Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Come Join the Rapture LS/Guild

Comments

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

I appreciate everyone joining our linkshell, with each passing day we get stronger and stronger.

• Ichigo83Ichigo83 Member Posts: 86

thank you all for posting and joining Rapure we currently have over 40 members in counting and still growning  keep up the good work everyone and thank you for joining our FFXIV Family!

A yes, but we have 50 registered users. We're gaining about 2 to 3 members a day which is very steady. Spread the word folks spread the word.

We had about 48 yesterday and now we have 51. Slowly pulling ahead, I assume, we'll get over 100 in the end of August at this rate.

most likly befor then maybe  the end of this month more like.

Great predictions, but what if we have people that don't join for a few days? I haven't seen more than 3 people join a day, so that means there won't be an upset of balance unless someone upsets the balance and so far, hasn't happened.

My predictions are definitely the end of August, but if it happens before. It will probably be August 6th, we'll get our 100th member. And if that happens, we'll most likely pass 300 by the end of 2009.

• DohnovahnDohnovahn Member Posts: 25

I would love to join the LS/Guild family, there is no point into going into the game blindly, even when i started FFXI 500years ago i at least started with a friend of mine

The Paladin

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

I cant figure out for the life of me why anyone would want to be in a guild of 100+ let alone 300. In a PvP centric game I can see it but a PvE centric (assuming ffxiv is PvE centric). that is a LOT of mouths to feed.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• BrialynBrialyn Member Posts: 184

Yeah I would have to say no to the huge LS/Guild...perfer something a little medium sized, like to get to know ppl.  When have large guilds things tend to get clique-y.  Smaller guilds feel more friendly to me.  Thats just my opinion though.  If you like large guilds/LS then go for it :)

Currently Playing: FFXIV:ARR
    Looking Forward to: Wildstar
    Originally posted by Brialyn

Yeah I would have to say no to the huge LS/Guild...perfer something a little medium sized, like to get to know ppl.  When have large guilds things tend to get clique-y.  Smaller guilds feel more friendly to me.  Thats just my opinion though.  If you like large guilds/LS then go for it :)

We're breaking off into at least two and maybe three branches. This way if there's PvE like Dynamis we won't have to struggle to find members. The leaders of the guilds are going to stay in contact, etc.

I don't understand why people don't think outside the box. Just because our FFXIV branch has a lot of members doesn't mean that they all will be a zerg.

Guild "A" qualifications: But be a hardcore player

Guild "B" semi-hardcore

Guild "C" Zerg/social

So, we're recuriting 1000, 2000, and up to 3000 members. The most quaified will be in guild "A" about 90 MAX while those who aren't as qualified but still want to be in the branch will be in guild "B" and guild "C". And, if we get 10,000 members, then guild "A","B","C","D","E","F" and so on.

Slow down man threr wont be 10k members the max server capascity for FFXIV is 5-6k players perserver if we get all 5-6k players then thats fine and all but we cant get more then that unless we plan on being on differnt servers that is lol i know ur just making an ex. but not trying to scare everyone off hehe theres only gonna b like 6 leaders and maybe 3 branches of the same tree 2 leaders and a few co-leaders then members  to run the guild into part but were all still 1 big guld e have to stop getting members at some point and not go over broad  cuz then what if some of our key members we need can get into the server we are on becuz we have 10k members it would kinda ruin things in that aspect so maybe 2-3k members is fine enough but over that woulda kinda  belike we the only guild on the  server  then theres no compatition to vs other guilds in pvp or perove that were the best guild on the server if we go over broad thats when we will start to lose members cuz some will feel there getting left out while other feel to  uncomfy and the guild wll fall part and i am not about to let that happen at all we will be having a meeting on tuesday so you should come this tusday at 9pm est on the main website chat room i am Darkmagician btw f u have any Q&A please feel free to ask but atm we do not have a limit to mebers we will peobly deside once we get 100+ mebers  if we will slow down on  gtting members ornot atm everyones walcome we have to maintine order  so teres less confusstion and  trying to have no chaos at all in the guild or ranks yes we might be a small guild or big it just depens on how many embers join by 2010 but at some point i know skykill one of the leaders will say to stop getting members  becuz were too big as it is  as to not go over broad with anything man dont gt me wrong i love the engery comming from u about the guild  but plese try not to scare members way even if its by mistake hehe but please come to the meeting this week ok we all have alot to disscuss with each other see you there later yo.

Oh I forgot one thing we might stop at 100 members for now so that everyone we have atm may get to know eachother frist off and become friends once we accplish that then we can start getting mre members again so we can get used to everyone and so on i think Elocke would agree with me as skykill also on this note we almost have 60 mebers atm so we hope to get a free more  by the next 2weeks so walcome everyone to Rapture!

He's right, I'm just a member making predictions. I just joined yesterday and I still don't understand that definition of this guild. Couldn't you guys write like something on the first page?

"Rapture" hardcore or casual? A mix? So, now you understand why I asked so many questions....I'll PM you on this website so we can get a clear understanding.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Whatever the guild leader decides is what will happen. On a personal note, I could care less what a guild says it is, hardcore or casual, as I can do both whenever I want and tend to do just that.

Also about joining large guilds. In all my experience with MMOs it is the small guilds that bore me to tears as there is hardly anyone on to help run things with or chat with. With a giant guild/ls you have so many options it really is for the better. More people to chat with, more people to level with, more people to run things with at any given time. Also, if SE does it right with making the chat system more modern, we hopefully can make our own user channels enabling us to split the guild/ls chat into manageable segments.

Oh, and Ichigo. You gotta learn to type with periods and paragraphs. Giant walls of text tend to get bypassed A LOT.

ya i know but i forgot how to space out everything on the pc i havnt been on a forums page in like about 10 years lol so i kinda forgot which keys to press to space it down so its not all a run on paragerph.

Let me help you out. When you type a period. Hit the space bar twice.

When you finish a thought, usually a paragraph, and are ready to move onto a different thought/subject hit Enter twice. That should do it. :D

Yes, I want to be in a large guild too. Especially for Final Fantasy XIV. In Final Fantasy XI I was in a pretty good sized one and we did Dynamis, CoP, or something every single day! It was incredible, Tuesdays it was Einherjar, Thursdays it was sky, Friday it was....hmm ranks

Thanks Elocke Letme try and see if it works now hehe here goes.

yes it does  wooot thanks man now i can fix my typing easier hehe.

muhahahaha.

One more member and we'll have 60 members.

• BrialynBrialyn Member Posts: 184
    Originally posted by Syno23

We're breaking off into at least two and maybe three branches. This way if there's PvE like Dynamis we won't have to struggle to find members. The leaders of the guilds are going to stay in contact, etc.

I don't understand why people don't think outside the box. Just because our FFXIV branch has a lot of members doesn't mean that they all will be a zerg.

Guild "B" semi-hardcore

Guild "C" Zerg/social

So, we're recuriting 1000, 2000, and up to 3000 members. The most quaified will be in guild "A" about 90 MAX while those who aren't as qualified but still want to be in the branch will be in guild "B" and guild "C". And, if we get 10,000 members, then guild "A","B","C","D","E","F" and so on.

LMAO...heard this before...watched it fall apart at the seems and more than once.  It isn't that I'm not thinking outside the box...its that i've been there, done that, and I've learned it isn't for me.  I don't understand why people feel the need to be in such a large guild even if it is broken up with leadership chatting.  SO if I'm in guild B I won't get to know the elite people in guild A or the socialites in guild C....that kinda sucks imho.  But different strokes for different folks. 

Also the server max is going to be 5 - 6k ..... don't know about you getting 3k in membership but I hope it works out for you.

Currently Playing: FFXIV:ARR
    Looking Forward to: Wildstar
  • ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776

Guild "B" semi-hardcore

Guild "C" Zerg/social

LMAO...heard this before...watched it fall apart at the seems and more than once.  It isn't that I'm not thinking outside the box...its that i've been there, done that, and I've learned it isn't for me.  I don't understand why people feel the need to be in such a large guild even if it is broken up with leadership chatting.  SO if I'm in guild B I won't get to know the elite people in guild A or the socialites in guild C....that kinda sucks imho.  But different strokes for different folks. 

Also the server max is going to be 5 - 6k ..... don't know about you getting 3k in membership but I hope it works out for you.

I think it would work just fine if there is an application fee, a membership fee, and a franchise fee. I think I will be adding all of them to my FFXIV linkshell. The preliminary info is here and I'll work on a forum in the days to come.

Guild "B" semi-hardcore

Guild "C" Zerg/social

A guild won't fall apart if you have just a small group of dedicated players. But, in my Final Fantasy XI concept....

....ok honestly, I want to create an Empire!!!

And with ventrilo out instead of guild text chat, so that isn't an issue anymore.

• XenosaiyanXenosaiyan Member Posts: 215

What a guild, I wish the best of luck to you all! 

And, Syno23, I hate to say this but we do share the exact same philosophies.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Splitting a guild up will make people feel inferior to the other branches. In all honesty to me is it sounds like this guild is just trying to recruit a lot of members, then in an attempt to well, so to say seperate the "cream of the crop". While the rest just get ignored.  I think any vetran MMO player experianced in end-game guild politics can see through this sharade. It could either be benifit you guys or hurt you guys. Maybe some see it as a way to get good dedicated players in a guild while others may see it as a shisters way to build it up(I am in this category). If its built with the "shisters" way That tends to lead to cetian motives, and hidden agendas with end-game gear.

Time will tell all.

Everyone has an opinion so I guess to each their own.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

Originally posted by toddze
    Splitting a guild up will make people feel inferior to the other branches. In all honesty to me is it sounds like this guild is just trying to recruit a lot of members, then in an attempt to well, so to say seperate the "cream of the crop". While the rest just get ignored.  I think any vetran MMO player experianced in end-game guild politics can see through this sharade. It could either be benifit you guys or hurt you guys. Maybe some see it as a way to get good dedicated players in a guild while others may see it as a shisters way to build it up(I am in this category). If its built with the "shisters" way That tends to lead to cetian motives, and hidden agendas with end-game gear.
    Time will tell all.
    Everyone has an opinion so I guess to each their own.

Wrong. I've played in Sons of Numenor in Lotro, massive guild, small sections, mainly only divided by chat channels, if they CHOOSE, but mass of the guild still talks in the general guild channel. I can see maybe in a game like WoW, where having sections to a guild could cause a disconnect. But we are talking about FFXIV here, and if it is modeled after FFXI, the bigger the better. Really it is up to the leaders of each section to make sure they don't have a disconnect.

Also, come to the website and see if this is a "sham" as you so put it. On top of that, we as a newly formed guild, are in the process of voting for what direction to take the guild in. Enough with the naysayers. What's the point of living if you don't take risks? Joining an LS/guild of massive proportions isn't going to be that big of a risk anyway, as some of you are making it seem to be.

This discussion has been closed.