Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online - Limited Edition #001 eBay auction

jaspr180jaspr180 Member Posts: 96

Official Star Vault auction for:

MORTAL FOR LIFE - FULL LOOT BAG NO#1 OF 999

* 100% of the final bid is donated to Doctors Without Borders

* Includes life-long free playing time in the game Mortal Online (1)

* Free international shipping

* Packed in the Mortal Online Loot Bag (printed jute bag with leather drawstring)

* Numbered and embossed Metal Box, inlay signed by development team

* Collectors Tindremic Draconigena Knight, 40mm metal figurine by Reaper Miniatures (tm)

* Collectors Thursar Barbarian, 40mm metal figurine by Reaper Miniatures (tm)

* Mortal Online Journal, 70 page notebook with 24 concept art pages and a 38x52cm poster

* All pre-launch updates freely shipped on DVD (2)

* Digital Download access included (3)

* Free access to Beta, Block A (4)

* Free digital updates and expansions (5)

* A personal invitation to Malmö (travelling expenses not paid for by Star Vault) for a night of free beers at Lilla Torg with the dev team ;)

cgi.ebay.com/Mortal-Online-Limited-Edition-no-1-Mortal-For-Life_W0QQitemZ320389517168QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Games

Comments

• Seven77Seven77 Member Posts: 38

Yup and SV is giveing all the money to a good cause now thats gotta tell you something about the devs.

• koopa11988koopa11988 Member Posts: 68
    Originally posted by Seven77

Yup and SV is giveing all the money to a good cause now thats gotta tell you something about the devs.

I agree. It's really unfortunate that more small companies dont succeed, because they can do much more like this as well as much more immediate response to their visions/player requests than a publically traded large company.

Aside from my personal hope that MO succeeds and is enjoyable, I hope that an independant studio can produce a hit and recover the "indie" name from the devestating blow it recieved from Darkfall. 

Unrelated: Mount and Blade is such a good game.

• Seven77Seven77 Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by koopa11988

Originally posted by Seven77

I agree. It's really unfortunate that more small companies dont succeed, because they can do much more like this as well as much more immediate response to their visions/player requests than a publically traded large company.

Aside from my personal hope that MO succeeds and is enjoyable, I hope that an independant studio can produce a hit and recover the "indie" name from the devestating blow it recieved from Darkfall. 

Unrelated: Mount and Blade is such a good game.

Hell ya!

• GalgrimGalgrim Member Posts: 4

This is huge!

Good luck to all the bidders from MMORPG.com!

• sandolainensandolainen Member Posts: 62

This is a great idea! It's a nice product for the faithful follower, the money goes to a good cause and procudes good publicity! These are some of the best devs I've heard of when it comes to community interraction!

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

I hope this generates a lot of money for a VERY worthy cause.

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

Wow, $2,025.00 that is going to be quite the donation.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • BademBadem Member Posts: 830

wow

Bidding is up to an INSANE amount already lol $2,000

someone REALLY wants in on the Beta lol

• RyerrRyerr Member Posts: 24

That's a pretty cool idea...  hope they make a bunch for Doctors without Borders.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

LOL, when I saw the thread title my first thought was, "wow, these guys are really hard up for cash".

Now I see its for charity and my apologies for my earlier thought.

Its a great thing they are doing and perhaps other firms will follow their lead.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• error_404error_404 Member UncommonPosts: 108

Awesome

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Kyleran

LOL, when I saw the thread title my first thought was, "wow, these guys are really hard up for cash".
    Its a great thing they are doing and perhaps other firms will follow their lead.

I don't know how it would work in other countries but this is a huge tax write-off.  I am not sure why more companies don't do things like this as it is an incredibly good idea.  Developers like Blizzard could make incredibly huge donations if they did something like this.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • LiquidWolfLiquidWolf Member CommonPosts: 516
    Originally posted by Locklain

Originally posted by Kyleran

I don't know how it would work in other countries but this is a huge tax write-off.  I am not sure why more companies don't do things like this as it is an incredibly good idea.  Developers like Blizzard could make incredibly huge donations if they did something like this.

After a certain income bracket, tax-writeoffs change. I think there was a recent change (that would take effect in 2011) where people making over 250,000 a year would only get 0.28 back for every dollar they donated.

I'm fairly sure companies follow under very similar rules.

Companies should still find a way to donate whenever they can, but it does hurt them a bit more.

• JoeTanJoeTan Member UncommonPosts: 70

and the fact that anyone would pay a ridiculous amount of money to be in a beta , is just so sad...

"No but its for a good cause" , well i can bet you everything i own, that is not the main reason bids are high.. so freakin sad.

The guy that wants to pay 2k $ for a beta would have done so even if there was no good cause behind it..

nice move that the devs arent pocketing the money themselves, but i feel sorry for anyone who would pay that amount of cash to play a fucking game, no matter how rich you are.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Congratulations to the MO team for this creative and great idea, while F2P games go raping people's pockets for their profit, we see some good things like this one happening on P2P games.

Originally posted by JoeTan

and the fact that anyone would pay a ridiculous amount of money to be in a beta , is just so sad...

"No but its for a good cause" , well i can bet you everything i own, that is not the main reason bids are high.. so freakin sad.

The guy that wants to pay 2k $ for a beta would have done so even if there was no good cause behind it..

nice move that the devs arent pocketing the money themselves, but i feel sorry for anyone who would pay that amount of cash to play a fucking game, no matter how rich you are.

Did you read the part about it including a lifetime subscription to the game and all future expansions?

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Really cool of them.  These devs have been really involved throughout with the community and to see them do this is really impressive.  Whether or not I play MO in beta, or at launch, or immediately after launch I will be buying the game, and I may buy copies for friends to support them.  I hope they get enough money to keep building their game and I have no doubts with time and resources they can make something amazing. 

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

What a cool idea! This makes me want to support the devs even more. I can't shell out that kind of money atm, but I'll definitely be buying the game later on.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• Unicorns_PwnUnicorns_Pwn Member Posts: 427
    Originally posted by Galgrim

Did you read the part about it including a lifetime subscription to the game and all future expansions?

Did you consider using a little common sense when trying to reason well over 2500 dollars over the lifetime of a game is a bit insane? at the current rate of 15 dollars per month you're still talkining over 14 years. Some great deal goin on there /facepalm.

I'm all for reputable charities don't get me wrong, but the incentive being offered by SV is no great deal if you have even a small ounce of common sense.

Edit point: And as far as the charity bit is concerned you would be surprised how much more money could be generated either via small  donations made by the playerbase over the few crazy high bids. Hell SV could even opt to take  a s mall part of the first months sub fees and donate them and probably do more good than what a few crazy people are willing to pay.

• jaspr180jaspr180 Member Posts: 96

Future expansions are included in all the purchase options of the game ala EVE Online. 

Don't worry about him,  some people are just bitter/jealous of other peoples expenditures even though they should mind their own business.     In the end, its going to a good cause so the higher it gets the better.

• GiubbaGiubba Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by jaspr180

Official Star Vault auction for:
    MORTAL FOR LIFE - FULL LOOT BAG NO#1 OF 999
    * 100% of the final bid is donated to Doctors Without Borders

* Includes life-long free playing time in the game Mortal Online (1)

* Free international shipping

* Packed in the Mortal Online Loot Bag (printed jute bag with leather drawstring)

* Numbered and embossed Metal Box, inlay signed by development team

* Collectors Tindremic Draconigena Knight, 40mm metal figurine by Reaper Miniatures (tm)

* Collectors Thursar Barbarian, 40mm metal figurine by Reaper Miniatures (tm)

* Mortal Online Journal, 70 page notebook with 24 concept art pages and a 38x52cm poster

* All pre-launch updates freely shipped on DVD (2)

* Digital Download access included (3)

* Free access to Beta, Block A (4)

* Free digital updates and expansions (5)

* A personal invitation to Malmö (travelling expenses not paid for by Star Vault) for a night of free beers at Lilla Torg with the dev team ;)

cgi.ebay.com/Mortal-Online-Limited-Edition-no-1-Mortal-For-Life_W0QQitemZ320389517168QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Games

/clap

Originally posted by Unicorns_Pwn

Did you consider using a little common sense when trying to reason well over 2500 dollars over the lifetime of a game is a bit insane? at the current rate of 15 dollars per month you're still talkining over 14 years. Some great deal goin on there /facepalm.

I'm all for reputable charities don't get me wrong, but the incentive being offered by SV is no great deal if you have even a small ounce of common sense.

I see where you are going, and I agree that $2000 is a crap load of money to pay for a game, but who needs common sense when you've got that kind of money to blow hmmm?

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839

I applaud SV for this. Things like this put a smile on my face.

Isaiah 41:10
  • Unicorns_PwnUnicorns_Pwn Member Posts: 427

I see where you are going, and I agree that $2000 is a crap load of money to pay for a game, but who needs common sense when you've got that kind of money to blow hmmm?

Not that the whole world revolves around the United States.. but those kind of ideals or lack of actual value of money is one of the many reasons we are in the shape we are atm.

Why not just setup a few  beta servers for 10,000 players and let them donate 5 dollars for charity to get in. 1 Lucky winner would get that grand prize and a larger donation would be received by the charity.

• jaspr180jaspr180 Member Posts: 96

Edit point: And as far as the charity bit is concerned you would be surprised how much more money could be generated either via small  donations made by the playerbase over the few crazy high bids. Hell SV could even opt to take  a s mall part of the first months sub fees and donate them and probably do more good than what a few crazy people are willing to pay.

You ever been to a charity auction or event?    Its pretty typical that people pay absorbent amounts of money for more than the VALUE your getting out of it.     A $15,000 Harley Davidson with some guys autograph will go for $150,000.    A  guitar autograhed by your favorite singer will go for $50,000..  and so on..    Are people just bitter or what here?   Yea I understand that you dont see the value in it, because it isnt there at this price.   This is for someone who  just wants to support StarVault AND give money to a good cause.   FFS Talk about greed here.