Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gotta recommend Eve Online

StikyIckyStikyIcky Member Posts: 10

I once was also hesitant to try this game after reading about it.  I am more into the sci-fi theme, but not space MMOs.  I have played Anarchy Online, WoW, Warhammer, a bit of AoC & Aion.

All I have to say is that I wish I started this game before.  At some point, the hack & slash which dominates MMOs gets boring.  It is the depth, building, trading, planning & social aspects which appeal more.  Well Eve does it best.  Honestly, I'm just amazed how Eve is run by player created corporations.  You can do so much in the game, it's baffling.

I suggest to anyone who is getting tired of the standard WoW/EQ model to try out Eve.  You might be pleasantly surprised.  I still play AIon beta events, sorta playing a little WoW and AoC at the same time.  Eve Online is really cool, depending on what you're doing you can actually play it and another MMO at the same time.

And there are tutorials which are pretty much a must for new players.  If they seem too hard for you to finish, well, they do act as a retard check.  If your attention span is low, don't bother.  If your IQ does not hit triple digits, don't bother as well.