Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So i was looking forward to This but now im scared..

kriebloodkrieblood Member Posts: 223

So idk Mortal is sketching me out now.

i mean i go to this page http://www.mortalonline.com/gamestore

I think to myself hmmmm First come first serve beta access WTF dos that mean? Not everyone who pre orders gets beta or we all get beta just only a max number of beta accounts that arnt block a can join in at one time???

So to carry myself farther down the page to the bottem where i see LIFE TIME SUBSCRIPTION im like HuH wonder what they want for this noticing it the only icon to click. i click it.

Takes me here http://cgi.ebay.com/Mortal-Online-Limited-Edition-no-1-Mortal-For-Life_W0QQitemZ320389517168QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item4a98b40f70&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Now at least darkfail had there own online store maybe it sucked but using Ebay?

i mean Ebay wtf?

So yeah what do you guys think this is some like "Dark and Light" pre-order Flash back bullshit.

Mortal Online/EarthRise/Project V13
TheVindicators.com

Comments

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

The fact that they're putting one of their 1000 collectors editions up on ebay themselves is a bit sketchy to be honest. 

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• kriebloodkrieblood Member Posts: 223
    Originally posted by Kordesh

The fact that they're putting one of their 1000 collectors editions up on ebay themselves is a bit sketchy to be honest. 

Yeah the first copy of it go figure WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND IS PAYING 500 DOLLARS to a game they never even played or saw a Video of that lasted more then 4 minutes?

There are some rich ass people out there that blow alot of money of stupid shit.

TheVindicators.com

• Seven77Seven77 Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by krieblood

So idk Mortal is sketching me out now.
    i mean i go to this page http://www.mortalonline.com/gamestore
    I think to myself hmmmm First come first serve beta access WTF dos that mean? Not everyone who pre orders gets beta or we all get beta just only a max number of beta accounts that arnt block a can join in at one time???
    So to carry myself farther down the page to the bottem where i see LIFE TIME SUBSCRIPTION im like HuH wonder what they want for this noticing it the only icon to click. i click it.
    Takes me here http://cgi.ebay.com/Mortal-Online-Limited-Edition-no-1-Mortal-For-Life_W0QQitemZ320389517168QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item4a98b40f70&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50
    Now at least darkfail had there own online store maybe it sucked but using Ebay?
    i mean Ebay wtf?
    So yeah what do you guys think this is some like "Dark and Light" pre-order Flash back bullshit.

Um If you read the ebay page they are donateing 100% of the cash they make to a good cause Doctors without Borders...

• ThaddyMakThaddyMak Member UncommonPosts: 13

That e-bay listing is an eBay Giving Works charitable listing.  All of the money from that e-bay sell will go to Doctors Without Borders USA.  E-bay's charitable listings are an easy way to set up a fundraiser.  I'm not taking sides on if Mortal will be great or not or if Mortal is a scam or not.  I just don't see how this listing could be a scam since Star Vault will not get any of the money from the auction.  Also people that want to support Doctors Without Borders USA would be willing to pay a lot on this auction since the money is going to a good cause.  That does not make the bidders stupid for bidding.

• kriebloodkrieblood Member Posts: 223
    Originally posted by ThaddyMak

That e-bay listing is an eBay Giving Works charitable listing.  All of the money from that e-bay sell will go to Doctors Without Borders USA.  E-bay's charitable listings are an easy way to set up a fundraiser.  I'm not taking sides on if Mortal will be great or not or if Mortal is a scam or not.  I just don't see how this listing could be a scam since Star Vault will not get any of the money from the auction.  Also people that want to support Doctors Without Borders USA would be willing to pay a lot on this auction since the money is going to a good cause.  That does not make the bidders stupid for bidding.

Well then idk i just thought ebay link was wierd thats not what im worried about.

what i want to know is what the fuck is block a beta?

TheVindicators.com

• Seven77Seven77 Member Posts: 38

Oh your worried that If you preorder you wont get in beta. No Everyone will get in beta who preorders but whoever buys and enters there codes first. Will be going into the first round of 2000 players entering the game July 6th. (AKA BLOCK A)  Then block B the next week  then block C the next etc.  Get it?

• ThaddyMakThaddyMak Member UncommonPosts: 13

I got this from reading the e-bay listing:

"(4) The Beta will start on July 6, accepting blocks of 2000 players each second week. This item includes access to the first block, Block A."

• jaspr180jaspr180 Member Posts: 96

Here is the deal with the pre-order situation

If you order one of the numbered #999 limited edition game boxes you are guarenteed a spot in the first beta opening on July 6th [block A].  *StarVault claims they are loosing a bit of money on this*  If you are in one of the first 1001 to order the boxed copies you will also get into that opening [block A].  *StarVault claims they are gaining a few dollars on this*  If for some reason they don't sell 2000 preorders until the 6th within those 2 categories, the digital download people will be invited. to fill the rest.     Prices and store opening time will be announced sometime between now and the 29th.   

Block B will be invited 2 weeks later... then C another 2 weeks later.    on and on till you fill 10,000 beta pre-orders. 

No matter what place your in you will be invited into beta but its first come first serve type thing.

• LiquidWolfLiquidWolf Member CommonPosts: 516

Pre-order gets into Beta up till 10,000 accounts... then they will decide what happens next.

The EBAY listing is a donation to charity.

They raised my respect for them a few more notches.

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by LiquidWolf

Pre-order gets into Beta up till 10,000 accounts... then they will decide what happens next.

The EBAY listing is a donation to charity.
    They raised my respect for them a few more notches.

Yes, agree.

Also, if people want to pay for it ... why not. It´s just one copy. ;-)