I have killed them tons of tiems, just as I have killed other classes. I have been owned by them, just like I have been with oter classes. Really learn how to kill them and it is not that hard.

WoW players are some of the biggest cry babies I have ever seen. (Yes I am crying at all the cry babies)

• Hammertime1Hammertime1 Member Posts: 619
    Originally posted by virre

5000 = 100% of players

19% of 2500 leaves 31%

21% of 2500 leaves 29%

40% of 5000 = DK

Not hard to grasp.

5000 = 100%

2500 = one side

21% out of 2500 = 525

19% out of 2500 = 475

475 + 525 = 1000

1000 out of 5000 is a DK

1 out of every 5 is a DK

1/5 = 20%

NOT 40% is a DK.

You're exactly right, so watch for the poster that couldn't do math properly resort to trolling to get the thread locked....

Wait........he posted:

"DK's are garbage and so are the players that play them"

Yep....point proven.

Originally posted by Nicksd

I don't see the OP'ness of Dk's really. I have killed them tons of tiems, just as I have killed other classes. I have been owned by them, just like I have been with oter classes. Really learn how to kill them and it is not that hard.
    WoW players are some of the biggest cry babies I have ever seen. (Yes I am crying at all the cry babies)

If you don't see the OP of DK's you are just bad at wow. This is common knowledge to anyone playing.

Like I have said before, I never lose to 1 DK. If it is a 1v1 fight, good luck killing me as a holy paladin.

That is with most classes though, Holy Paladins have some of the most extreme survivability of any class in wow.

Problem is like I said, in Bg's you aren't facing 1 DK, you are facing 8+ DK's all running together.

Know how hard it is to survive 8 DnD, 8 Icy Talons, 8 Unholy Blights, then 8x who knows how many Death Coils.

Your not going to survive. 1 group of DK's can faceroll and entire opposing BG side. I have seen it happen.

Even in AV I have witnessed 8 or so DK's stop and pummel 20+ Players.

Does that mean they are good at pvp... no it just means they have ridiculous OP abilities able to shut down and effectively annahilate anything in their path.

I have played 1 to 76. I know what they can do. Even at 76 I can decimate most classes at 80 and cut through mobs like a hot knife through butter.

I no longer play DK due to my distaste for the class, but something really needs to be done about them across all of wow.

• NicksdNicksd Member Posts: 403
    Originally posted by skydragonren

If you don't see the OP of DK's you are just bad at wow. This is common knowledge to anyone playing.

Like I have said before, I never lose to 1 DK. If it is a 1v1 fight, good luck killing me as a holy paladin.

That is with most classes though, Holy Paladins have some of the most extreme survivability of any class in wow.

Problem is like I said, in Bg's you aren't facing 1 DK, you are facing 8+ DK's all running together.

Know how hard it is to survive 8 DnD, 8 Icy Talons, 8 Unholy Blights, then 8x who knows how many Death Coils.

Your not going to survive. 1 group of DK's can faceroll and entire opposing BG side. I have seen it happen.

Even in AV I have witnessed 8 or so DK's stop and pummel 20+ Players.

Does that mean they are good at pvp... no it just means they have ridiculous OP abilities able to shut down and effectively annahilate anything in their path.

I have played 1 to 76. I know what they can do. Even at 76 I can decimate most classes at 80 and cut through mobs like a hot knife through butter.

I no longer play DK due to my distaste for the class, but something really needs to be done about them across all of wow.

I have seen groups of DK's roll and get rolled.  Any class can face roll with a good player behind the keyboard. I just can't believe this discussion has been going on for as long as it has lol. Every time they change skills, or in this case add a class, someone gets to be OP. It's the nature of the game.

Also it's not just groups of DK's that can kill bigger groups of players. I have seen other classes do the same thing. I can't help some people havn't figured out how to kill them yet :(.

• IronZIronZ Member Posts: 107

PS. On a side note, NOONE has questioned anything, I have heard a lot of QQ and people wondering why I hate the DK so much, which I knew was coming. I also think I gave ample reason enough for why I personally hate the DK class. I haven't been proven wrong on anything I said. You are not going to find 1 single person playing wow right now that doesn't agree that the DK population is out of control. EVERY wow server is so over populated with them it is hard to breath in the game. I can't take 2 steps on my server without tripping over one.
    I decided last night, I will no longer party with DK's or Heal a DK when they need it. I had 4 other healers also agree with the same. They would no longer heal them in raids or party with them in the world. Going to be a lot of DK deaths on our BG it seems. Cause they won't be getting any heals from me inside the BG's.
    We are on a DK Strike.

I would say that most of the "QQ" comes from you my boy.  Seriously, get over yourself and grow up.  You're the typical "kiddie" playing WoW that most people hate.  Jesus, people like you make me laugh!

Z

So you admit that you played a DK but now you are calling all DK players, as well as the class, "garbage"?

WOW, hello pot, I am kettle.

Anyway, I am done with this thread. No point in arguing and debating an issue like this.

DK's are an okay class, just like the rest of the classes in WOW. They are nothing special. They can tank and they can DPS. Druids, Paladins and Warriors all have similar roles and playstyles. Its a fun class to play, simple as that.

EDIT: Funny, you play a Paladin which is THE most OP class in WOW. It is so bad that even Paladins admit it and have been asked to be nerfed.

Retribution paladins yeah maybe.... Holy paladins.... not so much.

Even ret paladins have weaknesses. They rely on 1 mechanic that without it they cannot win... Mana.

What is the DK weakness, they can DPS forever without stopping, for weeks on end if needed. Extremely fast cool downs, they get 2 pets, silence, slow, 3 AOE's, extreme single target dps, can heal themselves, AND get an entire army of ghouls to fight at their command.... They also boast the most HP of every class in wow aside from the bear form druid, which lets be honest, how scared are you to fight a bear form druid in pvp... yeah me either.

A ret paladin can't really compete with all of that. We get a 30 second hammer stun, and repentence, burst damage that if we can't kill what ever we attack in that 6-8 second burst, we might as well sit down and call it a day. Even after all of that we still have to get passed that mana mechanic, that DK's just can't be bothered with.

Do you even play wow?

Originally posted by IronZ

PS. On a side note, NOONE has questioned anything, I have heard a lot of QQ and people wondering why I hate the DK so much, which I knew was coming. I also think I gave ample reason enough for why I personally hate the DK class. I haven't been proven wrong on anything I said. You are not going to find 1 single person playing wow right now that doesn't agree that the DK population is out of control. EVERY wow server is so over populated with them it is hard to breath in the game. I can't take 2 steps on my server without tripping over one.
    I decided last night, I will no longer party with DK's or Heal a DK when they need it. I had 4 other healers also agree with the same. They would no longer heal them in raids or party with them in the world. Going to be a lot of DK deaths on our BG it seems. Cause they won't be getting any heals from me inside the BG's.
    We are on a DK Strike.

I would say that most of the "QQ" comes from you my boy.  Seriously, get over yourself and grow up.  You're the typical "kiddie" playing WoW that most people hate.  Jesus, people like you make me laugh!

Z

This isn't a QQ post, the post was intended to point out that DK's are to widespread across wow, trashing the game. The only ones who disagree with this are the ones who play DK's.

Which will soon be the majority of wow players.

I don't have to QQ , I made my choice already. I don't heal them, I don't play with them, and I spit in their face every chance I get.

F**K a DK.

Blizzard will eventually nerf them out of existence, it's coming. This tank nerf will be enough to make half of them quit wow I hope. The other half will be delt with in time.

I am older than you I am sure, so watch who you are calling a "kiddie".

So you admit that you played a DK but now you are calling all DK players, as well as the class, "garbage"?

WOW, hello pot, I am kettle.

Anyway, I am done with this thread. No point in arguing and debating an issue like this.

DK's are an okay class, just like the rest of the classes in WOW. They are nothing special. They can tank and they can DPS. Druids, Paladins and Warriors all have similar roles and playstyles. Its a fun class to play, simple as that.

EDIT: Funny, you play a Paladin which is THE most OP class in WOW. It is so bad that even Paladins admit it and have been asked to be nerfed.

