Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for something new

pavchinkpavchink Member Posts: 6

Hey, long time mmo'er here, I played eq starting around 99/2000 and played til Eq2 and WoW came out and played both.  For the last while though i've been playing wow and now with around 7 80's and most gear capped I find myself really bored waiting for raid night and I think I wouldnt mind starting something new.  I have accounts I could reactivate w/ EQ, EQ2, FFxi, Guild wars, War, Vanguard, AoC, DDO, LotRO . .you name it i've played atleast a trial of it.   My question being, I could easily go back and start at any of these games, but I would much prefer one w/ a large population.  I dont want to get into something thats going to go broke on me . . ./thinks back to Tabula Rasa . . So anyone have any suggestions or actively playing anything I have listed or not that might make a suggestion?

Comments

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

Of the games you listed, I think you are pretty safe with LoTRO, Guild Wars, and FFXI. They all have healthy communities. Although FFXIV and Guild Wars 2 are coming in the next year or two, keep that in mind. Not sure if the originals will continue to be as healthy, but that's a ways away.

You really named all the AAA titles if you want something right this minute. A lot of good games in the near future ( 6 months or so), though.

• pavchinkpavchink Member Posts: 6

Thanks for the reply, mind if I ask where I could find all the new releases coming out.  FFXI was pretty high on my list, but I had heard it was in decline so is that not true?   Lol, and sorry, not sure whatcha mean AAA titles?

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

Check out the games list on this site, and it will list games as " in development", or "in beta", maybe with an estimated release date.

Champions Online is slated for release Sept 1, Aion Sept 22. And a handful more that are shooting for a 2009 release.

By AAA, I mean high quality games, by known developers who spent some cash on their game, and not the free-to-play Asian grindfests  that they churn out like they have an MMO factory. ( There are too many to list and I don't want to anger those who play them by listing one they like).

Finally, I guess I can't swear to the subs for FFXI, but it's not going anywhere soon. Shutting a game down, like Tabula Rasa, is very rare. EQ1, and Asheron's Call are still running, for goodness' sake. Vanguard is really the only one on your list that I feel may be in danger anytime soon. I think any of the others are robust enough to play and find others playing.

BTW, DDO is going" free-to-play" soon. So might be a surge in population and worth at least checking out.