Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Come Join the Rapture LS/Guild

1235»

Comments

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

Once again, thank you everyone for your comments. But, our linkshell isn't for everyone, that's for sure. We're out to recruit the most loyal members and the way to do that is to create an early linkshell and those who stick with us before launch are considered loyal, and those who aren't loyal will end up quitting anyway.

Also, to get to know the people you will be playing with on FFXIV a whole lot more. I've decided to create a new linkshell because in a year when we are playing with each other, we will feel comfortable with each other and therefore more success in the game.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Now that I have seen the sticky toddze mentioned, we have no need to post in this thread anymore.

Besides, I am getting extremely confused with Syno's comments. Now you are starting your own LS or you somehow became leader of Rapture without anyone else knowing? Bah.

Anyway, I'm done posting in this thread. Thanks to all who have applied, for further info please see the sticky on page one of this forum section, under FFXIV Linkshells.

• KupoKupopoKupoKupopo Member Posts: 189
    Originally posted by Syno23

Once again, thank you everyone for your comments. But, our linkshell isn't for everyone, that's for sure. We're out to recruit the most loyal members and the way to do that is to create an early linkshell and those who stick with us before launch are considered loyal, and those who aren't loyal will end up quitting anyway.
    Also, to get to know the people you will be playing with on FFXIV a whole lot more. I've decided to create a new linkshell because in a year when we are playing with each other, we will feel comfortable with each other and therefore more success in the game.

LMAO

Syno23, who spam bumped this thread the most, is already leaving to form his own guild now?

Now that's loyalty, Syno!

I guess we have another thread we can look forward to seeing spam-bumped...

• linrenlinren Member Posts: 578

People that does not join early does not mean they are not "loyal", they simply are waiting to see what FFXIV turn out to be, if it turns out similar to FFXI, then I'd play it with a passion just as I did FFXI.  I still don't just jump at any game that is titled FF, but it really haven't hurt me any to try them out yet at all.

Well, it's almost been a month, and I just wanted to state that we are still active within our community. We are growing day by day and expanding to new MMOs such as Aion and FFXIV.

Here are some updates from the website:

# I added an Emote Video for Final Fantasy XIV to our Media section http://www.rapture.gamercri...11:00 PM Sep 16th from web

# Final Fantasy XIV: A Talk With Robert Peeler......for a brief review of the interview please visit http://www.rapture.gamercri...10:55 PM Sep 16th from web

# Rapture Logo Contest is in affect! Visit this link for more information http://gamercrisis.proboard..../index.cgi?board=logo11:27 PM Sep 15th from web

# Congratulations to Abraxas, Altaeiu, Gerry, and Eve! You have received the most votes and are now official “Founding Leaders” of Rapture.11:14 PM Sep 14th from web

# Sports fans-Madden 2010 Online and Fight Night Round 4 have just been reviewed and posted at http://www.gamercrisis.com/...9:11 PM Sep 13th from web

# Final Fantasy National News Update- FFXIV- PS3 or PC http://bit.ly/ff0ny

For anyone interested, please let us know, we will be happy to have you, and so far Rapture has been a miracle, I remember when I first joined, it was a place of magic and prosperity.

As another update, I can state that we are nearing 200 registered users. And, doing pretty well for simply a starter community that derived in June 1st 2009. It's already September and the community is growing much bigger than we imagined, we are having fun on the forums, getting to know one, another, it is a great experience to cherish for the days to come.

• KupoKupopoKupoKupopo Member Posts: 189
    Originally posted by elocke

Now that I have seen the sticky toddze mentioned, we have no need to post in this thread anymore.
    Besides, I am getting extremely confused with Syno's comments. Now you are starting your own LS or you somehow became leader of Rapture without anyone else knowing? Bah.
    Anyway, I'm done posting in this thread. Thanks to all who have applied, for further info please see the sticky on page one of this forum section, under FFXIV Linkshells.

Hey Syno, in case you missed it, I quoted your fellow guildmate / OP / guild founder for you.

I even color coded it for you just for the off chance you might actually read it.  That way you don't have to spam bump this thread every few days.

You're welcome

• DeathknightkDeathknightk Member Posts: 41

200 members you say :) , From 6 years of experience in LS/Guild management I will give you a small tip. 

Small guilds are the best , big huge guilds never ends up doing well. And always gets broken to small guilds at the end. 

Loyalty is something you earn from people , It is not something you expect from people that you don't know.

Good players are really hard to find on an online recruitment with no experience nor Achievements to back it up, and they usually start in small groups that works great playing with eachother, Then they unite with other small elite groups and form Great end game guilds. 

Goodluck , But I don't see this guild ruling any server :)  

• swalker23swalker23 Member Posts: 266
    Originally posted by Deathknightk

200 members you say :) , From 6 years of experience in LS/Guild management I will give you a small tip. 
    Small guilds are the best , big huge guilds never ends up doing well. And always gets broken to small guilds at the end. 
    Loyalty is something you earn from people , It is not something you expect from people that you don't know.
    Good players are really hard to find on an online recruitment with no experience nor Achievements to back it up, and they usually start in small groups that works great playing with eachother, Then they unite with other small elite groups and form Great end game guilds. 

rofl looking at your name I thought you were someone else but he has another name on this forum XD  Deathknight was his FFXI name.  As for your comment you speak the very truth there pal. 

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Originally posted by Deathknightk

I tried telling them this in a round about way, I dont recall if it was on this forum or on one of the other sites that they spamed this recruitment thread. 200 is way to many people for a PvE game anyone experianced with a PvE game knows this so, that tells you what type of people they have. 

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

haha, no My FFXI name was Deathknightkw From Ragnarock server , 2003-2006 retired shell leader of Anzana HNM LS.

I will always take Quality over Quantity. It is really easy to gear up 20-40 players that have 2-3 jobs than to try and control 200 or so, You know the group you work as family and you get things done. we have done this back in the day when the only communication tool we had was LS chat then we evolved to Vent and so. 

We had a LS in my server back in 2006 that was the best, they were all Japanese and I have seen them kill the 3 big kings with 8-9 people. Now that is Quality. they had 4 relics when the whole server had only 10. Back when relics actually used to mean something :)

I was Deathknight on kujata, Our hnm shell was also very small as people quit we then joined up with a small JP HNM shell. It was the best time I had playing ffxi. Except for the fact that we never could beat AV .

As for Deathknight, WoW ruined that name so I am going to have to look for a new name on ffxiv.

Already have a new name for my self  lol , Man wow really ruined that name. I retired when I was at the top :) best time to leave the game hehe. 

Originally posted by KupoKupopo

Hey Syno, in case you missed it, I quoted your fellow guildmate / OP / guild founder for you.

I even color coded it for you just for the off chance you might actually read it.  That way you don't have to spam bump this thread every few days.

You're welcome

True, and this thread should be buried, but still, our guild is growing pretty fast through and MMORPG.com gets a ton a traffic. For those who haven't seen our thread to check out our website and help us become a stronger community. With each passing day, we gain more talent and dexterity. Our members are filled with new and inspiring ideas. Rapture is becoming more of a success day by day....

With that being said:

Final Fantasy XIV Online being an MMORPG, there must be some type of guild system with members and what not. The game suggests that we play with out friends and therefore I believe that we will be able to choose our own servers and play on one server together; as friends and a family.

Originally posted by Syno23

Originally posted by KupoKupopo

You're welcome

True, and this thread should be buried, but still, our guild is growing pretty fast through and MMORPG.com gets a ton a traffic. For those who haven't seen our thread to check out our website and help us become a stronger community. With each passing day, we gain more talent and dexterity. Our members are filled with new and inspiring ideas. Rapture is becoming more of a success day by day....

With that being said:

Final Fantasy XIV Online being an MMORPG, there must be some type of guild system with members and what not. The game suggests that we play with out friends and therefore I believe that we will be able to choose our own servers and play on one server together; as friends and a family.

But yet you keep bumping it. 

Thankfully SE wont listen to them

Success in a game that is most likely a good solid year away from even launching?

LOL 

LOL 

LOL 

Thank you everyone for staying loyal to our new guild. A little history, rapture formed the day after Final Fantasy XIV was announced. We had a few members sign up and formed the first FFXIV linkshell community. As time goes by, we grow slowly, but we are now branching out to other MMORPGs such as Aion Online, Champions Online, and Modern warfare 2. We are a multi-gaming guild, but at the same time we're all for FFXIV Online when it gets released in 2010.

in conclusion, today our guild has over 241 registered users, 60 linkshell members, and 30 active members. We are active, we are "Project Rapture."

• BellarionBellarion Member Posts: 244

Seriously, I have stayed out of this thread(i think god knows its been so long) up untill now.

But for Gods sake I do not want to see it anymore.

You have pulled all the suckers that could possibly exist on mmorpg.com into your far-too-premature "Linkshell", I am sure of it.

So please, I pray to the Gods of Moderation, please, can this thread. Let it die the death it truly deserves.

And may this discussion board never again see the "Rapture" guild spamming itself silly ever again.

Amen.

WOOT
    www.eorzeapedia.com
    (Great FF14 source)

• Ichigo83Ichigo83 Member Posts: 86

Rapture man be a  early guild for FFXIV Online but trying to get memebrs early isnt always a bad thing man its like they say the early bird catches the worm while we will have alot of memebrs others will just be starting out with maybe 5 or 20 memebrs  slowly while our guild will have maybe over 100+ at game lunch so i understand what u mean but some ppl want to join early as they can and some dont .

our guild gives out info about ffxiv as soon as new upodate info in relsesed so every memeber can stay informed about whats going on in ffxiv ect..

Good PvE games have always been about quality over quanitity.

• swalker23swalker23 Member Posts: 266

You can join whatever guild you want at any time you want the problem is this thread getting bumped by syno.  Even the TC said stop posting in this thread since the guild info got stickied.  Syno keeps bumping this thread to hell and making Rapture look bad and desperate.  Like others I'm getting sick of seeing this thread.

• CDCostaCDCosta Member Posts: 90

Ahhh!

It won't die!

• AltaeiuAltaeiu Member Posts: 1

Hello this is Alt one of the officers of Rapture. I'm sorry for the spamming of our LS recruitment, the author of the post please pm me in our forums we need to talk >_<. Thank you for listening (for all 13 pages yeesh! <_<) and maybe we'll all meet in game sometime. For any questions about our guild/LS/ whatever (no more posts X_x) just contact me at [email protected].

THIS THREAD SHOULD STOP BEING CONTINUED AS OF NOW

• HalpotHalpot Member CommonPosts: 204

As requested, I'm locking this thread now.

If the OP wishes for this to be unlocked, then please send an email to [email protected] 

This discussion has been closed.