Retribution paladins yeah maybe.... Holy paladins.... not so much.

Even ret paladins have weaknesses. They rely on 1 mechanic that without it they cannot win... Mana.

What is the DK weakness, they can DPS forever without stopping, for weeks on end if needed. Extremely fast cool downs, they get 2 pets, silence, slow, 3 AOE's, extreme single target dps, can heal themselves, AND get an entire army of ghouls to fight at their command.... They also boast the most HP of every class in wow aside from the bear form druid, which lets be honest, how scared are you to fight a bear form druid in pvp... yeah me either.

A ret paladin can'treally compete with all of that. We get a 30 second hammer stun, and repentence, burst damage that if we can't kill what ever we attack in that 6-8 second burst, we might as well sit down and call it a day. Even after all of that we still have to get passed that mana mechanic, that DK's just can't be bothered with.

Do you even play wow?

Shaman (main), Paladin (since launch),  Druid, and DK (spread among Horde and Alliance)

A well-played Ret Paladin can out DPS almost ever class. And you left out a few of the Paladin abilities (shields, the ability to heal yourself, 2 massive DPS attacks that are almost guaranteed to crit, etc...).

They do not need to be mentioned, everything a ret paladin does is dependant on mana. Which ret paladins burn through very quickly.

Can you heal, dps without mana? No you can't, once you burn through your mana, your dps drops to nil, and your just praying to hang on long enough for that next wisdom judge, to get in another dps skill or 2.

All of which are on a global cooldown counter leaving you to wait before you can start the rotation over.

Ret paladins do not use shields.

DK's have no waiting to do, a proper DK rotation can have them continuously attack forever with no slowdown.

Ret paladins cannot attack forever,

Also

Ret paladins do not use shields.

You play a paladin and are going to try and sit here and tell me a ret paladin is on par with a DK. That is funny.

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

We are on a DK Strike.

Z

This isn't a QQ post, the post was intended to point out that DK's are to widespread across wow, trashing the game. The only ones who disagree with this are the ones who play DK's.

I don't have to QQ , I made my choice already. I don't heal them, I don't play with them, and I spit in their face every chance I get.

F**K a DK.

Blizzard will eventually nerf them out of existence, it's coming. This tank nerf will be enough to make half of them quit wow I hope. The other half will be delt with in time.

So first you say they will soon be the majority of WOW players?

But.....

then you say "Blizzard will eventually nerf them out of existence"....

Which is it?

And you may be older than some but your immaturity and attitude towards DK's, Blizzard and WOW players seems to indicate the opposite.

DK's are a novelty, of course everyone was going to make one.  How could this be a surprise for you?  I played one for a few hours, and that was it.  But I certainly aren't going to waste my time freaking out because so many others are enjoying them.  Let them have their fun.

We are on a DK Strike.

Z

F**K a DK.

So first you say they will soon be the majority of WOW players?

But.....

then you say "Blizzard will eventually nerf them out of existence"....

Which is it?

And you may be older than some but your immaturity and attitude towards DK's, Blizzard and WOW players seems to indicate the opposite.

They need to be nerfed out of existence, the sad truth though however, is they will soon be played by the majority.

Between us, I do not even think the frost nerf is going to deter them from playing DK's. It may stop them from tanking, but with the buffs to blood line, they will just respec and keep on moving forward.

Also that is the great thing about MMO's. I can treat players however I choose to. If I choose to spit in the face of every DK I see. That is my decision. What are they going to do about it? Nothing.

Beg for a heal in the BG... go screw yourself. Im the one playing the healer. If you wanted a heal you should have rolled a priest or shaman or something.

How I choose to treat a class in wow is on me.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

"It's a novelty class, it's still new, of course everyone's going to play it."

Really? 9 months after release is still new?

"They're all level 58s, alts, just checking out the new quest chain and the mechanics."

You're right, to an extent. However, there are just as many level 80 DKs, too, who people play as their mains. On par with Paladins, at least on my server, which is kind of funny since one is Undead and the other is the nemesis of Undeath.

"Why do you care what class other people play?"

Because this is an MMO, meaning you're going to have to work with those people. It's picky, for sure, but it's important to the OP so leave it at that. If a significant amount of people at work started wearing clothes you despise (not gonna give any examples), wouldn't you want to say something? They'd tell you, "Why do you care what I wear?"

Well, those are the main points of this thread. I personally don't mind DKs, because I thought it'd be as bad as the OP states when I installed Wrath. However, it's not that bad... on my server, at least. I play a Hunter. My Guild has a couple of 80 DKs, but also a fair variety of other classes except Rogues and Warlocks.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

its just like how rogue's use to be. There are a crap ton but only a select handfull are good. If you see a dk in pvp 9/10 times they are god aweful. My main's a DK. I rolled one not becuase they start at level 55 nor because there were initial over powered. I played one becuase back in the day my favorite hero from Warcraft III was the Scourges Death Knight. Thats why i rolled one and thats why I took the time to actually become good at the class unlike the rest.

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

I came back to wow after over a year off.  about 15 of my RL friends dragged me back since they all play on the same server/guild.  My previous main was a 50something hunter on the alliance side, my friends all play horde.  I had a choice,  go DK main or reroll something else and need way more hand holding/instance runs/pain in the ass.  So I rolled DK.  I'm not primarily frost spec, I have no desire to MT, my style is far more towards offtanking (which I find DK very much more suited for then main tanking, but that's my playstyle, my talent build and my gear choices...and years of raid offtanking on EQ).

So, yeah, DK saved me some time and alot of feeling like a retarded-hold-my-hand-and-pl-me stereotype of a wow player /shrug

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
    Originally posted by blackthornn

I came back to wow after over a year off.  about 15 of my RL friends dragged me back since they all play on the same server/guild.  My previous main was a 50something hunter on the alliance side, my friends all play horde.  I had a choice,  go DK main or reroll something else and need way more hand holding/instance runs/pain in the ass.  So I rolled DK.  I'm not primarily frost spec, I have no desire to MT, my style is far more towards offtanking (which I find DK very much more suited for then main tanking, but that's my playstyle, my talent build and my gear choices...and years of raid offtanking on EQ).

So, yeah, DK saved me some time and alot of feeling like a retarded-hold-my-hand-and-pl-me stereotype of a wow player /shrug

Ok so this brings up another good point.

Since Blizzard is now going to allow cross faction transfers, do you plan to bring you old character over to play with your friends or stay with the DK?

Just asking, this isn't to bash you or anyting.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

We are on a DK Strike.

This seems extremely childish. 

"You rolled a class I don't like Q.Q  I won't heal you!!!!!"

Dry your eyes and stop being so narrow minded, its a video game try playing with others in a way you would like to be played with.  Golden rule applies here.

How petty,

How childish,

How pointless.

Edit:  (I don't play a DK, I play a Prot / Ret Pally)  ((Also, when I was growing up my parents taught me the importance of being nice to other people and not being prejudiced, especially about stupid things like VIDEO GAMES))

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

Originally posted by blackthornn

Ok so this brings up another good point.

Since Blizzard is now going to allow cross faction transfers, dso you plan to bring you old character over to play with your friends or stay with the DK?

Just asking, this isn't to bash you or anyting.

hmm lets see, I'm married and a parent of 3.  Income goes toward food, rent, utilities, and a treating myself for a whopping $40 a month for 2 mmo accounts.  I'm not really THAT fond of my old hunter to spend the cash on a server transfer and a faction switch honestly.  I enjoy my DK.  I started him to save time but after putting the effort in, I'm damned good with him (and can pull off some really interesting things alot of DK players I know can't using a mix of unholy/blood). 

So no, I'd save my cash there (but if the faction changes don't require a race change I probably will start from scratch again with a NE druid and turn him Horde because to me (and that's the important thing) that would be worth the extra expense).

edit to add, yes, at this point my wow acct is inactive due to having had other needs for the cash, deciding to restart or not but the deciding is more atm on if I resub wow, vg or ao due to the ppl I know irl who play each

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.