Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HELP - Problems Downloading/ Installing

Galatea11Galatea11 Member Posts: 8

I want to play this game very, very badly, but for some reason fate thinks otherwise.

First, I tried to download it off the game client. I tried at least SEVEN times on two different computers. On one computer, the closest it go was to 72%, and then I ALWAYS landed in a blue screen, no matter what i did. I didn't have any other programs open. On the other computer, after a little lag the computer always froze. Both my computers are perfectly fine and new. System requirements is not a problem (although it shouldn't be anyways since I'm not even playing, just downloading.)

So I tried some mirror sites. Many of them required making accounts on that site, so I wasn't interested. One mirror site was waaayyy too slow, around 80 KB/s. Another was very fast for the first two minutes (400 Kb/s) but then suddenly stopped after five minutes.

So, I decided to take my chance at RapidShare. They had it divided into 13 parts, all RAR files. I downloaded each one (it was not easy; you had to click, then wait three minutes, wait 30 minutes for the download, then after two files wait another fifteen minutes, etc.) and WinRar. I extracted the files into one 2.5G file and opened it. Nothing happened. My cursor just kept swirling endlessly, and there was no 'the program could not run' or whatnot. Nothing happened. TT__TT

Help please.

Comments

• dhrddmdhrddm Member Posts: 65

During the last 4 months i downloaded the game 4 times for 4 ppl (deleted then another one called and asked me to give him the game on a stick so i downloaded it again...) and everytime from the mirror site ORPG. For me here in Romania that site goes very well (~1MB/s) and i never had any ptoblems with it. Downloaded fine, extracted w/o problems and instaled perfectly. Then let the laucher patch, start, press ok, start the game again and voila!

Come on... Give me a break!

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I had played this game before, and I was trying to reinstall it yesterday. It installed ok, and then the patcher ran, but the game wouldn't actually get past loading after that. I went to the forums, searched, and tried what was recommended. I think I am going to try redownloading it. 

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• Galatea11Galatea11 Member Posts: 8

Actually I got it now. Teehee. Their new client server download is much quicker with a smaller file, curiously enough. Turns out the installer works. You must have to wait 10 minutes before the setup opens up. As of right now, I can't say it's worth the trouble, but it seems to have a lot of potential.