Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

on avg. how long must you wait to play a pvp minigame?

ive asked this a number of times and don't seem to get an open honest answer

lvl 80

Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.

Comments

• UnfinishedUnfinished Member Posts: 881

It depends  on how populated your server is. Dead servers were reporting waits over two hours.

FC screwed the pooch not coding for cross server minis (ala WoW), players have been begging for those mechanics since early beta.

• AceundorAceundor Member Posts: 482

hmpf -  and the well populated servers report less than 5 minutes waiting. Servermerges early this year changed everything regarding waiting time and population. Most servers have a healthy population

Originally posted by BishopB:

Are a lot of the trolls just angry kids with old gaming hardware?

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I never got to play a minigame even on populated servers.

seems not many people like playing them

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

What server do you play on? On Wiccana there is always global spam of people asking levels xx-xx to que up for pvp. Usually when I check it they are one or two short to fill up the que.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• KrewelKrewel Member Posts: 390

Now that you get much-needed pvp xp for active participation in minigames, there is high demand for them.

• clearSamclearSam Member Posts: 304
    Originally posted by Sabradin

ive asked this a number of times and don't seem to get an open honest answer
    lvl 80

because there is no one honest answer, probably all answers you have got are honest.

minis waiting time is highly related to how many people are logged on, and how many among them are interested in minis.

sometimes i have waited more than an hour... sometimes it only takes a couple of minutes.

• BarteauxBarteaux Member Posts: 483

If you can tell which answers are dishonest, you must already know the answer to your question...

I'll just consider it a mis-express and give you my honest (yeah!) answer.

I play on Fury, and have anything from instant join to a 10-15 mins wait during peak hours (from after work/dinner until bed time). Outsidee of that it varies a lot, all the way from around 20 mins until 'fog this, can't be bothered' and log.

"nerf rock, paper is working as intended."

- Scissors.

Head Chop

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by Krewel

Now that you get much-needed pvp xp for active participation in minigames, there is high demand for them.

I would say that is pretty accurate, they are going up in demand because of this and people are finding the new-ish map too. For me at peak times on peak days being honest about a 5-20 min wait. Sometimes way way longer though and then I can't be asked to wait. Kinda like Guild Wars if you played it before cross server ability. Where you may sit in a group waiting and waiting for others to make up the full team.

What is good though is they did update the UI to be a bit better in this area.

I hope they do cross server games sooner rather than later, if anything that would open the door for many community things from Tournaments / events to server pride and inter guild pride and so on.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Queues are an archaic interface for getting players together. I would have though Battle.net or the thousand FPS interfaces would have taken over by now. Wait to play a game you are paying a monthly sub for, WTF is that?!

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.