Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Slow page loading

MidniteHowlMidniteHowl Member UncommonPosts: 149

I was wondering if anything has changed on mmorpg.com's end because I have been noticing long page loading times on this site in the last few days. I know nothing has changed on my end and other sites that I frequent don't have the same issue. I'm just trying to figure out what's going on because it's kinda annoying to wait so long when I have the fastest speed connection I can get in my area and normally this site comes up pretty quick.

Comments

• MidniteHowlMidniteHowl Member UncommonPosts: 149

Why the hell is this section here if no one working for mmorpg.com doesn't look at it? I notice there are quite a few posts in this section without replies....useless section, may as well remove it!

/sigh

This is sad....just sad..

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

I'll have to bump this thread as well.

Extremely slow loading pages are happening after the new changes with the black background.

I do know its not my computer or my ISP connections as all my other sites work the same and ping testing shows above average connections. I have high speed cable which the company acknowledges is working fine. All my MMOs are performing normally with no lag.

I see the OP posted three times regarding this with no response, but here's hoping others who have this problem will post as well. (took me 15 minutes just to get this posted)

Whether through post alerts or just logging in conventionally the page loading times are the same, very slow.

Well Popinjay, I just submitted an e-mail requesting that they look into this problem using the "Contact Us" link. I got an auto response saying they will be in contact within 24 hours. I also suggested that they remove the "help forums" since nobody seems to look at it to even help anybody. Hopefully they will get my e-mail and figure out what's happening.

• MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758

Hey guys, sorry for not checking this earlier.  The best way to get ahold of us is always the contact us form since we work out of our inboxes all day long.  I will make a point to check this *much* more frequently.  The site right now is performing great, are you guys still seeing the slowness?  Also if you change back to the grey theme does that fix the issue?

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Actually the site is back to normal speeds for me today. I got an e-mail reply from my support request and was told that just over 48 hours ago there was some stuff happening that caused some slow downs. So I'm guessing that was my problem. Thanks!