Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what's a good mature rp server?

ed515ed515 Member Posts: 67

I finally succumbed and bought the game. I would love to get into rp-ing and would like to get started on a good mature server. now I know pre-pubescent Chuck Norris addicts can't be avoided even on rp servers and that's ok to an extent, but I'd still like to find a more mature oriented server with a healthy population.

Thank You

Comments

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

I heard that moonrunner was a good rp server but dont take my word on it.  WoWInsider wrote a terrific article about finding the right roleplaying server to fit your stlye.  I suggest checking it out.

Edit: My mistake.  Moonrunner is a pve server.  It is either moonguard or feathermoon that I was told was a good rp server.  Unfortunately I cant remember. 

Also, this thread has player reviews about rp servers.

• seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714

the venture co is fantastic. i remember playing on there and there was a group of dwarves that would meet around this fire once a week and share their latest adventures. dancing, drinking, etc. good times.

Originally posted by Scagweed22
    is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
    Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

• NeosaiNeosai Member Posts: 401

You succumbed.... fail

just kidding anyways, but good luck with finding a RP server with a majority of mature players. You might need it.

• Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

If truly good RP exists in WoW, I may return. Otherwise I expect the usual E-RP (erotic roleplay; cyber sex) or goofball old English...

• Hammertime1Hammertime1 Member Posts: 619

Wyrmrest Accord server has surprised me with their quality of RP and overall maturity ( Horde side ).

• ed515ed515 Member Posts: 67

Thanks for the quick replies. I will look into your suggestions.

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

<Mod edit>

Back to topic:

It's been a long while since I've played.  I used to call Cenarion Circle my home.  It was fairly mature and I had a lot of good times there.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

By the way OP, I dug through a few threads because i've never really known much about rp in wow.  Many people seem to like moonguard, but it is a low pop server.

• Cypt1Cypt1 Member UncommonPosts: 283

Honestly, OP, I'd stay far away from Moonguard if I were you as, last time I checked, it was inundated with "erotic" RPers (ERP), and for any legitimate roleplayer who merely seeks to play out an exciting adventure with his or her character, you'll find those morons to be blatantly offensive and pretty damn annoying.

I wish I could recommend a good server for you, but I quit my RP server ages ago because, frankly, the population had dwindled to almost nothing (no, I'm not referring to Moonguard, which was a highly populated server predominantly comprised of morons), leaving the realm with nothing but fragmented guilds full of whiny little drama queens (this isn't an exaggeration as I was in one of the server's most prominent guilds), so I moved to a PvE server.

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

Argent Dawn- Horde Side-   (you will be outnumbered by the Alliance but there are some good RPrs there)

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622

Check out Cenarion Circle and Venture Co. 

Personally Cenarion Cirlce has a lot of mature players there as it was the first RP server opened. 

If your looking for a fairly new RP community then Venture Co.

• ed515ed515 Member Posts: 67

Made a character on Argent Dawn. well I got to lvl 10 today blood elf warlock and just got to the first major city in blood elf land (can't remember the name). After 15 minutes running arround in it I saw an add for a light rp guild. I asked em a ton of questions and they seemed to be what I'm looking for. After a short rp initiation ceremony (first time I ever role played) I became a member. The people in that guild seem like a nice bunch, and i'm looking forward to adventuring with em'. Yes I did also witness an huge colorfull discussion in regional chat about Michael jacksons death and his child fetishes, but hey that's ok, I'l just stick to guild chat for the most part.

Thanks for the help everyone.

• Hammertime1Hammertime1 Member Posts: 619

As a hint, Role Players will usually be happier with the Trade and OOC channels turned off.

Trust me on this!