Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upgrade or Buy a New One???

2»

Comments

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683
    Originally posted by daylight01

750watt psu for that system?
    You may have saved cash on the build but you are slowly eating away at that from the electric bill :P

I know, I know.....

I was planning on SLI at one point. Plus adding in a ton of fans. But I decided in the end not to bother and wait for a new system. Although honestly, I haven't noticed a big jump in the power bill since I got the PSU. Modular PSUs are awesome.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

lol its really hard to find a fully assembled Monitor and All PC that is the least bit descent for under $500 that has an upgrade future.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

CPU = AMD X3 720 BE $163

Motherboard = Asus M4A78T-E $144

RAM = Corsair DDR3 $87

PSU = OCZ 600W $75

HD = WD Caviar Blue $70

DVD = LD DVD RW SATA $32

Case = Antec 300 $58

GPU = HD4770 $113

OS = Windows 7 RC free.

Total = $742

I assume you already have a mouse and can pick up a cheap keyboard. As for the monitor, if you need a new one then drop the GPU and use your Mobo IGP (3300) and buy something like this HP 20" $150. Bringing the total to $777, also I'd recommend buying something like this PC tool kit $32. Bringing the total to $809, then save up cash and buy a better GPU later, you can play just about anything with the IGP just not brilliant but it'll be fine until you get a better one. Hope this helped.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis