Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Eve Player & Love It.

StikyIckyStikyIcky Member Posts: 10

This game rocks is all I gotta say.  It's not that difficult, IMO, just think that too many MMO players have been dumbed down by WoW.

I never saw myself beiing enthralled by Eve's combat system but boy was I wrong.  I never realized that what trully appealed to me in MMOs is the depth & mechanics.  Also, I love the Trade aspects, that is one of my favorite concepts in games.  I haven't even joined a corp yet, just making ISK & trying to get more ships.

Comments

• MiklosMiklos Member Posts: 119

Glad you like it.

To CCPs credit - the new player experience as a whole has gone up tremendously over the last 2-3 expansions.

• XennithXennith Member Posts: 1,244

welcome aboard mate.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,027

Glad to here you like EVE so far, just remember, playing it is like a good love affair, there's good times and bad, but stick with it and you'll have a lasting relationship that will provide you with much satisfaction.

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HydrobluntHydroblunt Member Posts: 282

LOL, the coolest part is that I can go afk mine in Eve or autopilot to a far away destination for a cargo run while playing a hack n' slash MMO at the same time.  Awesome!

Playing: EvE, Warhammer free unlimited trial, Allods Online
    Played: Anarchy Online, WoW, Warhammer, AoC, Ryzom. Aion
    Strongly Recommend: Ryzom, EvE, Allods Online

• Dis_OrdurDis_Ordur Member Posts: 1,501
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Glad to here you like EVE so far, just remember, playing it is like a good love affair, there's good times and bad, but stick with it and you'll have a lasting relationship that will provide you with much satisfaction.

^^^This times infinity.  That battleship you save up for months at a time?  YOU WILL LOSE IT!!! 

Those augmentations you implanted?  YOU WILL LOSE THEM!!!

EVE is a constant struggle.  For every three steps forward, you will take one back.  However achieving a goal you set out to do in EVE is the MOST rewarding out of any MMO.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by Hydroblunt

LOL, the coolest part is that I can go afk mine in Eve or autopilot to a far away destination for a cargo run while playing a hack n' slash MMO at the same time.  Awesome!

That is also too often the downside of EvE. I often think that i need a game to play beside it. *yaaaawn*

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

OP nice to see that you enjoy eve :)

BestSigEver :P

• carlyvalentecarlyvalente Member Posts: 17

Once upon the time I bought a Helios (cover ops frigate) at Jita . It was my first cover ops and it costed me a lot of money , totally fitted with cov ops device II , rigged for scanning and with a sisters laucher for probes. All around 150m.

There were some blue prints at Jita station so I decided to load it into the cargo. Nothing special, only several ammo bp and some ships bpc.

I set up destination to Uuhulanen (were is my place for missioning) and set autopilot on. I made sure no low sec system in the route and then I went afk for 30 mins.

When I came back I was in Uuhulanen system, but in a pod.

What a surprise! We were not at war.

It happenned in the middle of the route there were some campers.

Yes, even in 1.0. The trick is: Someone see you aproaching the gate in autopilot, the same guy scans your cargo and if it's worth then a well tanked ship kill you.  The "scanner" ship takes the cargo while the tanker escapes from CONCORD .

So, don't fly in autopilot if possible but if you decide to do it at least don't load your ships with expensive items.